Fish are consumable items that can be caught as part of the Fishing mechanic. Currently there are 44 total fish models split into 8 sub-categories or variants of fish (with 2 exceptions). Each category or variant of fish gives the player a unique effect/ability.
Types of Fish
A total of 44 fish models can currently be obtained as part of the Fishing mechanic, with 9 different sub-categories of fish. Each category of fish gives the player a unique effect/ability, and are listed bellow:
- Floppers can be consumed to gain 40 health up until 100.
- Slurpfish can be consumed to gain 40 health and/or shield up to both 100 health and shield.
- Jellyfish can be crushed to give all players in the vicinity 20 health and/or shield. (Similar to that of the Chug Splash)
- Shieldfish can be consumed to gain 40 shield up until 100.
- Spicy Fish can be consumed to gain 15 health and a temporary speed boost.
- Small Fry can be consumed to gain 25 health up until 75.
- Hop Flopper can be consumed to gain 15 health and a temporary low gravity effect.
- Stink Floppers can either be thrown for the effect of a Stink Bomb or eaten like a Flopper.
- Cuddle Fish can be thrown on the ground/walls, and explode when enemies come neaer
In addition to these, there are 2 unique fish that do not fit any of the sub-categories:
- The Vendetta Flopper, a fish that marks the closest enemy's location.
- The Mythic Goldfish, an extremely rare fish (1 in a million) that instantly kills enemies upon contact is not a fish.
- Midas Flopper a fish that turns your entire inventory into Legendary rarity.
- Thermal Fish can be consumed to gain 15 health and temporary thermal vision.
- Snowy Flopper can be consumed to gain frozen feet and 15 health.
- Zero Point Fish can be consumed to gain the effects of the zero point and also give 15 health.
- Rift Fish can be consumed to spawn a rift (like a Rift-To-Go) and also give 15 health.
- Main article: Fishing Collection Book
While in a match, you can see your complete collection of fish on the map interface.
Current Fishing Collection: