Artemis is the code-name for the Fortnite: Battle Royale map used in Chapter 3. It located over Apollo. The name continues the trend of naming the map after Greek deities beginning with the letter 'A'.
During The End, Apollo became severely corrupted from The Last Reality's attacks and flipped over by The Seven. After this happens, a mega tsunami generated by the impact of the island flipping over knocks out The Looper. Then they float to Artemis. They meet The Foundation, and others sitting near a fire. He offers The Looper to sit and tells them about the Imagined Order and their abuse of the Zero Point. The Looper agrees to join their team against the Imagined Order. The Scientist sends The Looper on quests for the rocket recon missions, to get his "Wartime Essentials". He also tries to get in touch with The Paradigm through audio logs. They are found in Shifty Shafts after their Rocket Launches. The Imagined Order's first two mole teams arrive and a grotto-like structure was built on Pinnacle Peak and serves as the Imagined Order's Base. The Unnamed Investigation Agency arrives also and starts digging up The Devourer's skull. The Imagined Order sabotages The Scientist's Rocket. He sends The Looper to get revenge and retrieve the rocket parts.
In Chapter 3: Season 2, The Imagined Order resurfaces from Apollo and declared war on The Seven by launching an Invasion on Artemis, However, not without a fight as Kiara K.O. and Maximillian prepare to defend the Island from IO with help from other Loopers who defected from IO to The Seven and themselves. As IO was attacking more, Doctor Slone had also resurfaced from The Bridge and made countermeasures to disable Building and weaken the loopers. Then Doctor Strange brought reinforcements and the war for The Zero Point began, The Seven won the war.
In Chapter 3: Season 3, The IO was driven out of the Island for now, and The Seven is victorious, restoring the Island to its former glory. The Loopers celebrate their victory together by taking over IO Locations and vandalizing them to their own liking. Like Command Cavern becoming Rave Cave and The Collider becoming The Glow. However, The Zero Point is exposed yet again, but this time it is submerged underwater and is stable, It used its energy to turn the western part from a casual grasslands to a mushroom fantasy-like biome.
Named Locations in Artemis
|Name & Image||Season Added||Description|
|Chonker's Speedway||Chapter 3: Season 1||Chonker's Speedway is a racetrack for Whiplashes with Off-Road tires.|
|Condo Canyon||Chapter 3: Season 1||Condo Canyon is residental and commercial area in the desert with several shops.|
|Sleepy Sound||Chapter 3: Season 1||Sleepy Sound is a small Seaside Town. The main attraction is a fish restaurant called Sticks.|
|Shifty Shafts||Chapter 3: Season 1||Shifty Shafts is a small mining area near a tall mountain.|
|Reality Falls||Chapter 3: Season 3||Reality Falls is a location containing the Reality Tree, which represents the Zero Point's bloom.|
|Rocky Reels||Chapter 3: Season 1||Rocky Reels is a drive-in movie thether similar to Risky Reels from Apollo and Athena.|
|The Joneses||Chapter 3: Season 1||The Joneses a village occupied by Agent Jones' Snapshots.|
|Sanctuary||Chapter 3: Season 1||Sanctuary is the home of The Seven located in the tropical biome.|
|Coney Crossroads||Chapter 3: Season 1||Coney Crossroads is a small town with a few stores, most notably a SoFDeeZ Dinner.|
|The Daily Bugle||Chapter 3: Season 1||The Daily Bugle is made of a section of New York City inside a dormant Volcano. There are 3 buildings, one being the main Daily Bugle Building, alongside two apartments.|
|Greasy Grove||Chapter 3: Season 1||Greasy Grove is a small town notable for its Tacos restaurant. In Chapter 3: Season 3, it was partially destroyed by mushrooms.|
|Logjam Lotus||Chapter 3: Season 1||Logjam lotus was an industrial area where lumber is processed until the reality tree took over. Now it is a constantly changing location|
|Tilted Towers||Chapter 3: Season 1||Tilted Towers is a hamlet sized city made up of many buildings, a clock tower, apartments, an insurance office, shops, a mini soccer pitch, and a fishing pier.|
|Synapse Station||Chapter 3: Season 2||Synapse Station is a workshop that belong to The Seven where the Battle Bus was upgraded.|
|Rave Cave||Chapter 3: Season 3||Rave Cave is a location made out of the remains of Command Cavern to create a rave party. It contains a roller coaster with Ballers on the exterior portion.|
|Name & Image||Season Added||Description|
|Covert Cavern||Chapter 3: Season 1||Covert Cavern was the main base of the Imagined Order under a tall mountain. The location was later upgraded into Command Cavern.|
|Command Cavern||Chapter 3: Season 2||Command Cavern was the main base of the Imagined Order under a tall mountain.|
|The Collider||Chapter 3: Season 2||The Collider was the Doomsday Device built by the Imagined Order.|
|Camp Cuddle||Chapter 3: Season 1||Camp Cuddle was a camp where Cuddle Team Leader snapshots reside.|
- Artemis is the Greek goddess of the hunt, the wilderness, wild animals, the Moon, and chastity. She's also Apollo's twin sister.
- Artemis' terrain features were teased via an upside-down image for The End promo material.
- Artemis was actually under Apollo until the events of The End, which means that Apollo has not been destroyed (though severly corrupted) and has a chance of coming back in a later chapter.
- During the downtime for the season, the map was gradually revealed on the website Fliptheisland.com. Initially, at 5%, more chunks of the map would be uncovered as more people tweet #FortniteFlipped. The map was fully revealed on December 5th, 2021 at 08:15 UTC.
- 7 locations from Athena and Apollo have returned. These include the following: Tilted Towers, Shifty Shafts, Greasy Grove, Loot Lake (as a Landmark) Sunny Steps (as a Landmark, known as The Temple), The Volcano (as The Daily Bugle), and Logjam Woodworks (as Logjam Lumberyard.)
- Artemis includes many altered versions of Points of Interests such as Tilted Towers and Logjam Lumberyard.
- These changes might have happened during the events of Chapter 2: Season 5, due to some of these named locations not being present on the Chapter 1 Island during The End Event and some being present on the Chapter 2 Island.