There are a variety of cosmetic items for use in Fortnite. These came from various sources, including, but not limited to Battle Pass seasons, a Twitch Prime Membership, buying a starter pack, and the item shop.
Cosmetic items fall into the following categories: Back Bling, Emoticons, Emotes, Gliders, Loading Screens, Outfits, Harvesting Tools (Harvesting tools), Skydiving Trails (Contrails), Sprays, Toys, Umbrellas, and Music. Some outfits are also tied to heroes in Fortnite: Save the World. Cosmetic items are not always available.From Season 10/X onward, cosmetics are available for Save The World players, but Emotes, Loading Screens, Music and Pickaxes are available currently, with Wraps planned.
Types of Cosmetics
- Selectable Styles - has several styles that can be chosen from that changes the look of the cosmetic (e.i.g Black Widow Outfit)
- Unlockable Styles - has styles Such as Selectable, however, they must be earned somehow by reaching certain tiers in a Battle Pass, gaining XP, completing Challenges, etc. (e.i.g Crazy Eight Glider.
- Progressive (outfits only) - Outfits that have Unlockable Styles (called “Stages”), adding something new to it, but requiring the user to complete challenges with the Outfit before the style can be “unlocked.” (e.i.g Drift Outfit)
- Reactive - Changes/modified when you are doing something in—game, such as opening chests or dealing damage to opponents. (e.i.g Shackled Stone Back Bling)
- Animated - Always changing and moving, making it unique. (e.i.g Mecha Jolly Wrap)
- Traversal (emotes only) - Allows you to walk around while doing the emote. (e.i.g Conga Emote)
- Two-Player (emotes only) - Emotes that can be done with two players. (e.i.g High Five Emote)
- Built-in (emotes only) - Emotes that can only be used for one Outfit. (e.i.g Xylo-bone Emote)
- Dual-Wield (Harvesting Tools only) - Harvesting Tools that use two hands (e.i.g Shortbread Slicers Harvesting Tool)