Covert Cavern was a Named Location in Fortnite: Battle Royale that was added in Update v19.20, midway during Chapter 3: Season 1. It was located in the northeast of Camp Cuddle and inside Pinnacle Peak.
Covert Cavern was the headquarters of the Imagined Order in Artemis guarded by Gunnar and six IO Guards. Inside of it, there were 2 main buildings, a cargo dock, 3 IO Outposts, and 7 entrances to the interior.
- Update v19.20: Covert Cavern has been added to Artemis.
- Update v19.30
- February 16th, 2022: Earthquakes start occuring within the cave system.
- February 18th, 2022: Earthquakes start occuring near the mountain
- February 19th, 2022: An earthquake occurs on the road near Covert Cavern.
Surviving Covert Cavern could be difficult because there are many times when the player is exposed to fire, a large number of opponents, boss, and IO Guards, but certainly rewarding with loot, a Gunnar's Stinger SMG, and a Vault
At the southern entrance to the cave, you could find a Slurp Truck that brings 100HP, this was one of the two Slurp Trucks in Artemis.
- Covert Cavern's codename is "Athena.Location.POI.CrazyCave".
- Covert Cavern is the first POI in Chapter 3 and the first one after 5 seasons that has a Boss with a Keycard for a Vault.
- Covert Cavern had resemblance to The Grotto, a former location in Apollo; both are inside a rock formation, both are in the water, and they both have similar ways of entrances. Despite these resemblance Covert Cavern is bigger than the Grotto and has the triple of the Grotto loot as chests and floor. Covert Cavern's Vault also has the double of loot of a regular vault like the Grotto.
- After the Grotto was flooded, due to it being a fan-favorite POI, many fans requested for its return, so it was given to the fans in Chapter 3 through Covert Cavern.
- Covert Cavern was the POI with the most loot that has ever been on the island.
- Before The End, Covert Cavern and Brutus' Basin were on the same location on the Map, but Covert Cavern was technically upside down since the island hadn't flipped yet.
- If you dived through the top entrance in a vehicle and hit the water, the impact would immediately eliminate you and your passengers, with the Reboot Cards getting stuck at the bottom of the reservoir.