For the article on the Chapter 1 Season of the same name, please see Season 4
Chapter 2: Season 4, also known as Season 14 in the game files, with the title "Nexus War", was the fourteenth season of Fortnite: Battle Royale, which started on August 27th, 2020, and ended on December 1st, 2020 (4:20 PM EST) after The Devourer of Worlds event ended (previous ending date was November 30, 2020). The theme revolved around Marvel: Nexus War.
This season was the first season not available for iOS players since Season 2, the season before Fortnite was ported to iOS.
Previously, in Fortnite...
Following the failure of Midas' plan, the Island became flooded and the GHOST vs SHADOW war started to cool down. After the water on the Island had been drained by Coral Castle's sinks, Thor arrived in Reality Zero to evacuate the Loopers from the Island, but he is unable to as they didn't listen and seeing how Galactus was coming, he asks for help in his Reality and in turn, Lady Sif sends several heroes from their Reality to the Island.
How did it start?
After the heroes had arrived in the Island, the now confused Fortnite characters (Raven, Lynx, Recruit Jonesy, and Peely) prepared to fight and so did the heroes, but Thor defused the situation, and points to the real danger, Galactus, who is fast approaching the island.
Seeing the threat of the Devourer of Worlds, Tony Stark, after recovering his memories, formulates a plan to defeat Galactus and send him back to their Reality, and so phase 1 of his begun. He built and placed 13 Temporal Beacons around the area of Frenzy Farm and The Orchard, activating all of them after that. The Temporal Beacons then started bringing several locations from the Marvel Reality, before creating a green bubble around Frenzy Farm and The Orchard and bringing the landmass of Upstate New York into the Island, with Tony Stark's house and more importantly, Stark Industries, where phase 2 of his plan would take place.
With phase 1 of his plan over, phase 2 begun and Tony Stark started upgrading Battle Buses with Jet engines and wings, then placing Gamma Radiation Bombs inside them. At the same time, Galactus deployed his Gorgers on the Island to fight the Heroes and the Loopers.
After he was done upgrading the Battle Bus, phase 2 concluded, and phase 3 of his plan started, which had Tony Stark hack The Loop to multiply the few Battle Buses he had upgraded into the billions, and then left them in The In-Between, where the loopers would be teleported to once Galactus started consuming The Zero Point. He then placed Stark Industries Jetpacks in the chests, so that loopers would use them once the time came.
Galactus arrived on the Island, dwarfing everything else in size, telling everyone that he hungers. Galactus then destroyed Helicarrier 64, knocking the looper into the air. As the looper started falling, Tony Stark on his Iron Man suit appeared and saved them by giving them a Stark Industries Jetpack. Tony Stark then tells the looper that they must stop Galactus from consuming the The Zero Point. Afterwards Galactus' hand looms over the Island and rips out the Zero Point from underneath The Ruins, absorbing its energy. Tony Stark tells the looper that if Galactus continues to absorb The Zero Point at the rate he's going, there will be a full reality collapse. Galactus' continued absorption of The Zero Point causes it to crack, causing everything and everyone to be sucked into it, at the same time Tony Stark begins transporting and assigning each looper to a Battle Bus. The player emerges inside a Battle Bus in The In-Between.
Tony Stark explains to the player that he had upgraded a Battle Bus with cannons and Gamma Cells to use them as bombs. He then 'hacked' The Loop and cloned the upgraded battle bus a few billion times. He directed the player to shoot Gorgers and Gatherers unleashed by Galactus with their Battle Bus’ cannons, and to head towards Galactus to trick him into consuming the Battle Buses. If all went to plan, Galactus would be defeated and everyone would be sent back to where they came from. Throughout the fight, players got closer to Galactus and started to drive along his right arm with the help of Thor and Wolverine. Finally, when they got close to Galactus, players left their Battle Buses and watched as Galactus consumed the Battle Buses. As the Gamma Bombs detonated all at once, the combined energy caused severe damage to Galactus, knocking him back and straight into a Rift, transporting him and everyone else back to where they came from.
The screen then cuts to Agent Jones lying in his office as alarms blare and the walls crack around him, then waking up before the screen blacks out.
|Scales of Justice
|Groot's Sap Axes
|The MCG (Wolverine Vol.2 #145)
Weekly Challenge Rewards
|Jennifer Walters (Crimson)
Complete Challenges from Week 1 or 2
Complete Challenges from Week 3 or 4
Complete Challenges from Week 5 or 6
|Doctor Doom (God Emperor)
Complete Challenges from Week 7 or 8
Complete Challenges from Week 9 or 10
Complete 60 Weekly Challenges
|Thor (Silver Foil)
|Thor's Cloak (Silver Foil)
|Jennifer Walters (Silver Foil)
|Groot (Silver Foil)
|Storm (Silver Foil)|
|Doctor Doom (Silver Foil)
|Mystique (Silver Foil)
|Tony Stark (Silver Foil)
|Wolverine (Silver Foil)|
|Thor (Gold Foil)
|Thor's Cloak (Gold Foil)
|Jennifer Walters (Gold Foil)
|Groot (Gold Foil)
|Storm (Gold Foil)|
|Doctor Doom (Gold Foil)
|Mystique (Gold Foil)
|Tony Stark (Gold Foil)
|Wolverine (Gold Foil)|
|Thor (Holo Foil)
|Thor's Cloak (Holo Foil)
|Jennifer Walters (Holo Foil)
|Groot (Holo Foil)
|Storm (Holo Foil)|
|Doctor Doom (Holo Foil)
|Mystique (Holo Foil)
|Tony Stark (Holo Foil)
|Wolverine (Holo Foil)|
|Mighty Marvel 'Brella|
Update v14.00 (August 27th, 2020)
- The floating Spawn Island has drifted away and replaced with the flying Marvel Helicarrier 64.
- Pleasant Park has been turned into Doom's Domain, a POI with a new mansion called House of Doom and the reopened safe house under the soccer field featuring a new Vault of Doom. The location is guarded by Doom Henchmen and the boss, Doctor Doom.
- A large Sentinel Graveyard has appeared on the hilltop area west of Lazy Lake. From the graveyard, the house in the area has been destroyed by a fallen Sentinel.
- Galactus can now be seen in the sky, as a bright dot among the other stars.
- A barn has been built east of The Authority, inhabited by Tony Stark, working on The Experiment of a strange device.
- The central residential building in Retail Row has been rebuilt into Jennifer Walters' Office.
- A large throne formed from rocks and trees have appeared east of Retail Row called Doom's Throne.
- Steamy Stacks, Craggy Cliffs, Dirty Docks, Weeping Woods and Slurpy Swamp are completely reverted back to normal. All artifacts that were destroyed or misplaced have been reset to their original spots.
- The wall around The Authority has collapsed, and the remains of the inside of the building are being packed up. Only one SHADOW Henchman remains.
- The Yacht has been removed from the island.
- A large amount of The Fortilla has been lost in the water.
- The rest of the Rickety Rig has been lost to the water.
- The Henchmen from Catty Corner have left and the POI was abandoned.
- The large Rift in the sky has vanished.
- Multiple Stark devices have appeared around the northeast of the map, in the shape of the circle.
- Multiple vases have appeared in some houses around the map.
- The flower and lamp shop in Retail Row has begun to pack up the equipment in the back rooms, by one remaining GHOST Henchman.
- The construction below the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued, including more fencing and more positioned chairs.
- Hayman and Pipeman have appeared near Fort Crumpet greeting each other with a high five.
- A formation of rocks were placed on the top of a mountain south of Misty Meadows.
- The nuke has destroyed The Coral Buddies' home, and now it is inhabited by a few cyborg Corals.
- The Ghost House has had many of its belongings ready to be packed up.
- The Flopper Farm has been taken down.
- The spaceship southwest of Apres Ski has gone away.
- A Sapling Groot has appeared in the center of Holly Hedges in between a group of potted plants.
- Several Wolverine slash marks appeared in Weeping Woods.
- Multiple Quinjets fly to different locations around the map, Quinjet Patrol Sites, featuring Stark Robots.
- Motorboat Mayhem has been removed from the map.
- Stark's Temporal Beacons around the map have been activated.
- August 29th: A new piece of land has suddenly appeared onto the island, north of Homely Hills, holding a Trask Transport Truck. Rifts appeared around the landmark.
- August 31st:
- Another piece of land has suddenly appeared on the island, east of Holly Hedges. It is an Ant Manor for an ant called Anton. There is an underground hole in the land with eggs in them. Rifts have also appeared around the landmark.
- Stark's Temporal Beacons have begun to go into the next phase, creating beacons that are all going towards one place in the sky.
- September 1st:
- Another piece of land has appeared, west of Misty Meadows and north of Apres Ski. It features a very large panther statue called Panther's Prowl. Rifts have appeared around the landmark.
- The Stark Rift Beacons has gone into the next phase, the beacons becoming more active.
- Galactus has gotten closer.
- September 3rd: Stark's Rift Beacons have gone into another stage, the beacons now forming a very large circle around the area. A green bubble has begun to form around the area.
- September 6th: Another piece of land has appeared on a mountain, south of Retail Row. It is The Collection, belonging to The Collector, which possesses many different objects from Fortnite's past. Rifts have appeared around the area.
- Stark's Rift Beacons have begun to fully line up into the circle around the northeast area.
Map v14.10 (September 10th)
- A very large piece of land has appeared over Frenzy Farm and The Orchard due to Stark's Rift Beacons, called Upstate New York. The piece of land features Stark Industries (a POI guarded by Stark Robots and the boss, Iron Man) and Heart Lake.
- A smaller piece of land called Heroes Park has crashed north of the Ghost House. It features a large Avengers globe.
- A large building in Camp Cod has suddenly vanished with all of its contents.
- The large crane at Fancy View has fallen down the hill.
- A small GNOM Talk of multiple gnomes has appeared southwest of Apres Ski, featuring a Super Slurp Juice.
- Multiple posters have begun to appear around the map promoting the new Super Slurp Juice.
- The construction at the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued construction, as the crash above the hill is continuing to be cleaned up, a part of the wall has been plastered down the hill.
- The Coral Buddies island has vanished.
- The GHOST Henchman and SHADOW Henchman have appeared together in the Gas N’ Grub.
- Galactus' Gorgers have arrived on the Island.
Map v14.20 (September 23rd)
- A large shopping area has begun construction beside a gas station west of Holly Hedges.
- The construction below the Yellow Steel Bridge has finished with parts of the lower walls.
- The Trask Transport Truck doors have been broken open.
- Wolverine has appeared, and roams around Slurpy Swamp and Weeping Woods.
- The Henchmen have moved to the hotel in Lazy Lake.
- Super Slurp Juice posters around the map have been sprayed over.
- A cyborg gnome has appeared in the basement of the Ghost House, with multiple Super Slurp Barrels, Super Slurp Juice posters and images, three mini-robots, and a map with five points pinned.
- A group of gnomes have appeared behind Lockie's Lighthouse and in Retail Row.
- Multiple groups of gnomes have appeared around the map, in locations with armed Super Slurp Barrels.
- September 26th:
- Many birthday decorations have appeared across the map.
- A battle bus has appeared in the hangar of Stark Industries.
- September 27th:
- October 3rd: All of the birthday decorations have been taken down.
- October 10th: The Battle Bus has now been upgraded to the Stark Industries Battle Bus.
Map v14.30 (October 13th)
- Galactus has gotten closer.
- The shopping area southwest of Holly Hedges has continued construction.
- Some Halloween decorations have begun to be set up around the island, at Sweaty Sands, Holly Hedges, Retail Row, and Salty Springs.
- The construction below the Yellow Steel Bridge has completed the floors.
- Midas' golden chair has been placed back into The Authority.
- The Henchmen from Lazy Lake have moved to the Hydro 16 dam.
- The mini robot army of the cyborg gnome has appeared in multiple locations spraying images of the cyborg gnome.
- The Boost Pad has taken down all of its Rocket League items and has become a regular building again.
- October 10th: The Battle Bus was upgraded using Stark Tech.
- October 18th: A large tennis ball was added to the Ant Manor.
Map v14.40 (October 21st)
- The Authority has been heavily damaged, and turned into The Ruins. Midas has returned there as Shadow Midas.
- The Hey Boo! Megastore near Holly Hedges has been fully completed with Halloween decorations.
- Several small haunted huts have appeared, each named Yaga's Yurt, Hex Haus, Crone's Cabin, Crackling Coven, Hag's Hallow, Cursed Cottage, and Raven's Roost.
- Holly Hedges, Sweaty Sands, Salty Springs, Doom's Domain, Lazy Lake and Retail Row all received Halloween decorations.
- A dark purple fog covers the island at night.
- Pristine Point has turned into a tourist attraction once again.
- The Battle Bus has been decorated for Halloween.
- The Henchmen from Hydro 16 have moved to Sweaty Sands with pumpkin heads.
- The missing building in Camp Cod has reappeared. A new building has appeared holding the Ecto-1 from the film Ghostbusters.
- The cyborg gnome has appeared at Slurpy Swamp in an attempt to mix a substance into the SLURP vat.
- Reboot Vans have been disabled.
- The construction at the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued construction.
Map v14.50 (November 3rd)
- Galactus is close to the island.
- Midas' chair, the candles, and all Henchmen have disappeared from The Ruins.
- The dark fog has cleared.
- Reboot Vans are functional again.
- All Halloween decorations and Witch Huts have been taken down.
- The Hey Boo! Megastore has closed down.
- The Battle Bus has retaken the Stark design.
- More Battle Buses have been upgraded with Stark tech at Stark Industries.
- The construction below the Yellow Steel Bridge has been further plastered and has more chairs and tables.
- The Henchmen from Sweaty Sands have appeared at Craggy Cliffs with Back Blings.
- The hole at Slurpy Swamp has been patched up. A small memorial has been set up near Slurpy Swamp for the cyborg gnome.
- The Gas Station at Sweaty Sands has downgraded to a single-story building.
- November 7th:
- November 15th: Galactus can no longer be seen in the sky.
Map v14.60 (November 18th)
- Several Battle Buses have been fully upgraded at Stark Industries.
- The construction below the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued further with varnish over the stairway to the second floor.
- The Henchmen from Craggy Cliffs have begun camping on the east coast of the island, near Brutus' Basin.
- The gas station at Sweaty Sands has been reverted to its previous two-floor structure.
- November 21st: A countdown timer for the Galactus' arrival has appeared above the Helicarrier 64. It can also be seen in the Battle Pass tab and the Main Lobby.
- The Stark Industries Battle Bus has been upgraded once more. Wings have been added to the bus, and the balloon has been replaced with an thruster.
- November 22nd: Galactus' helmet has slightly risen into view in the distance.
- November 23rd - 29th: Galactus' head slowly begins to rise into view.
- November 30th: Nearly all of Galactus' head and helmet can be seen in the distance.
- December 1st:
- All of Galactus' head and helmet can be seen in the distance.
- Galactus has slowly risen into view, then backhanding the Helicarrier 64 into the ocean after fully risen. Galactus then proceeded to rip the Zero Point from under The Ruins, cracking it open and sucking everything into The In-Between, where players were placed into Battle Buses to fight Galactus' forces of Gorgers. The Battle Buses were consumed by Galactus, which exploded inside him, sending him through a Rift and defeating him. (See The Devourer of Worlds)
- The screen then turned black, followed by a scene saying "To be continued... In Season 5!". A 12 hours countdown started after that on a "Fortnite Season 5" screen, which made the game unplayable for the period of the countdown. (See To Be Continued!)
New Features & Changes
Update v14.00 (August 27th, 2020)
- Launch Pad
- Stink Bomb
- Hunting Rifle
- Rapid Fire SMG
- Submachine Gun
- Decoy Grenade
- Flare Gun
- Tactical Shotgun
- Pistol (Epic & Legendary)
- Jules' Glider Gun
- Jules’ Drum Gun
- The Authority Keycard
- Kit’s Shockwave Launcher
- Kit's Charge Shotgun
- Catty Corner Keycard
- Ocean's Burst Assault Rifle
- Ocean's Bottomless Chug Jug
- The Fortilla Keycard
Update v14.10 (September 10th, 2020)
- Rocket Launcher (Legendary)
Update v14.20 (September 23rd, 2020)
Update v14.30 (October 13th, 2020)
- Rocket Launcher (Legendary)
Update v14.40 (October 21st, 2020)
Update v14.50 (November 3rd, 2020)
Update v14.60 (November 18th, 2020)
Galactus' Arrival (The Devourer of Worlds)
During The Devourer of Worlds, Galactus crashes in the sea and makes his way towards the island. He powers up his hunger and shoves the Helicarrier to the ocean, upon players being rescued by Iron Man, who grants them Stark Industries Jetpacks. During this moment on, Galactus makes his way towards The Ruins and the energy of the Zero Point is given to him, although it is exposed to the entire island, starting to absorb its power. Iron Man sends players to the In-Between, where players use his modified Battle Buses' laser cannons to fight Galactus. Stark explains that if Galactus successfully weakens, he will enter a portal back to his reality. Galactus sends out Gorgers and Gatherers which were easy for the laser cannons to hit, but he still is harnessing the Zero Point. After one moment, everyone heads into the depths of space.
Once Galactus threatens to punch the Battle Bus, Thor arrives and wields Mjolnir in front of the bus. Iron Man takes the Battle Buses up Galactus' arm, where more Gorgers and Gatherers are sent. The song "Demon Fire" by AC/DC plays during this scene. Once in Galactus' shoulder, Wolverine crashes in the front of the bus and disarms all of the drones with his Adamantium Claws, just before Galactus is taking the bait to consume all of the Battle Buses. Iron Man evacuates players off their buses, while Thor, She-Hulk, Groot, and Storm join him. The Marvel heroes also head into Galactus' mouth alongside the Battle Buses.
With Gamma energy powered from the buses, Galactus weakens and pukes himself to death, and enters the said rift back to his reality. Iron Man congratulates everyone for their successful efforts before the screen fades to black.
After this moment on, players are treated to a cutscene where we return to the office seen in The Device being in an emergency lockdown state. A phone call rings, and Agent John Jones wakes up from what seemed to be a nightmare. Instead of accessing the rest of the cutscene, players see a message in space reading "To be Continued... In Season 5!", entering a prep state for the next season.
- This season was not available to iOS players (See FreeFortnite).
- Android players were able to play this season; however, they were required to download Fortnite directly from Epic Games in order to play.
- This meant that Chapter 2: Season 4 was the first season of Fortnite that was not available on every platform.
- The Chapter 2: Season 4 Battle Pass was the first Battle Pass to not include any universal emotes, as they are replaced by Built-In Emotes for each of the Battle Pass Outfits.
- It was also the first Battle Pass to not have an outfit as the level/tier 100 unlock, with the challenges for Tony Stark's "Suit Up" Built-In Emote being unlocked instead.
🔨⚡🌈… The Herald has found the Island. His warning is dire. Will they hear? THEY cannot defeat HIM without working together. He threatens the fate of all Reality. The War to save Reality begins tomorrow!
- Teaser 1: Thor is teased.
- Teaser 2: The first and second pages of the comic book is teased with Thor as the Herald of Thunder.
- Teaser 3: The third and fourth pages of the comic book is teases with Thor on Apollo with Jonesy and Raven.
- Teaser 4: The fifth and sixth pages of the comic book is teased which shows Thor fighting the Fortnite characters.
- Teaser 5: The seventh and eight pages of the comic book are teased which shows Galactus heading to the island to consume The Zero Point.
- Teaser 6: The nineth and tenth pages of the comic book are teased which shows more heroes arriving on the Island to fight Galactus.
The Teasers combined say "NEXUS", which is a reference to The Zero Point.