The Choppa is an air vehicle. It can move upwards and downwards vertically and move in any horizontal direction at a constant speed.
The Choppa also has a boost functionality, which provides a small burst of horizontal speed in any direction. Using this boost, the driver can ram through structures, dealing minimal damage to the vehicle.
It seats 5 players, with one driver, and four standing on platforms mounted to the landing skids. It has 1500 health and no weaponry, although the other players can use weaponry, aside from Superpowers.
The Choppa also has a loudspeaker function, which when turned on plays Ride of the Valkyries, a classical piece composed by Richard Vagner.
On destruction, the Choppa will deal 70 Damage to players, and 450 damage to structures with its explosion.
|Damage (Rotor): 50|
The Choppa's primary function is to provide fast travel between locations, for multiple friendly players. However, the Choppa is very vulnerable, mainly due to its size, and location in which the player must fly it. Due to these vulnerabilities, it is important to fly close to tall hills and buildings, to provide cover if an enemy is attacking you.
If you are caught in the storm, the Choppa is very useful for escaping, due to its speed, and also the fact passengers are able to heal whilst being in the vehicle.
If you are in a dire situation, the Choppa can also being used for ramming into builds, dealing contact damage to enemy players, or purposely destroying the Choppa to cause a damaging explosion.
Try not to fly too high in the Choppa, as if an enemy does shoot you down, you will either instantly die due to the explosion, or you will have to bail out and die from fall damage. This can be countered with Crash Pads.
If another player is using a Choppa, it is not the best idea to simply fire at it when you see it. Not only will you deal very little damage in comparison to the vehicles total health, but you are likely to alert the driver to your location, in which the enemy player will likely have a mobility advantage, and be able to gain significant high ground. The Choppa takes 2.25x damage if the tail rotor is shot, and the driver can be shot through the glass as the front of the vehicle.
However, if the enemy player is attempting to ram and deal contact damage, or you are in a position where a Choppa is near to you or low health, fire upon the helicopter. In this situation you are either likely to hurt the enemy by destroying the Choppa, or you can shoot through the windshield to damage them directly.
A Boogie Bomb can eject players from the Choppa.
- Update v12.20: Introduced the Choppa.
- Update v14.40: Vaulted the Choppa for the duration of Fortnitemares 2020.
- Update v14.50: Unvaulted the Choppa.
- Update v15.00: Vaulted the Choppa.
- The Choppa was previously added to Creative Mode in Update v16.30.
- Upon the introduction of Cars, the Choppa, alongside the Motorboat, briefly had the ability to access the radio. This functionality was later removed.
- It was briefly vaulted due to the introduction of Fortnitemares and the Shadow feature. Due to lack of ranged attacks and potentially abuse from possession of a Choppa by a Shadow, they were removed from the mode.
- The feature to play the song 'Ride of the Valkyries' is a reference to the movie Apocalypse Now (1979).
- It is supposedly leaked to come back in an LTM later this season as of Chapter 2: Season 6
- It can now be used in Creative Mode, selecting vehicles.