- — In-game description
Drift is one of, if not the most iconic outfit in the game. He resembles a kitsune, which is roughly a “legendary fox” in Japanese legends and stories. They’re usually depicted as intelligent animals and paranormal abilities according to Wikipedia. Moving towards Drift, you can see he fits a lot of these attributes, being rifted from the real world into the Fortnite island, he has a mysterious past and his assumed power of “lightning.”
- Stage One: His first stage is a simple man with a t-shirt, muscular arms, and some gold. He has a unique hair style, only seen with two other outfits (Summer Drift and Star Lord). His mouth is covered with a mask.
- Stage Two: His next Stage adds a bit more design to his t-shirt, and his arms are now covered.
- Stage Three: He wears a red jacket now, covering his t-shirt.
- Stage Four: His hood is now on covering his hair, and his face is replaced with another mask (resembling the face of a Kitsune), covering his entire face this time.
- Stage Five: Now he wears a black and gold oversized cloak.
- Stage Six: His last stage adds a “rift” like substance on him as well as an electric aurora.
On the back of his cloak on stages 5 and 6 shows a symbol that resembles a torri, or a doorway between mundane and sacred worlds, which matches his theme' as he was rifted between the real world and the battle Royale world.
He has three other inspired/remixed variants: a lunar new year variant (note that this resembles a rat instead of a kitsune) , a female counterpart, and a summer variant. It may be hard to tell, but he uses the Mansu model.
Drift was an ordinary human from California in the "real life" world. In Season 4, when the metal Durr Burger teleported to California, he visited the burger to spray graffiti art of a Kitsune mask in a red hood.
It so happens that at that moment, another Rift brought both the burger and Drift back to the Battle Royale universe. Drift was greeted by Brite Bomber, Rex, and a few other people who were on a road trip.
Drift seemed to gain paranormal powers related to the Rifts, visible in his cloak and pickaxe.
He followed the others along on their road trip, and apparently grew a relationship with Brite Bomber (whether it was romantic or not though is up for debate). They visited several locations across the island.
When, a new world was introduced, no given info on his relationship was found until Chapter 2: Season 2 when carvings on a tree by Bushranger depict the end of their long-term relationship with Brite Bomber suggesting the fact he has started relationships with someone else, mostly probably Catalyst.
|Gain 10,000 XP||Drift Stage 2 style|
|Gain 25,000 XP||Drift Stage 3 style|
|Gain 50,000 XP||Drift Stage 4 style|
|Gain 100,000 XP||Drift Stage 5 style|
|Gain 200,000 XP||Drift Stage 6 style|
Note: When you complete four challenges listed above you will receive the Epic Rift Edge harvesting tool.
- Drift is the mascot for Season 5.
- There was a series of Loading Screens that featured Drift, Brite Bomber, the Cuddle Team Leader, and the Rex.
- Near Loot Lake (formally Leaky Lake), there was a big Durr Burger/Beef Boss head with a Drift spray on the tongue.
- Drift is seen in the Season 5 trailer.
- Drift is one of the most popular, well-known and recognized Outfits in Fortnite.
- Drift is a part of the Drift set which includes the Summer Drift Outfit, the Catalyst Outfit, the Oozie Back Bling, the Atmosphere Back Bling, the Kitsune Pet, the Driftstream Glider, the Rift Rider Glider, the Rift Edge Harvesting Tool, the Dual Edge Dual Harvesting Tool, the Kitsune Wrap, the Maximum Drift Wrap, the Drift Loading Screen, and the Rift Lighting Skydiving Trail.
- Drift appears in the Loading Screen Downtown Drift which was created by Aaron Kraten.
- The Drift outfit somewhat has a Chinese version called Swift. He also has a summer version (Summer Drift) and a female counterpart (Catalyst).