- — In-Game Description
The Drum Gun is a fully automatic, fast firing, closer ranged weapon. It is best used like an SMG, dealing high amounts of damage in a close quarters environment, but being much weaker at extended ranges due to poor accuracy. As it stands, the Drum Gun plays closer to a Submachine Gun than an Assault Weapon, similar to the Light Machine Gun.
|Drum Gun||Drum Gun|
|DPS: 168||DPS: 176|
|Damage: 21||Damage: 22|
|Fire Rate: 8||Fire Rate: 8|
|Magazine Size: 40||Magazine Size: 40|
|Reload Time: 3.2s||Reload Time: 3.0s|
The Drum Gun is a hitscan weapon. It does not have First Shot Accuracy enabled, and will always fire a random spread of bullets, which increases with continuous fire.
|Pullout||Uncommon and Rare|
|Shooting||Uncommon and Rare|
|Reload||Uncommon and Rare|
|Pickup||Uncommon and Rare|
|Drop||Uncommon and Rare|
From when the weapon was last available in Season X
- The Drum Gun is essentially an SMG in all but name, so it should be used accordingly. This means close range hipfire against opponents for the best DPS.
- The Drum Gun has a large magazine size so it can be useful for attacking builds for longer periods of time.
- Update v4.50: Introduced the Drum Gun in Uncommon and Rare.
- Update v5.20: Various Balance Changes to the Drum Gun.
- Reduced falloff range damage from 80% to 70% at 3500 units
- Reduced falloff range damage from 65% to 55% at 5000+ units
- Added environmental damage fall off matching player damage fall off
- Decreased jumping accuracy by 5%
- Decreased targeting accuracy by 10%
- Reduced spawn rate from chests and floor loot by 40%
- Update v5.40: Vaulted the Drum Gun in both rarities.
- Update v8.51 Event: Unvaulted the Drum Gun in both rarities after a community choice.
- Update v9.01: Reduced base damage from 26/27 to 22/23.
- Update v9.30: Drum Gun Adjustments:
- Drum Gun fire rate reduced from 9 to 8.
- Magazine size reduced from 50 down to 40.
- Update v11.00: Vaulted the Drum Gun.
- Update v13.00: Reduced the damage by 1 across the board (Still Vaulted).
- The weapon is based off of the American Thompson M1921 'Tommy Gun', specifically one often associated with American Mobsters, and not the Submachine Gun used in World War Two.
- The Drum Gun has had a troubled classification as a weapon, as it functions very similar to an SMG, but uses medium ammo and is classed as an Assault Weapon. On top of this, its placement in the Creative Menu puts it next to other SMGs despite it not being classed as one there.
- The Drum Gun was the winner of the The Unvaulting Event.
Drum Gun's Texture in The Vault.