The Crossbow is a projectile based weapon and fires a fast moving bolt, which is affected by gravity. The weapon slow to fire, makes very little noise when shot, and has a projectile that whilst fast, is slower than the bullet from other Sniper Rifles. The weapon is fitted with a scope, and has no falloff damage. Like other Sniper Rifles, it is ineffective at close range, due to its poor hipfire spread, and slow firing speed.
Crossbows lack the functionality to be upgraded or sidegraded at Upgrade Benches. Nor can they be upgraded by interacting with characters for bars. This is because they have not returned outside of Epic rarity.
Crossbows range from dealing 65 to 68 damage (58.5 - 61.2 Damage per second). No Crossbows use an ammo pickup, but still need to be reloaded. The Crossbow has a headshot multiplier of 2.0x.
|DPS: 58.5||DPS: 61.2|
|Damage: 65||Damage: 68|
|Fire Rate: 0.9||Fire Rate: 0.9|
|Magazine Size: 5||Magazine Size: 5|
|Reload Time: 2.6s||Reload Time: 2.5s|
- Do not use the Crossbow to attack builds. For balance reasons, the Crossbow does 1 damage to structures, and so is incredibly weak at taking them down.
- Update v2.42: Introduced into the game, with a Valentine's themed texture, and named 'Cupid's Crossbow'
- Update v3.00: Icon and texture changed to the default one, and the name changed to 'Crossbow'
- Update v7.40: Crossbow has been unvaulted for the Valentine's Day 2019 Event, in Epic rarity only.
- Update v7.40 Content Update:Crossbow has been Vaulted again.
- Update v15.30: Crossbow has been unvaulted for the Valentine's Day 2021 Event, in Epic rarity only.
- Stats updated for Rare rarity: -10 Damage, -0.3 Fire Rate (Still Vaulted).
- Stats updated for Epic rarity: -11 Damage, -0.3 Fire Rate.
- Update v15.40: Crossbow has been Vaulted again.
- The Crossbow is the only weapon introduced with a Holiday themed skin. Other weapons such as the Pumpkin Launcher were modified based on existing weaponry.
- Many players often confuse the Crossbow with the similarly named Fiend Hunter Crossbow, although they are two different weapons. The key difference between them is that the Crossbow has a scope, whereas the Fiend Hunter Crossbow does not.
- A mistake for the 50v50 loot pool meant that the Crossbow was accidentally unvaulted for a brief period of time, in which it was shortly re-vaulted.