- — In-game description
- Drift comes with six styles, all of which must be unlocked by gaining EXP by grinding in the Season 5 weekly challenges. The weekly challenges posters also show Drift upgrading his armor in the first 6 posters.
Drift was an ordinary human from California in the "real" world. In Season 4, when the metal Durrr Burger teleported to California, he visited the burger to spray graffiti art of a Kitsune mask in a red hood.
It so happens that at that moment, another Rift brought both the burger and Drift back to the Battle Royale universe. Drift was greeted by Brite Bomber, Rex, and a few other people who were on a road trip.
Drift seemed to gain paranormal powers related to the Rifts, visible in his cloak and pickaxe.
He followed the others along on their road trip, and apparently grew a relationship with Brite Bomber (whether it was romantic or not though is up for debate). They visited several locations across the island.
When, a new world was introduced, no given info on his relationship was found until Chapter 2: Season 2 when carvings on a tree by Bushranger depict the end of their long-term relationship with Brite Bomber suggesting the fact he has started relationships with someone else, mostly probably Catalyst.
|Gain 10,000 XP||Drift Stage 2 style|
|Gain 25,000 XP||Drift Stage 3 style|
|Gain 50,000 XP||Drift Stage 4 style|
|Gain 100,000 XP||Drift Stage 5 style|
|Gain 200,000 XP||Drift Stage 6 style|
Note: When you complete four challenges listed above you will receive the Epic Rift Edge harvesting tool.
- Drift is the mascot for Season 5.
- There was a series of Loading Screens that featured Drift, the Brite Bomber skin, the Cuddle Team Leader skin, and the Rex skin.
- Near Loot Lake (formally Leaky Lake), there is a big Durr Burger/Beef Boss head with a Drift spray on the tongue.
- Drift is seen in the Season 5 trailer.
- Drift is one of the most popular, well-known and recognized Outfits in Fortnite.
- Drift is a part of the Drift set which includes the Summer Drift Outfit, the Catalyst Outfit, the Oozie Back Bling, the Atmosphere Back Bling, the Kitsune Pet, the Driftstream Glider, the Rift Rider Glider, the Rift Edge Harvesting Tool, the Dual Edge Dual Harvesting Tool, the Kitsune Wrap, the Maximum Drift Wrap, the Drift Loading Screen, and the Rift Lighting Skydiving Trail.
- Drift appears in the Loading Screen Downtown Drift which was created by Aaron Kraten.
- The Drift outfit somewhat has a Chinese version called Swift. He also has a summer version (Summer Drift) and a female counterpart (Catalyst).