The Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle is weapon which fires a single, fast moving, projectile bullet, which is affected by gravity. The weapon is fitted with a Scope for long range engagements but has only one bullet in its magazine, punishing inaccurate fire. Firing the weapon from the hip is very inaccurate also, having no indication on which direction the bullet will go.
The Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle can be upgraded from Common to Legendary, in regular increments at an Upgrade Bench. As of Chapter 2: Season 4, you cannot upgrade to a Rare Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle due to the Common and Uncommon rarities being vaulted.
You can sidegrade a Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle to a Hunting Rifle, and vice versa. The Common and Uncommon variants cannot be sidegraded, due to the lack of a Common Hunting Rifle, and that the functionality for these rarities to be upgraded is not in the game.
Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles range from dealing 95 Damage per shot to 116 Damage per shot (31.25 - 38.28 damage per second). All Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles use Heavy Ammo. The Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle has a headshot multiplier of 2.5x.
|Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle||Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle||Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle|
|DPS: 31.25||DPS: 33||DPS: 34.65|
|Damage: 95||Damage: 100||Damage: 105|
|Magazine Size: 1||Magazine Size: 1||Magazine Size: 1|
|Reload Time: 3.3s||Reload Time: 3.2s||Reload Time: 3s|
|Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle||Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle|
|DPS: 36.3||DPS: 38.28|
|Damage: 110||Damage: 116|
|Magazine Size: 1||Magazine Size: 1|
|Reload Time: 2.3||Reload Time: 2.5|
- Players should aim above targets at long ranges to compensate for bullet drop. The further the target the higher the player should aim.
- Players should aim in the direction a target is moving at long ranges to compensate for the bullet travel time. The faster and further the target the further the player should aim.
- Introduced the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle Comes in Rare, Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Vaulted the Legendary Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle.
- Vaulted the Rare and Epic Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles in favor of the Suppressed Sniper Rifle.
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle unvaulted in Rare, Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Vaulted the Suppressed Sniper Rifle.
- Updated the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle to fit the new Chapter 2 visuals.
- The Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle now has a different model for different rarities.
- Removed the Common Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle within hours of release.
- Vaulted the all rarities of the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle in favor of the Suppressed Sniper Rifle and Heavy Sniper Rifle.
- Update v13.00: Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle unvaulted in Rare, Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Update v16.00: Vaulted the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle in all remaining rarities.
- The Common, Uncommon and Rare textures are based off the British AWM.
- The Epic and Legendary textures are based off the Swiss Brügger & Thomet APR.
- Despite having a magazine visually capable of holding several bullets, each magazine only holds one bullet. This is for balance reasons however.
- The Epic Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle has a faster reload than the Legendary one, due to a balancing mistake to slow down the Legendary version's reload time, but not compensating for the Epic version.
- Prior to Chapter 2, both the low and high tier rarities of the weapon used the same texture.
- Killing a player without aiming this weapon shows a 'NO SCOPED' message in the kill feed. This is in reference to the concept of 'no-scoping' popularized by the Call of Duty franchise.
- The Common Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle is the only Common Sniper Rifle.