Fully automatic. Difficult to master but exceptionally strong.
- — In-Game Description
The Combat Assault Rifle behaves similar to other weapons in its class, however it has a much tighter weapon spread, but has a significant kick to the weapon. This means players can be accurate at long ranges, but must control the weapon's recoil to be effective with it.
Combat Assault Rifles range from dealing 19 to 23 damage per shot (171 - 207 damage per second). All Combat Assault Rifles use Medium Bullets. The Combat Assault Rifle has a headshot multiplier of 1.5x.
|Combat Assault Rifle||Combat Assault Rifle||Combat Assault Rifle|
|DPS: 171||DPS: 180||DPS: 189|
|Damage: 19||Damage: 20||Damage: 21|
|Fire-Rate: 9||Fire-Rate: 9||Fire-Rate: 9|
|Magazine Size: 35||Magazine Size: 35||Magazine Size: 35|
|Reload Time: 3.4s||Reload Time: 3.3s||Reload Time: 3.1s|
|Combat Assault Rifle||Combat Assault Rifle|
|DPS: 198||DPS: 207|
|Damage: 22||Damage: 23|
|Fire-Rate: 9||Fire-Rate: 9|
|Magazine Size: 35||Magazine Size: 35|
|Reload Time: 2.9s||Reload Time: 2.8s|
The Combat Assault Rifle is a hitscan weapon, with First Shot Accuracy enabled.
- Damage falloff begins at 50 meters (10 tiles).
- Damage decreases down to 90% of its maximum at 75 meters (15 tiles).
- Damage reaches its minimum value of 86% of its maximum at 92.5 meters (18.5 tiles).
From when the item was last obtainable in Chapter 3: Season 3:
- Firing in controlled bursts allows you to use the weapon while controlling the recoil.
- The Combat Assault Rifle can also be used as a substitute for an SMG since it has a Fire Rate of 9.
- Pulling the aim stick on controller down while firing can help compensate for the recoil
- To counter the recoil on Keyboard and Mouse, move your mouse downwards while shooting.
- Update v18.20: Introduced the Combat Assault Rifle, as a vote for Donation Stations.
- Update v18.40: Added to Creative Mode.
- Update v19.00: Vaulted the Combat Assault Rifle in all rarities.
- Update v20.00: Reintroduced the Combat Assault Rifle, as a vote for Donation Stations.
- Reduced the amount of kick and recoil on the weapon.
- Content Update v20.00: From Saturday, April 2, at 4 AM ET to Monday, April 4, 2022, at 11:59 PM ET, the Combat Assault Rifle will be unvaulted to promote voting for vaulted items to return.
- March 30th, 2022: Reduced damage to players by 1, reduced the damage to structures by 1.
- April 5th, 2022: Vaulted the Combat Assault Rifle as voting begins.
- Update v20.10: The Combat Assault Rifle lost to the MK-Seven Assault Rifle, keeping it vaulted.
- Content Update v21.20: Unvaulted the Combat Assault Rifle in all rarities.
- It is not present in Competitive Modes.
- This weapon appeared in the Chapter 2: Season 8 Story Trailer.
- The Combat Assault Rifle was added to the files in Update v18.10, but did not become accessible until v18.20.
- This Weapon is also called the 'Branch AR' by Epic Games (See Update v18.40 Patch Notes).
- During C2 S8, Combining an Assault Rifle with 1 Nuts 'n' Bolts created a Suppressed Assault Rifle (Rare and above only).