For the article on the Chapter 1 Season, please see Season 6
Chapter 2: Season 6, also known as Season 16, is the sixteenth season of Fortnite: Battle Royale that started on March 16th, 2021 and ended on June 8th, 2021.
Its title and slogan is "Primal" and the theme revolves around Wildlife as the the island turns wild and plunges into a primal age changing 70% of the loot pool into primal weapons.
- 1 Previously, In Fortnite...
- 2 How Did It Start?
- 3 Battle Pass
- 4 Rewards
- 5 Quests
- 6 Map Changes
- 7 New Features & Changes
- 7.1 Update v16.00 (March 16th, 2021)
- 7.2 Update v16.10 (March 30th, 2021)
- 7.3 Content Update v16.10 (April 7th, 2021)
- 7.4 Update v16.20 (April 13th, 2021)
- 7.5 Content Update v16.20 (April 20th, 2021)
- 7.6 Update v16.30 (April 27th, 2021)
- 7.7 Content Update v16.30 (May 3rd, 2021)
- 7.8 Update v16.40 (May 11th, 2021)
- 7.9 Content Update v16.40 (May 20th, 2021)
- 7.10 Update v16.50 (May 25th, 2021)
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Teasers/Leadup
Previously, In Fortnite...
The Imagined Order was in a state of panic due to The Zero Point being exposed. In a desperate act, John Jones was sent by a figure of authority (who we now know as Doctor Slone) to stabilize the Zero Point and stop anyone escaping The Loop. He decided to seek for the best hunters from all realities to help him in his quest.
Rushing away, Jones did not hear an important piece of information - "do not draw the attention of The Seven".
Throughout Chapter 2: Season 5 Jones jumped into other realities with a Portal Device, bringing his desired hunters. However, each reality jump caused The Zero Point to destabilize (Just like in Season 9), to the point at which Characters near it took notice.
How Did It Start?
Seeing the Zero Point about to implode and holding on to the Battle Bus, he heads to fix the problem. However, his boss, Doctor Slone, objects and orders him to leave the loop and return to his office.
A sudden shock wave sent by the Zero Point causes his Portal Device to fall, so Jones quickly leaves the bus to save it. Grabbing it, he falls to the ground himself but into a bush so survives. He crushes his communication device, and thus leaves the Imagined Order.
He heads towards the Zero Point, but is slowed down by Hunters fighting:
- A Xenomorph tries to attack him, but he is quickly saved by Sarah Connor, while being attacked by clones of the T-800. These are killed by Ellen Ripley.
- Mancake also tries to attack Jones, but Kratos stops him and they both fight. Doggo and Meowscles are caught by Chun-Li and Predator.
- Then, Jones spots Peely with joy, but Ryu suddenly eliminates him, covering Jones in his remains. TNTina sends Bombs Away! to stop Jones, but he survives with a well-timed jump.
- He then runs by Master Chief and Triggerfish fighting together. This Triggerfish could very well be the Fishstick who freed him from the freezer in Master Chief's trailer.
- Lara Croft can also be spotted shooting at an unknown target.
- He throws his Portal Device at the Zero Point, which causes a meteor to materialize nearby and crash down. The Foundation, the leader of The Seven walks out of his capsule and attacks Jones and almost kills him, but Jones makes a deal with him. If he helped fix the Zero Point, Jones would get The Foundation to Genō and The Sisters (Currently unknown what/who they are).
This leads on to the solo-experience event, the Zero Crisis Finale.
Zero Crisis Finale
- Main article: Zero Crisis Finale
During this event the player has to close portals (which appeared shortly after the start), guided by Agent Jones. After all the portals had been closed, it was still not enough for The Foundation to fix the Zero Point so he decided to seal it off while he was still inside. This way the blast would be contained.
Also throughout the event came Reality Waves, which changed the surroundings and player's appearance. This gave a chance to showcase the new Battle Pass Outfits, and was the cause of the new Primal/autumnal biome.
The Battle Pass could only be purchased for 950 V-Bucks. The Battle Bundle was replaced by a 25-Tier Bundle for 1,850 V-Bucks for those below or at Battle Pass Level 75. Adding the prices gives you the same price as the Battle Bundle. The Battle Pass could be obtained for free by being in the Fortnite Crew. If you already purchased it with V-Bucks, you would get 950 V-Bucks back.
|They Call Me...
|Jones' Field Pack
|Evasive Maneuvers |
|Jones' Field Pack
|Crystal Axe of the Masters
|Jones' Field Pack
|Wing of the hill|
|Jones' Field Pack
|Boots 'n' Cats|
|Power of Azarath
|Jones' Field Pack|
|Azarath Metrion Zinthos!
|Countdown To Zero
|Both Eyes Open
|Spelunker's Special |
|Daughter of Trigon
|The Spire's Shadow
Epic Quest Rewards
6 Epic Quests
12 Epic Quests
18 Epic Quests
24 Epic Quests
|Lara Croft (Classic)
31 Epic Quests
38 Epic Quests
65 Epic Quests
70 Epic Quests
Neymar Jr Quest Rewards
|Soccer Ball||Neymar Jr Banner Icon||Matador||Neymar Jr||Joia Trophy||Jaguar Strike|
Neymar Jr Epic Quest Rewards
45 Epic Quests
49 Epic Quests
|Hang Loose Celebration
52 Epic Quests
56 Epic Quests
60 Epic Quests
Spire Assassin (Chromium)
Spire Assassin (Runic)
Spire Assassin (Golden)
Victory Royale Rewards
The Zero Point was contained but released a pulse across the Island that erased all technology on it's path, creating the primal Autumn biome.
Map Changes in v16.00
- Removed Locations: Colossal Coliseum, Salty Towers, Kit's Cantina, Butter Barn, Hunter's Haven, Surface Hub IO-D1, Surface Hub IO-E6, Surface Hub IO-F4, Sheriff's Office, Outpost Delta Kringle.
- During the Zero Crisis Finale event, in order to contain the Zero Point, The Foundation created a tower in the shape of a spiral staircase and sealed the Zero Point in it. A village was built around it and the tower is now referred to as The Spire.
- Salty Towers was devastated by the pulse, a village was built on it's remains and the place is now named Boney Burbs.
- The Colossal Coliseum was destroyed by the pulse, and a farm was made on it's remains, this location is now named Colossal Crops.
- Hunter's Haven was removed and replaced by a landmark called Primal Pond.
- 6 Spire like towers were created in certain parts of the Island, Guardian of the Bay near Sweaty Sands, Guardian of the Lake north of Misty Meadows, Guardian of the Fields east of The Orchard, Guardian of the Woods in Weeping Woods, Guardian of the Mountains north of Retail Row, Guardian of the Sea northeast of Pleasant Park.
- Dusted Depot was heavily damaged by the pulse, there are trees growing over it now.
- The Pizza Pit has been repaired, the Tomato head stopped spinning.
- Grumpy Greens was turned into stone, it's now called Grumpy Gravel.
- Grass has grown over the Razor Crest's crash site and the dried river.
- There's a new house near Fort Crumpet, Raven spawns in there.
- There's a half opened vault next to the **REDACTED** bunker.
- There are eggs and bones scattered throughout multiple areas in the map.
- Deadfire moved into the outskirts of Lazy Lake, he set up a campsite and started re-building his Sheriff Office.
- All the golden furniture was removed from the basement of a house in Lazy Lake, but there's a hidden room with furniture and a empty cabinet in the middle.
- A studio was made on the basement of FN Radio, this is due to Stage Slayer spawning in there.
- March 23rd: The eggs around the map started to crack.
- March 29th: The eggs are even more cracked.
Map Changes in v16.10
- Deadfire has partially rebuilt his office, the Sheriff's Office landmark has returned.
- Eggs are hatched and Raptors now roam around the island.
- A barricade was set up in Pleasant Park, the windows on the white house and on the Gas Station were blocked. A telescope was put in the barricade pointed towards the Guardian of the Sea tower.
- The windows on the white house in Retail Row were blocked.
- April 1st: Barricades were set up in Misty Meadows, the windows on a cafe were blocked, and the windows on a store were covered using boats. A telescope was set up in one of the barricades pointed towards the Guardian of the Lake tower.
- April 3rd: Barricades were set up in Sweaty Sands, the windows in houses were blocked. A telescope was put in a barricade pointing towards the Guardian of the Bay tower
- April 5th: Barricades have been set up in Retail Row.
Map Changes in v16.20
- New Landmark: Chonker's Customs
- The Sheriff Office has finished construction.
- A gnome was sent to jail in the Sheriff Office.
- The gas stations at Pleasant Park and Sweaty Sands have been upgraded.
- Garages have appeared besides all the gas stations in the Island.
- A three rock formation has appeared south of Flushed Building
Map Changes in v16.30
- A Bat Shack was added outside of Slurpy Swamp
- Football pitches were added in Holly Hedges and Dirty Docks.
- The three rock formation has taken the form of a small island south of Flushed Building, with smoke and fire particles coming from the ground.
- More gnomes were sent to jail at the Sheriff's Office.
Map Changes in v16.40
- The small island has finished formation, grass has grown over it and castle ruins have appeared over it. It's a landmark called Isla Nublada. Orelia spawns there as a Character
- More gnomes were sent to jail at the Sheriff's Office.
Map Changes in v16.50
- Alien posters have appeared around the island
- There is a crashed IO helicopter near Hydro 16
- A radio has appeared by FN Radio
- A TV has appeared south of Fort Crumpet
- UFO's would abduct players at Risky Reels, The Spire, Retail Row and Pleasant Park and rarely at the Viking Vessel.
New Features & Changes
Update v16.00 (March 16th, 2021)
- Crafting is introduced in Fortnite: Battle Royale and brings new craftable Weapons.
- Primal Bow (Rare)
- Primal Stink Bow (Epic and Legendary)
- Primal Flame Bow (Epic and Legendary)
- Mechanical Bow (Rare)
- Mechanical Explosive Bow (Epic and Legendary)
- Mechanical Shockwave Bow (Epic and Legendary)
- Makeshift Bow (Uncommon)
- Primal SMG (Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary)
- Makeshift Submachine Gun (Common, Uncommon and Rare)
- Primal Shotgun (Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary and Mythic)
- Makeshift Shotgun (Common, Uncommon and Rare)
- Primal Rifle (Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary)
- Makeshift Rifle (Common, Uncommon and Rare)
- Primal Pistol (Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary)
- Makeshift Revolver (Common, Uncommon and Rare)
- Stink Floppers (Uncommon)
- Cuddle Fish (Rare)
- Spire Jump Boots (Mythic)
- Hunter's Cloak (Uncommon)
- Dragon's Breath Shotgun
- Charge Shotgun
- Lever Action Shotgun
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Assault Rifle (Common)
- Lever Action Rifle
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
- Submachine Gun (Common)
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Zero Point Fish
- Thermal Fish
- Boom Sniper Rifle
- Night Hawk
- Storm Scout
- Dragon's Breath Sniper Rifle
- The Big Chill
- Burst Quad Launcher
- Zero Point Crystals
- Chug Splash
Update v16.10 (March 30th, 2021)
Content Update v16.10 (April 7th, 2021)
- Recycler (Rare, Epic and Legendary)
Update v16.20 (April 13th, 2021)
Content Update v16.20 (April 20th, 2021)
- Grappler Bow (Exotic)
Update v16.30 (April 27th, 2021)
Content Update v16.30 (May 3rd, 2021)
- Unvaulted (May 6th, 2021)
Update v16.40 (May 11th, 2021)
- Vaulted (May 13th, 2021)
Content Update v16.40 (May 20th, 2021)
Update v16.50 (May 25th, 2021)
- Agent Jones tries to contact you by radio when you go near a Primal biome or a Guardian Outpost in a car. He says "I'm still out here"
- Chapter 2: Season 6 is the first season to not include an Epic emote as a reward on the Battle Pass.
Teasers for Chapter 2: Season 6 was released on March 13, 2021, during the FNCS: Chapter 2: Season 5 grand finals. The teasers tell us John Jones is angry with the Imagined Order for not helping him with the unstable Zero Point, and decides he's not going to persue the Order anymore (Although dedicating his whole life to it).
After this, the Imagined Order revokes Jones' credentials as he tries to retrieve all files about The Seven. He decides to take them for himself.