Chapter 2: Season 4, also known as Season 14 in the game files, with the title "Nexus War", is the fourteenth season of Fortnite: Battle Royale, which started on August 27th, 2020, and will end on December 1st, 2020. (previous ending date was November 30, 2020.) The theme revolves around Marvel: Nexus War
This Season is not available for IOS players.
Previously, in Fortnite...
Far away, Thor is crowned the king of Asgard. 2 weeks later, Galactus warns Thor of the incoming threat called Black Winter, the death of all things. In order to stop the Black Winter from destroying Asgard and the universe, Thor becomes the Herald of Thunder and helps Galactus find 5 special planets to consume in order to stop the Black Winter. Galactus finds the rift above Catty Corner and the power of the Zero Point attracts him to it, so Thor enters the rift to warn it's inhabitants of the danger and to prepare to fight Galactus. Upon entering the island, he is confronted by Brite Bomber, Kit, Jonesy, Lynx, Peely, and Raven which Thor tries to talk to, in vain. The island slowly saps away part of Thor's memory, but upon seeing Galactus arriving in the distance he is reminded of his mission. He then sends his ravens to find help in his dimension, and in turn, the goddess also known as Lady Sif sends Storm, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, She-Hulk, Mystique, Dr. Victor Von Doom, and Groot as well as the Helicarrier to appear via the Bifrost.
If you read the Marvel Comics, you should know that: "While Galactus marked Thor Odin's son as his newest Herald and began consuming five special planets that would theoretically give him the power to oppose it, the Black Winter attacked an alternate universe and was confronted by its league of heroes. Upon looking in its eyes, the league saw the face of the one who was destined to kill them, and called out to their gods for help before being killed. The Black Winter then extinguished that universe, assuming the form of the cosmic hand that had originally created it. Returning to the Prime Marvel Universe, the Black Winter easily subdued Galactus and Thor." (From Marvel Database Black Winter)
How did it start?
The introduction to this season begins with Iron Man flying from missiles when suddenly the Bifrost takes him away. Then, we see She-Hulk holding a dumpster in front of two men firing, when she is taken by the Bifrost too. Next, Wolverine runs in a forest, and to his annoyance is too taken by the Bifrost. Finally, we see Thor wielding Mjolnir and bringing all 3 characters to the Battle Royale map, alongside Groot, Mystique, Storm and Doctor Doom. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Helicarrier can be seen behind them.
The Fortnite characters and the summoned heroes were preparing to fight but Thor begs them to stop and points to Galactus in the sky who is fast approaching the island.
|Scales of Justice
|Groot's Sap Axes
|Mighty Marvel 'Brella|
- The map was invaded by heroes and villains who arrived to participate in The Nexus War.
- Spawn Island replaced with a large Helicarrier.
- New Locations
- Doom's Domain, replacing Pleasant Park
- Sentinel Graveyard, west of Lazy Lake
- Quinjet Patrol Sites, random each game
- Ant Manor, east of Holly Hedges
- Panther's Prowl, between Hydro 16 and Misty Meadows
- The Collection, high in the mountains near Retail Row.
- Stark Industries, replacing Frenzy Farm
- Bifrost Marks
- Thor's Mjolnir pit
- Trask Transportation Truck
- Heart Lake
- The Ruins, replacing The Authority
- Removed Locations
- Locations with Changes
New Features & Changes
- New Items
- Stark Industries Energy Rifle (Rare, Epic and Legendary)
- Pro Fishing Rod
- Fire Trap
- Doctor Doom's Arcane Gauntlets, earned upon eliminating Doctor Doom
- Doctor Doom's Mystical Bomb, earned upon eliminating Doctor Doom
- Iron Man's Repulsor Gauntlets, earned upon eliminating Iron Man.
- Wolverine's Claws, earned upon eliminating Wolverine.
- Iron Man's Unibeam, earned upon eliminating Iron Man.
- Thor's Mjolnir Strike, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Groot's Bramble Shield, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Silver Surfer's Board, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Black Panthers Kinetic Shield, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Storm's Whirlwind Blast, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- She-Hulk's Fists, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Venom's Smash & Grab, earned from breaking a Stark Supply Drone.
- Stark Industries Jetpack
Galactus' Arrival (The Devourer of Worlds)
Not much is known other than the fact that The Blackout's coding (RockyRidge) was added into the files along with Zero Point-similar sounds.
- As of now, this season will not be available to iOS players (See FreeFortnite)
- Android players can still play this season, however they are required to download directly from Epic Games in order to play.
- This means that Chapter 2: Season 4 is the first season of Fortnite that is not available on every platform.
- The Chapter 2: Season 4 Battle Pass is the first Battle Pass to not include any universal emotes, as they are replaced by Built-In Emotes for each of the Battle Pass Outfits.
- It is also the first Battle Pass to not have an outfit as the level/tier 100 unlock, with the challenges for Tony Stark's "Suit Up" Built-In Emote being unlocked instead.
- Teaser 1: Thor is teased.
- Teaser 2: The first and second pages of the comic book is teased with Thor as the Herald of Thunder.
- Teaser 2: The third and fourth pages of the comic book is teases with Thor on Apollo with Jonesy and Raven.
- Teaser 3: The fifth and sixth pages of the comic book is teased which shows Thor fighting the Fortnite Characters.
- Teaser 5: The seventh and eight pages of the comic book are teased which shows Galactus heading to the Island to consume The Zero Point.
The Teasers combined say "NEXUS", which is a reference to The Zero Point.