Chapter 2: Season 3, also known as Season 13 in the game files, with the slogan "Splashdown!", is the thirteenth season of Fortnite: Battle Royale, which started on June 17th, 2020, and will end on August 26th, 2020.
Previously the start date was going to be on April 30th, 2020, but was postponed multiple times to June 17th, 2020.
The theme revolves around water and aquatics.
Previously, in Fortnite...
In Chapter 2 Season 2, The Agency, The Rig, The Grotto, The Shark and The Yacht took over the Fortnite map with two different organizations: A.L.T.E.R and E.G.O, and a third organization called The Agency that collects intel from both sides. With A.L.T.E.R was Brutus, TNTina and Meowscles. With E.G.O was Midas (formerly, undercover), Deadpool and Skye.
How did it start?
The Wall of Water had then collapsed, flooding the entire map.
The introduction to the season begins with Midas lying on a raft. A shark appeared and ran over him presumably killing him. Then, we saw that Meowscles was in fact controlling this shark with a fishing rod and was riding on skis behind. He passed a floating bar where Ocean was fighting Brutus, she knocked him out cold taking his helmet off in one blow. Next, Aquaman emerged on a giant Flopper to fist-bump Meowscles. This abruptly ended as Aquaman spotted that they were about to crash, he pointed it out and left. Meowscles just about saved it but went onto The Brat's barbecue and his skis caught fire. He then flew through a floating caravan, coming out holding Jellie and his skis no longer on fire. Afterwards, he swerved through some junk and used a ramp to jump, while doing this he threw Jellie behind him. Then, he landed on some cement drying at The Authority and used a passing Choppa as a ride. However, Blaze kicked him out. He landed back on water between two boats that collided with each other and exploded.
The Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks like always and the Battle Bundle costs 2,800 V-Bucks as well. Its Tab has received a new water-themed hideout, here you can access Weekly Challenges, Style Challenges, the Battle Pass, and a new feature - Build-A-Brella.
|From The Deep!|
|I Call Shotgun|
|Beyond The Waves|
|King of the Beach|
- The map is flooded, making almost half of the map filled with water. As the season progresses, the water level will decrease.
New Features & Changes
- Added Sharks! Using a Fishing Rod, you can control Sharks that occasionally spawn on the map and ski on the water with them. But beware! They might bite you!
- Added whirlpools, jump in the middle to swirl and fly up high in the sky, then deploy your glider!
- There are a new type of enemy, the marauder. They come in five landing pods, which appear in the number of five by a rift.
- New weapons have been added: Charge Shotgun, charge it to deal TONS of damage!
- The Rapid Fire SMG has a new Legendary Rarity that can only be obtained through sidegrading or Henchman Chests.
- Consumables like the Slurp Mushroom or Bananas can be found in Ice Chests - They can now be picked up and stored. Added Cabbage and Corn Foraged Items too. On top of this, Ice Chests give more items. They can now be picked up and stored.
- 3 bosses (Kit, Jules, & Ocean) replace all previous ones.
- A loot loaded Pawntoon has appeared. It always moves around and is not shown on the map.
- The water will reside around the map, and drivable cars will appear.
- Submachine Guns
- Chug Splashes
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
- Hunting Rifle
- Stink Bombs (Obtained via Marauders and Loot Sharks)
- Pump Shotgun
- Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Suppressed Sniper Rifle (Still in Team Rumble)
- Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Bandage Bazooka
- Remote Explosives
- Creepin' Cardboard
- Proximity Mine
- Minigun (Still in Team Rumble)
Brand new Mythic items!
- Jules' Glider Gun, acts just like Batman's Grapple Gun.
- Jules' Drum Gun, just like Midas' Drum Gun but with a nerfed fire rate and damage. Ammo- Medium Bullets.
- Kit's Shockwave Launcher, fires Shockwave Grenades. Ammo- Rockets.
- Kit's Charge Shotgun, no need to charge! Ammo- Shells.
- Ocean's Burst Assault Rifle, a larger magazine. Ammo- Medium Bullets.
- Ocean's Bottomless Chug Jug, an infinite Chug Jug.
13.10 Patch Notes (June 23rd)
- Added New Items
13.20 Patch Notes (June 30th)
- Added New Items
- Submachine Gun
- All variants' fire rate reduced to 10.
- Epic & Legendary's magazine size set to 35.
- Reload speed for Epic & Legendary decreased from 3.1 and 3.0 to 2.2 and 2.1
- Charge Shotgun
- Epic & Legendary's magazine size set to 4.
- Above the reticle there is now a charge bar which indicates you when it's fully charged.
- Hand Cannon
- Got a new texture.
- Ocean's Burst Assault Rifle
- damage increased from 37 to 39.
- Foraged Items
- Gathering is now instant.
- Upgrade Bench
- New UI.
- In-game on the emote wheel, if the emote is Synced, Build-in or Traversal an icon will be shown next to the emote's name.
- Marauders doesn't count in Storm Surge anymore.
- They now drop better guns.
- The Storm
- New fog and weather added.
- Makes it very hard to see.
- Not added on mobile
- New fog and weather added.
- A group of islands has appeared near Sharky Shell. A group of coral buddies for a secret quest to make civilization.
- A crane has appeared near the Yellow Steel Bridge and has lifted one of the crashed trucks.
- Multiple posters have been set up in Lazy Lake featuring unique vehicles.
- Some helipads have been taken down around the island.
- July 1st: The water level decreased, clearing water from areas such as Salty Springs, Steamy Stacks, most of Frenzy Farm, and parts of multiple landmarks. Some locations have also been slightly relocated and some small locations have vanished.
- The gas tanks in the Catty Corner gas station have changed to a different type of gas tank.
- A dance pad was set up in the filming area at Sweaty Sands.
- July 11th: The water level decreased further, clearing water from areas such as Risky Reels as well as other landmarks, and has also caused random areas to move or vanish.
- August 1st:: The water level decreased even further, unflooding Coral Castle, and the water near Slurpy Swamp is now muddy. Other changes are yet to be noted.
- This season has changed the weapons and items available the most, many have been vaulted and others have been unvaulted.
- Aquaman is the "Secret" Battle Pass Skin.
- All the bosses drop 2 items and a keycard when killed.
- This season's Battle Pass was the first to include Uncommon Contrails.
- On June 1st, Sony/PlayStation accidentally leaked the pre-cover for Season 3.
Now the season has released, we have accurate information on what these teasers show.
Teasers 5-6 shows Parts of The Fortilla which is now the main-living area on the map and the hideout for the Battle Pass tab.
Teasers 7-8 show Kit.