Explosive Weapons are a type of weapon in Fortnite: Battle Royale. The purpose of these weapons is for a variety of different ranged combat. All Explosive Weapons use Rocket Ammo, except for the Party Royale Paint Launcher, which uses an exclusive Paint ammo.
Explosive Weapons fill the role of a variety of different weapon ranges, depending on which explosive weapon is being used and for what purpose. All explosive weapons deal Splash Damage, meaning that from where the projectile lands, there will be a small spherical radius surrounding which will also deal damage. Explosive Weapons excel in Structure Damage, and many of them have different statistics for player versus structure damages. Players are also able to hurt themselves with Explosive Weapons, which limits their close range capabilities.
Some Explosive Weapons also have the unique mechanic of 'Rocket Riding' which allows a player to stand atop an explosive projectile and follow along with it until it detonates in the air or on a surface.
List of Weaponry
- Most Explosive Weapons are able to damage the player, so caution is advised when firing them near yourself.
- Firing an explosive weapon, especially one with a slow projectile, can be used to destroy a wall and instantly attack those behind it. This is done by shooting a slow moving rocket or grenade, readying your other weapon, and firing as soon as the projectile destroys the wall.
- Shooting most explosive weapons under a player will allow them to 'ride' the projectile. This can be used to move players from one area to another with great speed, such as out of the storm.
- explosive weapons are very useful in small storm circles because there will be small area there will be no place to opponents to hide so the rocket or grenade it will not fail the shot and will make damage easily to players
- The Guided Missile is unavailable in Creative, and has not returned in any capacity since it was vaulted in Season 5.
- High Explosives an LTM which uses many of the aforementioned explosive weapons. It is also a preset for the Loot Pool in Battle Lab.
- The Common Rocket Launcher is the shortest lived Explosive Weapon, being removed in a hotfix for the Chapter 2: Season 1 release update.
- Although the Grenade Launchers do not fire rockets, but grenades, they still use Rocket Ammo for balancing reasons.
- The Pumpkin Launcher is a Seasonal Reskin of the Rocket Launcher. On the other hand, the Snowball Launcher and Easter Egg Launcher both have a slight alteration to their projectiles from the original Grenade Launcher. On top of this, the two seasonal Grenade Launchers come in Uncommon rarity, which the standard Grenade Launcher does not.