- — In-Game Description
The Combat Shotgun works in a similar way to other shotguns, except it is designed for slightly longer ranged combat than something like the Pump Shotgun. The Combat shotgun has a small hipfire and aim down sight spread, longer range and a large magazine size. As such, the Combat Shotgun excels at short to mid range combat, as its tight spread can allow for targets to be damaged at ranges longer than standard shotguns. Unlike other shotguns, the combat shotgun is relatively weak at close ranges, as firing it up close will deal the same damage as it does at medium ranges. As such it is best used as a short to mid range weapon, like some Submachine Guns.
|Combat Shotgun||Combat Shotgun|
|DPS: 96.9||DPS: 102|
|Damage: 57||Damage: 60|
|Fire Rate: 1.7s||Fire Rate: 1.7s|
|Magazine Size: 8||Magazine Size: 8|
|Reload Time: 5.3s||Reload Time: 5s|
|Structure Damage: 44||Structure Damage: 45|
|Fire Rate: 1.7s|
|Magazine Size: 8|
|Reload Time: 4.7s|
|Structure Damage: 47|
The Combat Shotgun is a hitscan weapon, but fires a spread of 10 pellets when both aiming down sights and hipfiring. Aiming down sights tightens the spread of pellets.
|Pullout||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Shooting||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Reload||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Pickup||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Drop||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
From when the weapon was last available in Chapter 2: Season 4
|Stark Chest||Doom Chest|
- The Combat Shotgun has a fast firing rate, large magazine size and a tight bullet spread, which makes it rather difficult for beginners to use at close range. It is, however, useful at medium ranges because of the tight bullet spread.
- When facing off against another opponent with a different shotgun, you have to keep your distance, unless you have excellent accuracy, the other shotguns are better at close ranges.
- Generally, because it is a shotgun with a very long range, it makes a great backup for when one does not have a Assault Rifle, as despite the relatively slow fire rate of 1.7 and small ammunition clip size of 8 rounds, because it is a shotgun one has a greater likelihood of multiple pellets hitting and dealing roughly 10-20 damage per shot.
- Do not worry about using this shotgun from a long range distance. This shotgun will still deal damage to opponents.
- Update v9.00: Added Combat Shotgun.
- Update v9.10: Availability in chest and floor loot reduced
- Update v9.30: Reduced the long-range effectiveness
- Update v9.40: Adjusted the Combat Shotgun:
- Reduced Headshot Multiplier from 1.7 to 1.5
- Reduced the long-range effectiveness
- Update v10.20.2: Vaulted the Combat Shotgun
- Update v14.00: Unvaulted the Combat Shotgun
- Fire rate decreased.
- Magazine Size decreased.
- Damage decreased.
- Update v14.30: Buffed Damage and Range.
- Update v15.00: Vaulted the Combat Shotgun.
- The Combat Shotgun was introduced alongside the Tactical Assault Rifle as a collaboration between Fortnite and John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum
- The Combat Shotgun appears to be based off a modified Italian Benelli M2, specifically the one that appears in the aforementioned John Wick film.
- The weapon has an unusable shell slotted into the side of the weapon.
- The damage was exclusively increased for the Shockwave (LTM) in Chapter 2, Season 5.