Battle Passes are Season Passes in Fortnite: Battle Royale in which players can unlock up to 100 Rewards by levelling up. The Free Pass is a Season Pass that all players can access. The Battle Pass, the premium tiers of the pass, cost 950 V-Bucks. Your access to the battle pass is kept until the next season, in which your XP is reset. You keep all rewards from past seasons.
Current Battle Pass
|Chapter 2: Season 8|
- Season 2: Added Battle Pass with 70 Tiers. Daily Challenges can be completed to gain Battle Stars. Leveling up your Season Level gives you Battle Stars to progress through tiers.
- Season 3: Extended Tier Cap to 100. Added Weekly Challenges, Challenges that can give you Battle Stars. Season XP will be given if you reach Tier 100.
- Season 4: Added Mystery Rewards. Loading Screens can be obtained by completing Battle Pass Challenges. Added Style Challenges for Outfits. These Challenges expire at the end of the season. Added Sprays to the Pass.
- Season 5: Style Challenges will now require XP to complete instead of a specific Season Level, allowing players to complete challenges after the season ends. Added Toys to the Pass.
- Season 6: Added Pets.
- Season 7: Added Overtime Challenges at the end of a season, in which Battle Pass Owners can get extra styles for their Outfits.
- Season 9: Mystery Challenges have been replaced with Fortbytes for the season. Fortbytes are challenges that require you to complete certain Challenges to unlock the Mystery Reward and a free Loading Screen.
- Season X: Replaced Challenges with Missions, a system in which there are 2 types: Prestige and Normal. Complete Missions to earn rewards. Prestige contains harder missions.
- Chapter 2: Season 1: Battle Stars are now removed. XP becomes the primary form of leveling up. The Level Cap is at 999, though you stop earning rewards at Level 100.
- Chapter 2: Season 2: Prestige Missions are removed, and a new rarity is introduced to the Battle Pass, being Marvel Series Series. Overtime challenges are no longer appearing.
- Chapter 2: Season 3: Introduces a new rarity to the battle pass, being DC Series. Also added punchcards. Quick Challenges are added and serve as a substitute for Daily Challenges. Weekly Style Challenges are added.
- Chapter 2: Season 4 is the same as the last season, besides introducing a new rarity to the battle pass.
- Chapter 2: Season 5: Challenges are turned into Quests. Quests are sectioned into Common Uncommon, Rare Epic and Legendary. The Common quest as a substitute for the Quick Challenges. Introduces new rarity to battle pass, being Star Wars Series.
- Chapter 2: Season 6: Introduced two new rarities to the battle pass; those being Gaming Legends Series & Icon Series
- Chapter 2: Season 7: 5 Battle Stars are now awarded upon levelling up, these are now used to purchase rewards.
- Chapter 2: Season 8: Punch cards are reintroduced as the primary way of getting XP.