Fish are consumable items that can be caught as part of the Fishing mechanic. Currently there are 41 total fish models split into 8 sub-categories or variants of fish (with the exception of 3). Each category or variant of fish gives the player a unique effect/ability.
Types of Fish
A total of 41 fish models can be obtained as part of the Fishing mechanic, with 8 different sub-categories of fish. Each category of fish gives the player a unique effect/ability, and are listed bellow:
- Floppers can be consumed to gain 40 health up until 100.
- Slurpfish can be consumed to gain 40 health and/or shield up to both 100 health and shield.
- Spicy Fish can be consumed to gain 15 health and a temporary speed boost
- Hop Flopper can be consumed to gain 15 health and a temporary low gravity effect.
- Jellyfish can be crushed to give all players in the vicinity 20 health and/or shield. (Similar to that of the Chug Splash)
- Shieldfish can be consumed to gain 40 shield up until 100.
- Thermal Fish can be consumed to gain 15 health and temporary thermal vision.
- Small Fry can be consumed to gain 25 health up until 75.
In addition to these, there are 3 unique fish that do not fit into any of these categories.
- The Mythic Goldfish, an extremely rare fish (1 in a million) that instantly kills enemies upon contact. (Vaulted)
- The Midas Flopper, a fish that turns your entire inventory into Legendary rarity.
- The Vendetta Flopper, a fish that marks the closest enemy's location.
While in a match, you can see your complete collection of fish on the map interface. This shows all fish you caught throughout the season. When looking at a particular fish, you see the info on obtaining it; how many of it you have caught; the longest length you have caught of it and a leaderboard comparing you and your friends.