The Burst SMG is a four round burst submachine gun which fires in a full-auto burst configuration. Like other SMGs, it is a short range weapon with good hipfire accuracy. The Burst SMG has a magazine size of 24 and deals high DPS up close. The weapon can function at longer ranges, but the damage falloff is high and the accuracy low.
|Burst SMG||Burst SMG||Burst SMG|
|DPS: 180||DPS: 187.5||DPS: 195|
|Damage: 24||Damage: 25||Damage: 26|
|Magazine Size: 24||Magazine Size: 24||Magazine Size: 24|
|Fire Rate: 7.5||Fire Rate: 7.5||Fire Rate: 7.5|
|Reload Time: 2.5s||Reload Time: 2.4s||Reload Time: 2.2s|
The Burst SMG is a hitscan weapon. It does not have First Shot Accuracy enabled, and will always fire a random spread of bullets, which increases with continuous fire. This spread is decreased whilst crouching.
|Pullout||Common, Uncommon and Rare||File:Burst SMG - Pullout - FX - Fortnite.ogg|
|Reload||File:Burst SMG - Reload - FX - Fortnite.ogg|
|Pickup||File:Burst SMG - Pickup - FX - Fortnite.ogg|
|Drop||File:Burst SMG - Drop - FX - Fortnite.ogg|
From when the weapon was last available in Season X
- The Burst SMG is ideal paired with a Shotgun, due to their close range abilities, if you do not kill the enemy with the shotgun, switch to the Burst SMG to finish them off.
- The Uncommon & Rare Burst SMGs deal 100+ in a single burst, meaning that it can eliminate a player with full health & shield in two bursts.
- The Burst SMG has the same damage dropoff pattern as the Suppressed Submachine Gun, meaning that it can be used efficiently at medium ranges. However, you should practice to maintain its vertical kick, which luckily resets at its original position after every burst.
- If you're good with this weapon, you can even replace an assault rifle, if needed.
- The Burst SMG is able to shred through multiple player's buildings in few seconds, and if you time it perfectly you can pass multiple bullets through them and hit enemies on the other side of a wall.
- Update v9.10: Introduced the Burst SMG in Common, Uncommon and Rare rarities.
- Update v10.30: Vaulted the Burst SMG in all rarities.
- The Burst SMG uses the same model as the Rapid Fire SMG, with the only difference being the coloring of the two weapons.
- Even if the in game statistics show that the Burst SMG has a fire rate of 7.5, the actual burst is faster than the Minigun firing in full-auto.
- The Burst SMG has the highest damage for SMGs, even higher than most Assault Rifles.
- The weapon is based off of the real world KRISS Vector submachine gun.
- Currently the Burst SMG is the longest vaulted SMG in the game, last time being present in Season X.