The Floating Island is a location added to Fortnite: Battle Royale at the start of Season 6. The island was ripped from the middle of Loot Lake by The Cube, which made the island float, before it started moving towards the runes. The Island is currently moving with the house on top of it. For detailed reports, see Island Movement. After arriving at the last rune it started moving back to the middle of the Lake.
Players can easily get to the Floating Island by swimming (When the Island was above Loot Lake) out to the vortex. Once there, it will grab players and pull them into the air. Players should then deploy their glider and maneuver so they keep rising. Once above the island, the vortex will cease its pull and players can safely land.
- September 27, 2018; The Floating Island has appeared (Season 6 release)
- October 1, 2018; The Floating Island has moved to the rune southwest of Pleasant Park
- October 4, 2018; The Floating Island has moved to the rune beside Shifty Shafts
- October 6, 2018 (Evening); The Floating Island has moved to the rune northwest of Fatal Fields
- October 10, 2018 (Evening); The Floating Island reached the south rune of Retail Row
- October 14, 2018; The Floating Island moved to the rune of Wailing Woods
- October 16, 2018; The Floating Island has moved to the rune beside Lazy Links
- October 19, 2018; The Floating Island has moved to the rune of Dusty Divot
- October 21, 2018; The Floating Island has moved back to it's starting position and creates a Sky Portal with a beam attaching the Floating Island and the Sky Portal.
- October 24, 2018; The Sky Portal activates and the Floating Island explodes into 7 pieces. 3 huge, 4 small.
- November 4, 2018; The cube of the Floating Island explodes and the Floating Island itself falls down to make multiple small islands in Leaky Lake.