A Battle Pass may be purchased for 950 V-Bucks, and the price of 950 V-Bucks has not changed since its introduction. Battle Passes are tied to each season of play in Battle Royale and provide players a variety of items, including skins, banner icons, emotes, pickaxe skins, sprays, toys, pets, music packs, and wraps by doing Daily Challenges and Missions.
Battle Pass History and Mechanics
Chapter 1 - Season 1
- C1-1 doesn’t have a Battle Pass unlike future seasons. But the progression system is like the Battle Pass. You have to level up in order to unlock rewards and purchase rewards. To level up, you must earn XP. XP can be earned through matches. You get more XP if you rank high, eliminate opponents, survive, etc.
Chapter 1 - Seasons 2-X
- The Battle Pass was introduced in C1-2. The progression system now uses Battle Stars, which can be obtained by leveling up. This also includes Challenges (In C1-X onwards, they are called Missions).
- The Free Pass remains in the game with rewards going up to Tier 62.
- In C1-2, the Battle Pass had 70 tiers. C1-3 onwards, that number became 100.
Chapter 2 - Season 1
- The Battle Pass was reworked for C2-1. Battle Stars have been removed and the progression system is reverted to the one used in C1-1, which is the XP system. This means that tiers are also removed, the basis of the Battle Pass is now levels. All Missions are available to all players and give XP by completing them. You can also go beyond Level 100.
- In v11.20, Daily Challenges returned to the game, making progression more easier.
The Free Pass now has rewards beyond Level 62 because there is no difference with Battle Pass progression this time around.
Battle Pass Seasons
Seasons can last anywhere from 2 to 3 months (about 70 days). Every season, the map will change to include new features.
|Season 1||October 24 - December 14, 2017||None||1 Icon and glider, The Season Shop.|
|Season 2||December 14, 2017 - February 22, 2018||Medieval||The Battle Pass System, Emotes, XP Boosts, Gliders, Emoticons, Bonus Daily Challenge, and Outfits.|
|Season 3||February 22 - May 1, 2018||Space||Loading Screens, Weekly challenges and Contrails.|
|Season 4||May 1 - July 11, 2018||Super Heroes||Sprays, Weekly Storyline Loading Screens, Progressive Outfits, and Bonus secret Seasonal Outfit.|
|Season 5||July 11 - September 27, 2018||World Collision||Toys and Free Pass weekly challenges. Seasonal Recap Video (E-mail)|
|Season 6||September 27 - December 5, 2018||Halloween||Music and Pets.|
|Season 7||December 5, 2018 - February 28, 2019||Winter||Wraps and Animated Loading Screens.|
|Season 8||February 28 - May 9, 2019||Pirates||Animated Sprays and Traversal Emotes.|
|Season 9||May 9 - August 1, 2019||Future||Dual-Wielding Pickaxes, Fortbytes, Animated Emoticons, Animated Wraps, and Custom Seasonal Recap video|
|Season X||August 1 - October 13, 2019||Time||Missions and Giftable Battle Passes|
|Season 1||October 15, 2019 - February 6, 2020||New World||The Reworked Batte Pass, Synced Emotes|