Elevators are small cube-shaped buildings in Fortnite: Battle Royale that can randomly come out of the ground at 20 different possible locations. They are the property of the Imagined Order and most commonly spawn 3 IO Guards with Rare Tactical Assault Rifles. There's a chance that they'll spawn with Epic and Legendary Tactical Assault Rifles
Sometimes, an Elevator will not spawn IO Guards but something rare - usually an Easter egg, or nods to past events, or even trolls.
These are all the rare objects that Elevators can spawn:
- The GHOST and SHADOW Henchmen duo from the previous season, which seem confused about their whereabouts.
- A Loot Shark, which will try and find the nearest body of water.
- Midas' Golden Chair
- The Stone Dog from Chapter 1.
- A teddy Bear.
- A Durrr Burger head
- A Moai Head.
- A triceratops
- A wooden bear statue
- A gnome carrying a lamp.
- A fish on top of a chest.
- A holiday tree surrounded by presents and Chests - most likely only for Operation: Snowdown
- Surface Hub IO-F4, Surface Hub IO-E6, and Surface Hub IO-D1 all activate a PA system whenever an Elevator has risen to the surface. The PA is louder when an Elevator has risen nearby, this can be useful for finding I.O. Guard spawn locations.
There are 20 possible spawn points for Elevators. These are: