- — In-Game Description
The Boom Sniper Rifle functions similar to the Heavy Sniper Rifle, except firing a clinger with its projectile, at high speeds. This clinger deals contact damage to players, and then explodes after a short time. The contact damage is affected by head-shots, whereas the explosion is not. As it is a sniper rifle fitted with a scope, it is most effective at mid to long ranges. The gun also has 5 shots in its magazine, unlike the Heavy Sniper Rifle which only has 1.
The Boom Sniper Rifle deals up to 70 damage. It deals 10 contact damage, and the clinger's explosion delivers another 60 damage. The Boom Sniper Rifles uses Heavy Ammo. The Boom Sniper Rifle has a headshot multiplier of 2.5x. However, the multiplier is only applied to the contact damage.
|Boom Sniper Rifle|
|Damage: 70 (10 Impact, 60 Explosion)|
|Fire Rate: 1|
|Magazine Size: 5|
|Reload Time: 4.1s|
- The Boom Sniper Rifle can be used to deal splash damage to enemies around corners, as it shoots clingers.
- The Boom Sniper Rifle is known as a 'fire and forget' weapon, as shooting it at an enemy allows the player to shift their attention to something else, as they are certain it will later deal significant damage.
- If you are playing with teammates, make your teammate approach the enemy, then shoot your teammate so they have a clinger on their body. The teammate should approach to the enemy so that when the clinger explodes, the enemy will take damage and your teammate can finish the kill.
- Update v15.00: Introduced the Boom Sniper Rifle.
- Update v16.00: Vaulted the Boom Sniper Rifle.