Bars are a currency that persist across matches (bars do not persist across matches of competitive game modes). They are used to purchase items or services from different Characters, at differing prices. They can currently only be used for purchasing things from Characters, such as:
- Purchasing Items such as Weapons or Consumables.
- Hiring Characters as a friendly AI.
- Upgrading Weaponry or a Fishing Rod.
- Purchasing Exotic Items.
- Marking nearby Chests, Vehicles, Cozy Campfires, Bigfoot, or more.
Any of these purchases will deduct Bars from your account. Bars will also be deducted upon being eliminated in much smaller numbers.
The current maximum bars you can hold is 5K. (5,000)
Bars can be obtained in two different ways. These are by finding them as an currency, or getting them as a reward for completing a Quest.
Bars are dropped as currency if by:
- Eliminating opponents, both AI and players.
- Opening or destroying Cash Registers.
- Destroying Beds, Sofas or Washing Machines.
- Opening a Safe.
Bars are deposited straight into the player's inventory by:
- Completing a Bounty, or having it poached, both as a hunter and being hunted.
- Completing a Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Epic Quest given by characters.
- Update v15.00: Introduced Bars. Players can reach a maximum of 10,000 bars.
- Update v15.20: Bars are set at 50 in Arena, and do not persist across matches.
- Update v16.00: Bars have reset back to 0 for every player. The amount of maximum bars a player can hold was changed to 5,000.
- During Operation: Snowdown, playing a match in the Snowdown Shuffle playlist would reset players bars to 0. On December 22nd, 2020, users with 2K + Bars had their bars restored to their account and Epic Games promised that the bug should occur less.
- Bars seem to be made out of gold and made by the Imagined Order, as noted by the Logo printed on them.
- As of Update v15.20, when starting a game of Arena, players start out with 50 Bars, instead of 0. However, they still do not persist throughout consecutive matches, meaning if a player has 200 bars in an Arena match, it's best to use all those bars in that game, as the player will reset to 0.