The Driftboard seats one player. The Driver is able to move forwards, backwards, jump and boost, for a short burst of speed. The driver can also lean backwards and forwards in the air to build up 'trick score'. This has no effect aside from visuals, and a notification in the elimination feed.
Uniquely, the Driftboard driver can also shoot, heal and emote, all whilst maintaining the momentum they have gathered. They cannot initiate movement whilst doing these things however.1
The Driftboard could be found at various locations across the Athena map. They had a 100% spawn rate.
The player can damage opponents whilst driving the Driftboard, but the board itself deals no damage on impact.
- The Driftboard can be used to heal on the move, as momentum gathered before healing will be maintained whilst doing so. This is good for healing whilst escaping The Storm.
- The Driftboard can be used to shoot at players while they are driving vehicles, and move at the same speed as them.
- Update v7.40 Content Update: Added the Driftboard.
Chapter 2: Season 1
- Update v11.00: Vaulted the Driftboard.
- The Driftboard was originally planned to be added in Update v7.10, however it was postponed due to a last minute issue found.
- For several hours after the update which first added them, Driftboards were found in Save the World, replacing the Hoverboard. They were quickly reverted back to the original Hoverboard however.
- The Driftboard is likely a reference to the Back to the Future Series, specifically Back to the Future Part II, where the main character Marty McFly, uses a similar looking board when he travels to the future.
- Unlike the movie however, the Driftboard works on water (or at least does not disable when submerged)