- — In-Game Description
Drift was an ordinary human from California in the "real life" world. In Season 4, when the metal Durr Burger teleported to California, he visited the burger to spray graffiti art of a Kitsune mask in a pink hood.
It so happens that at that moment, another Rift brought both the burger and Drift back to the Battle Royale universe. Drift was greeted by Brite Bomber, Rex, Cuddle Team Leader, and a few other people who were on a road trip.
Drift seemed to gain paranormal powers related to the Rifts, visible in his cloak and pickaxe.
He followed the others along on their road trip, and became friends with Brite Bomber. They visited several locations across the island.
Drift is one of, if not the most iconic outfits in the game. He resembles a kitsune, which is roughly a “legendary fox” in Japanese legends and stories. They’re usually depicted as intelligent animals and paranormal abilities according to Wikipedia. Moving towards Drift, you can see he fits a lot of these attributes, being rifted from the real world into the Fortnite island, he has a mysterious past and his assumed power of “lightning.”
- Stage One: His first stage is a simple man with a t-shirt, muscular arms, and some gold. He has a unique hair style, only seen with two other outfits (Summer Drift and Star Lord). His mouth is covered with a mask.
- Stage Two: His next Stage adds a bit more design to his t-shirt, and his arms are now covered.
- Stage Three: He wears a red jacket now, covering his t-shirt.
- Stage Four: His hood is now on covering his hair, and his face is replaced with another mask (resembling the face of a Kitsune), covering his entire face this time.
- Stage Five: Now he wears a black and gold oversized cloak.
- Stage Six: His last stage adds a “rift” like substance on him as well as an electric aurora.
On the back of his cloak on stages 5 and 6 shows a symbol that resembles a "Torri", or a doorway between mundane and sacred worlds, which matches his theme as he was rifted between the real world and the Battle Royale world.
He has four other inspired/remixed variants:
- A lunar new year variant ( that this resembles a Rat instead of a Kitsune).
- A Female counterpart (Catalyst).
- A summer variant which has a style option (Summer Drift). It may be hard to tell, but he uses the Mansu model.
- A dark, opposite variant (Fade)
- A snow, icy variant (Snow Drift)
Note: When you complete four challenges listed above you will receive the Epic Rift Edge harvesting tool.
- Drift is the mascot for Season 5, he is also the main character in the Season 5 Trailer.
- During Season 5, there was a series of Loading Screens that featured Drift, Brite Bomber, Cuddle Team Leader, and Rex going on a road trip through various locations across the island.
- Some of these loading screens hinted at a possible relationship between Drift and Brite Bomber. The relationship seemed very likely, as in the Chapter 2: Season 2 trailer, there is a tree that has several scratchings on it, with one of them being a heart that reads "Drift + BB". However, there is a line scratched through the heart, hinting that the two may have broken up.
- Near Loot Lake (formally Leaky Lake), there was a big Durr Burger/Beef Boss head with a Drift spray on the tongue.
- Drift is one of the most popular, well-known and recognized Outfits in Fortnite.
- Drift appears in the Loading Screen Downtown Drift which was created by Aaron Kraten.
- The Drift outfit somewhat has a Chinese version called Swift. He also has a summer version (Summer Drift), an ice version (Snow Drift) and a female counterpart (Catalyst).
- He has a fish counterpart. Click here to read about it.
- He is a character not from The Loop, he is here because the Rift took him here.