- — In-Game Description
The Dragon's Breath Shotgun is a single shot weapon, which consumes all four rounds of its magazine. It is short ranged, with a large hipfire spread. Players who are struck by this weapon, will be inflicted with fire dealing an extra 10 damage per second until they stop burning. Objects and structures can also be set on fire due to the piercing shells of the Dragon's breath.
|Dragon's Breath Shotgun||Dragon's Breath Shotgun|
|DPS: 152||DPS: 160|
|Damage: 152||Damage: 160|
|Fire Rate: 1.0||Fire Rate: 1.0|
|Magazine Size: 4||Magazine Size: 4|
|Reload Time: 4.3||Reload Time: 4.1|
|Structure Damage: 64||Structure Damage: 67|
The Dragon's Breath Shotgun is a hitscan weapon, but fires a spread of 10 pellets when both aiming down sights and hipfiring. Aiming down sights tightens the spread of pellets.
|Pullout||Epic and Legendary|
|Shooting||Epic and Legendary|
|Drop||Epic and Legendary|
|Pickup||Epic and Legendary|
|Reload||Epic and Legendary|
From when the weapon was last available in Chapter 2: Season 5
- As the Dragon's Breath Shotgun deals HP damage with the fire it produces, it can be useful when attacking enemies in the storm, as the storm will contribute to lowering the enemy's HP, and also ignore Shields.
- If you do not kill an enemy with the gun, you can use another close range weapon such as an SMG to quickly kill your enemy. Try not to pair it with another shotgun, as there is a delay between switching with another shotgun.
- If you headshot someone with the shotgun, you can deal 200 damage to them. Try breaking into their box with and SMG, and if you’re close enough to them, fire the weapon.
- Update v15.00
- Introduced the Dragon's Breath Shotgun in Epic and Legendary rarities.
- December 4th, 2020 Hotfix
- Dragon's Breath increased effective range and damage.
- Update v16.00
- Both rarities of the Dragon's Breath Shotgun have been Vaulted.
- It is the first non-disposable weapon which is able to deal fire damage to players. The first weapon to deal fire damage was the Flare Gun.
- Dragon's Breath is the real world name of the standard incendiary cartridge used for shotguns.
- The weapon appears to be based on the American Winchester Liberator, a prototype four-barrelled shotgun designed in 1962. However, the real Liberator fires only one shell at a time, whereas all four barrels are unloaded after one trigger pull in-game. It has a similarity with the DP-12 Incendiary shotgun.
- Considering it can only be fired once, and all four shells are loaded at the same time, it has the slowest effective reload of any shotgun, as it cannot be cancelled to quickly fire.