- The crossbow was removed from the game ("vaulted") on May 1st, 2018. It was recently added back as part of the Fortnitemares LTMs.
- It spawned in Rare and Epic variants, and dealt moderate damage.
- The Crossbow had a sniper-like scope, and was almost completely silent.
- The Crossbow had 5 rounds per magazine, with infinite ammunition.
- The crossbow had a very slow bullet velocity.
The Fortnitemares version of the Crossbow, or the Fiend Hunter Crossbow, was added during the Fortnitemares event during October 2018.
- It held 7 shots, but had infinite ammo.
- It did 40 damage to players, and almost no damage to structures.
- The Fiend Hunter Crossbow did 4 times the normal damage (160) to any zombies.
- Only spawning in epic rarity, The Fiend Hunter Crossbow had multiple exclusive Fortnitemares challenges.
- It had no scope but instead zoomed in like a Hunting Rifle.
- During the Fortnite Valentine's event, the crossbow was given a love-themed reskin and nicknamed "Cupid's Crossbow" by many players.