- Purchasing Items such as Weapons or Consumables.
- Hiring Characters as a friendly AI.
- Upgrading Weaponry or a Fishing Rod.
- Purchasing Items.
- Marking nearby Chests, Vehicles, Cozy Campfires, Bigfoot, or more.
- Activating a Rift.
- Turning into a Prop.
- Locating the next storm circle.
- Buying Ammo.
- Donating to a Donation Station.
- Purchasing Items or services from a Vending Machine.
Any of these purchases will deduct Bars from your account. Bars will also be deducted upon being eliminated in much smaller numbers.
Bars can be obtained in two different ways. These are by finding them as a currency, or getting them as a reward for completing a Quest or Bounty.
Bars are dropped as an item by:
- Eliminating opponents, both AI and players.
- Opening or destroying Chests, Rare Chests, and Cash Registers.
- Opening a Safe.
- Destroying Beds, Sofas, or Washing Machines (Not Guarenteed).
Bars are deposited straight into the player's inventory by:
- Update v15.00: Introduced Bars. Players can reach a maximum of 10,000 bars.
- Update v15.20: Bars are set at 50 in Arena, and do not persist across matches.
- Update v16.00: Bars have been reset to 0 for every player. The amount of maximum bars a player can hold has been changed to 5,000.
- Update v17.00: Bars have been reset to 0 for every player.
- Update v18.00: Bars have been reset to 0 for every player.
- Completing quests for characters now give bars for each stage, meaning bars can be earned up to 5 times per questline.
- Update v19.00: Bars have been reset to 0 for every player.
- During Operation: Snowdown, playing a match in the Snowdown Shuffle playlist would reset players bars to 0. On December 22nd, 2020, users with 2K + Bars had their bars restored to their account and Epic Games promised that the bug should occur less.
- Bars seem to be made out of gold and made by the Imagined Order, as noted by the Logo printed on them.