For the article on The Chapter 1 Season, please see Season 4 Chapter 2: Season 4, also known as Season 14 in the game files, with the title "Nexus War", was the fourteenth season of Fortnite: Battle Royale, which started on August 27th, 2020, and ended on December 1st, 2020 (4:20 PM EST) after The Devourer of Worlds event ended (previous ending date was November 30, 2020). The theme revolved around Marvel: Nexus War.
This season was not available for iOS players.
- 1 Previously, in Fortnite...
- 2 How did it start?
- 3 How did it end?
- 4 Battle Pass
- 5 Rewards
- 6 Map Changes
- 7 New Features & Changes
- 8 Galactus' Arrival (The Devourer of Worlds)
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Teasers
Previously, in Fortnite...
Far away, Thor is crowned the king of Asgard. 2 weeks later, Galactus warns Thor of the incoming threat called Black Winter, the death of all things. In order to stop the Black Winter from destroying Asgard and the universe, Thor becomes the Herald of Thunder and helps Galactus find 5 special planets to consume in order to stop the Black Winter. Galactus finds the rift above Catty Corner and the power of the Zero Point attracts him to it, so Thor enters the rift to warn it's inhabitants of the danger and to prepare to fight Galactus. Upon entering the island, he is confronted by Brite Bomber, Kit, Jonesy, Lynx, Peely, and Raven which Thor tries to talk to, in vain. The island slowly saps away part of Thor's memory, but upon seeing Galactus arriving in the distance he is reminded of his mission. He then sends his ravens to find help in his dimension, and in turn, the goddess also known as Lady Sif sends Storm, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, She-Hulk, Mystique, Dr. Victor Von Doom, and Groot as well as the Helicarrier to appear via the Bifrost.
If you read the Marvel Comics, you should know that: "While Galactus marked Thor Odin's son as his newest Herald and began consuming five special planets that would theoretically give him the power to oppose it, the Black Winter attacked an alternate universe and was confronted by its league of heroes. Upon looking in its eyes, the league saw the face of the one who was destined to kill them, and called out to their gods for help before being killed. The Black Winter then extinguished that universe, assuming the form of the cosmic hand that had originally created it. Returning to the Prime Marvel Universe, the Black Winter easily subdued Galactus and Thor." (From Marvel Database Black Winter)
How did it start?
The introduction to this season begins with Iron Man flying from missiles when suddenly the Bifrost takes him away. Then, we see She-Hulk holding a dumpster in front of two men firing, when she is taken by the Bifrost too. Next, Wolverine runs in a forest, and to his annoyance is too taken by the Bifrost. Finally, we see Thor wielding Mjolnir and bringing all 3 characters to the Battle Royale map, alongside Groot, Mystique, Storm and Doctor Doom. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Helicarrier can be seen behind them.
The Fortnite characters (Raven, Lynx, Recruit Jonesy, and Peely) and the summoned heroes prepared to fight, but Thor defused the situation, and points to Galactus in the sky, who is fast approaching the island.
How did it end?
Throughout the season, Iron Man was coming up with an idea to stop Galactus. Over time, the Battle Bus received 3 stages of upgrades, and towards the end of the season, the Battle Bus was upgraded with a Stark Industries look equipped with Gamma Cells.
When the time came, Galactus arrived on the Apollo Island, where he began to get closer to the island, while also growing larger to the point where dwarfed over everything on the island. He then menacingly told everyone to beware of him and that he hungers. Galactus then destroys the Helicarrier 64 with his fist and knocked all the players off it. As all of the players started skydiving, Iron Man appears and saves them by giving them a Stark Industries Jetpack. As Iron Man tells the players that they must stop Galactus from devouring the The Zero Point, they see Galactus attracting it by his energy coming from his hands, which lets him try to devour The Zero Point. As he attempts to consume The Zero Point, Iron Man tells the players that energy readings are going berserk, and that if Galactus continues to absorb The Zero Point at the rate he's going, there will be a full reality collapse. Galactus' continued absorption of The Zero Point causes everything and everyone to be sucked into it. Suddenly, everyone found themselves in space inside of among billions of Battle Buses.
Iron Man explains to the players that he had created upgraded Battle Bus clones with cannons and Gamma Cells to use them as bombs. He then directed the players to shoot Gorgers and Gatherers coming from behind of Galactus with their Battle Bus’ cannons, and to head towards Galactus so he could consume as many Battle Buses as possible. If all went to plan, Galactus would be sent back to where he came from. Throughout the fight, players got closer to Galactus and started to drive along his right arm with the help of Thor and Wolverine. Finally, when they got close to Galactus, players left their Battle Buses and watched as Galactus consumed the Battle Buses while having Gamma energy coming out of him, and was then sent back to where he came from with a Rift. Iron Man thanks them for everything.
The screen then cuts to the office seen in The Device, with Agent John Jones laying on the floor waking up from what seemed to be a nightmare. The Chapter 2: Season 5 countdown appeared after players’ screens faded to black.
|Scales of Justice
|Groot's Sap Axes
Weekly Challenge Rewards
|Jennifer Walters (Crimson)
Complete Challenges from Week 1 or 2
Complete Challenges from Week 3 or 4
Complete Challenges from Week 5 or 6
|Doctor Doom (God Emperor)
Complete Challenges from Week 7 or 8
Complete Challenges from Week 9 or 10
Complete 60 Weekly Challenges
|Thor (Silver Foil)
|Jennifer Walters (Silver Foil)
|Groot (Silver Foil)
|Doctor Doom (Silver Foil)
|Mystique (Silver Foil)
|Tony Stark (Silver Foil)
|Wolverine (Silver Foil)|
|Thor (Gold Foil)
|Jennifer Walters (Gold Foil)
|Groot (Gold Foil)
|Storm (Gold Foil)|
|Doctor Doom (Gold Foil)
|Mystique (Gold Foil)
|Tony Stark (Gold Foil)
|Wolverine (Gold Foil)|
|Thor (Holo Foil)
|Jennifer Walters (Holo Foil)
|Groot (Holo Foil)
|Storm (Holo Foil)|
|Doctor Doom (Holo Foil)
|Mystique (Holo Foil)
|Tony Stark (Holo Foil)
|Wolverine (Holo Foil)|
|Mighty Marvel 'Brella|
- The map was invaded by heroes and villains who arrived to participate in The Nexus War.
- Spawn Island replaced with a large Helicarrier.
- New Locations
- Doom's Domain, replacing Pleasant Park
- Sentinel Graveyard, west of Lazy Lake
- Quinjet Patrol Sites, random each game
- Ant Manor, east of Holly Hedges
- Panther's Prowl, between Hydro 16 and Misty Meadows
- The Collection, high in the mountains near Retail Row.
- Stark Industries, replacing Frenzy Farm
- Bifrost Marks
- Thor's Mjolnir pit
- Trask Transportation Truck
- Heart Lake
- The Ruins, replacing The Authority
- Removed Locations
- Locations with Changes
New Features & Changes
- New Items
- Stark Industries Energy Rifle (Rare, Epic and Legendary)
- Pro Fishing Rod
- Fire Trap
- Doctor Doom's Arcane Gauntlets, earned upon eliminating Doctor Doom
- Doctor Doom's Mystical Bomb, earned upon eliminating Doctor Doom
- Iron Man's Repulsor Gauntlets, earned upon eliminating Iron Man.
- Wolverine's Claws, earned upon eliminating Wolverine.
- Iron Man's Unibeam, earned upon eliminating Iron Man.
- Thor's Mjolnir Strike, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Groot's Bramble Shield, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Silver Surfer's Board, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Black Panthers Kinetic Shield, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Storm's Whirlwind Blast, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- She-Hulk's Fists, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Venom's Smash & Grab, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Stark Industries Jetpack
Galactus' Arrival (The Devourer of Worlds)
According to Donald Mustard, Galactus has been on his way since The End event, when he was attracted to the power of the Zero Point since it resolved matter, creating the island we have in Chapter 2.
During The Devourer of Worlds, Galactus crashes in the sea and makes his way towards the island. He powers up his hunger and shoves the Helicarrier to the ocean, upon players being rescued by Iron Man, who grants them Stark Industries Jetpacks. During this moment on, Galactus makes his way towards The Ruins and the energy of the Zero Point is given to him, although it is exposed to the entire island, starting to absorb its power. Iron Man sends players to the In-Between, where players use his modified Battle Buses' laser cannons to fight Galactus. Stark explains that if Galactus successfully weakens, he will enter a portal back to his reality. Galactus sends out Gorgers and Gatherers which were easy for the laser cannons to hit, but he still is harnessing the Zero Point. After one moment, everyone heads into the depths of space.
Once Galactus threatens to punch the Battle Bus, Thor arrives and wields Mjolnir in front of the bus. Iron Man takes the Battle Buses up Galactus' arm, where more Gorgers and Gatherers are sent. The song "Demon Fire" by AC/DC plays during this scene. Once in Galactus' shoulder, Wolverine crashes in the front of the bus and disarms all of the drones with his Adamantium Claws, just before Galactus is taking the bait to consume all of the Battle Buses. Iron Man evacuates players off their buses, while Thor, She-Hulk, Groot, and Storm join him. The Marvel heroes also head into Galactus' mouth alongside the Battle Buses.
With Gamma energy powered from the buses, Galactus weakens and pukes himself to death, and enters the said rift back to his reality. Iron Man congratulates everyone for their successful efforts before the screen fades to black.
After this moment on, players are treated to a cutscene where we return to the office seen in The Device being in an emergency lockdown state. A phone call rings, and Agent John Jones wakes up from what seemed to be a nightmare. Instead of accessing the rest of the cutscene, players see a message in space reading "To be Continued... In Season 5!", entering a prep state for the next season.
- This season was not available to iOS players (See FreeFortnite).
- Android players were able to play this season; however, they were required to download Fortnite directly from Epic Games in order to play.
- This meant that Chapter 2: Season 4 was the first season of Fortnite that was not available on every platform.
- The Chapter 2: Season 4 Battle Pass was the first Battle Pass to not include any universal emotes, as they are replaced by Built-In Emotes for each of the Battle Pass Outfits.
- It was also the first Battle Pass to not have an outfit as the level/tier 100 unlock, with the challenges for Tony Stark's "Suit Up" Built-In Emote being unlocked instead.
- Teaser 1: Thor is teased.
- Teaser 2: The first and second pages of the comic book is teased with Thor as the Herald of Thunder.
- Teaser 2: The third and fourth pages of the comic book is teases with Thor on Apollo with Jonesy and Raven.
- Teaser 3: The fifth and sixth pages of the comic book is teased which shows Thor fighting the Fortnite Characters.
- Teaser 5: The seventh and eight pages of the comic book are teased which shows Galactus heading to the Island to consume The Zero Point.
The Teasers combined say "NEXUS", which is a reference to The Zero Point.