- — v10.00 Patch Notes
The B.R.U.T.E. is a vehicle in Fortnite: Battle Royale. It is a giant mech suit with 1,250 heath that can be mounted by two players at a time.
There are two spots: Driver and Gunner. The Driver controls the movements of the B.R.U.T.E. It also allows the B.R.U.T.E. to stomp, jump, and boost. The Gunner controls the weapons of the B.R.U.T.E. The two weapons are the missile launcher and shotgun. The Gunner can also overcharge the shield for 75 materials. Both have the ability to self-destruct the B.R.U.T.E., which destroys itself 5 seconds after the command is set, it also does area damage.
On v.10.40, not specified in the patch notes, B.R.U.T.E.s explode on impact, apparently due to some sort of virus created by The Scientist (lore-wise). This is hinted at by an image on the screens in the Dusty Depot warehouse.
- The Scientist stripped a B.R.U.T.E. for parts, and used them to create a suit of armor and the rocket as seen in the end event.
- The B.R.U.T.E. had a logo on its back, which is the exact same logo as one in the Rift Lab under Wailing Woods, possibly suggesting a connection.
- The B.R.U.T.E. had a built-in Emote called B.R.U.T.A.L. Dab.
- If a B.R.U.T.E dances with a prop, for example, Hoop Master, it makes the prop bigger.
- The B.R.U.T.E fell from the sky in Battle Royale
- In the Chapter 2, Season 1 update, the B.R.U.T.E. was removed from Battle Royale and was exclusive to Creative.
- As of the v16.20 update, the B.R.U.T.E. has been removed from Creative, therefore removing the B.R.U.T.E. from Fortnite altogether.