3 Abductors Will always spawn at random POIs. They cannot spawn at a Location currently being abducted by The Mothership, or Corny Complex. They will move in shortly before the match starts, similar to Quinjets. Shortly after the first Storm circle forms, abductors will begin to abduct players. If a player is in range of being abducted, a bright blue / green tractor beam will appear above them, even through structures and vehicles. The Abductors will abduct players and send them to The Mothership, putting them in a cell with the Alien Knockgun Launcher in their inventory until the Experiment begins.
Players can stand on top of Abductors, and whilst underneath them, can use the air flow to fly upwards. This allows for Glider Redeploy.
Abductor Crash Sites
Each Abductor has a tube which allows glider redeploy. There is also one Cube causing orange corruption around each crash site.
Party UFO (also known as Blue Abductor) It appeared on July 27th 2021, above The Aftermath. It was used for the Rift Tour countdown and spawning place of the name-sake LTM. After all the Rift Tour concerts ended, it has been removed from the map. Various Hologram Pads could be found on the Party UFO.
- Update v17.10: Added Abductors
- Content Update v17.10:
- July 6th: Removed Abductors
- Update v17.10 Hotfix
- July 13th: Added back, Abductors no longer spawn at Holly Hatchery and aren't guaranteed at Believer Beach
- July 14th: Abductors no longer spawn at Coral Castle, Believer Beach, Boney Burbs and Catty Corner. Abduction to the Mothership now takes 10 seconds, instead of 30.
- July 15th: Abduction to the Mothership now takes 40 seconds, instead of 10.
- Update v17.20: Removed Abductors
- Update v17.21: Added back. A new blue Abductor, called the Party UFO with a countdown for Rift Tour event, it appeared above The Aftermath.
- Update v17.30: Removed Abductors.
- Content Update v17.30: Added back, Party UFO was removed and the experiment has the Slurpy Swamp chunks instead of the Butter Barn and the building from Lucky Landing.
- August 14th: Mothership Abductors were turned off from playlists "due to an issue".
- August 24th: Abductors were readded, Slurpy Swamp chunks have been replaced with Coral Castle chunks.
- High Tech Hijinks Week: Abductors only spawn alien items as floor and chest loot.
- Update v18.00: Several Abductors crashed around the map, resulting in Super Bouncers being found in the surface around the crash site. Slipstreams return as a result of the crash.
Gold Abductor is a type of abductor capable of firing a powerful energy beam that can destroy an entire location within a second. They're powered by Golden Cubes. It was deployed by the Golden Motherships during The End event to destroy all POIs on Apollo. The Last Reality used one of the Gold Abductors to destroy the Rebooted Cube in Guava Fort. At the end of the event, the remaining Abductors crashed to the ocean as the island flips.
File on Abductors
Abductors hover over certain places and... kind of just stay put. But only for a little while. After some time, it’ll send beams at the ground, taking away those who decide to walk in them. Some who claim to have been abducted say they were taken to the Mothership, but we don’t know what the Aliens would have to gain. Why let people see the Mothership then bring them back home?
In any case, there seems to be more in it for the abductees than the Aliens. After returning, abductees tend to come back with powerful weapons. “The more orange-looking orbs we were able to collect in The Mothership, the better stuff we were allowed to leave with,” one abductee says. “We could even extend the time limit if we found orbs with the little clocks on them.”
You can see the locations of Abductors on your map. They visit in cycles, so we recommend investigating them thoroughly each time they’re here. Because Abductors only have so much space, there’s a capacity as to how many one can abduct at once.-Mari
|Tractor Beam Loop|
|Tractor Beam Flash|
- Before Content Update v17.10 an Abductor always spawned at Believer Beach.
- Abductors now seem to appear at random times, staying for 1-2 days (in real time) before disappearing.
- A Gold Abductor fired a laser at the Rebooted Cube, annihilating it and leaving only a few shards.
- During the Chapter 2 Finale, 2 Abductors did not manage to escape into the rift. These 2 Abductors exploded when the map flipped on top of them.
- During Collision, the Mecha dodged a piece of a destroyed Abductor in space on the way to Reality Zero.