- — In-Game Description
Drift was an ordinary human from California in the "real life" world. In Season 4, when the metal Durr Burger teleported to California, he visited the burger to spray graffiti art of a Kitsune mask in a pink hood.
It so happens that at that moment, another Rift brought both the burger and Drift back to the battle royale universe. Drift was greeted by Brite Bomber, Rex, Cuddle Team Leader, and a few other people who were on a road trip. Drift seemed to gain paranormal powers related to the Rifts, visible in his cloak and harvesting tool. He followed the others along on their road trip, and became friends with Brite Bomber. They visited several locations across the island. In Season X, Drift gained a female counterpart from an alternate timeline, called Catalyst.
|Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4|
- During Season 5, there was a series of Loading Screens that featured Drift, Brite Bomber, Cuddle Team Leader, and Rex going on a road trip through various locations across the island.
- Drift is one of the most popular, well-known and recognized Outfits in Fortnite.
- His cloak in the 4th and 5th stages has a symbol known as a "Torri", which is a gateway between worlds. This is probably there since he traveled from the real world to the Fortnite world.
- He has 2 fish counterparts, the Drift Hop Flopper, and the Drift Spicy Fish.
- He is a character not from The Loop, he is here because a Rift took him here.
- He seems to have a special relationship with Brite Bomber, based on multiple loading screens from Season 5.
- In the Chapter 2: Season 2 trailer, there was a heart drawn in a tree with "BB + Drift" written on it, but "Drift" was crossed out. It might have been vandalized by someone out of jealousy.
- The two are seen together once again in the Ice Cream Social and Believer Beach loading screens from Chapter 2: Season 7, donning their summer clothing.
- Epic Games made a Easter Egg in Season 5 for a player named Chappadoodle wearing Drift. Muselk was trying to save the player, but accidentally knocked the player into the ocean with an ATK. This resulted in a gravestone for Chappadoodle, and some tires so no player would be stuck at the bottom of the map again.
- There are a total of 5 version of Drift that exist in Fortnite. That being Drift, Summer Drift, Catalyst, Snow Drift, and Driftwalker