Fortnite is a massive online multiplayer game, made by Epic Games on Unreal Engine 4, that released on July 25th, 2017 as Paid Early Access and as a full release game on June 30th, 2020. It is available on P.C, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iPhone, iPad, Android, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. Fortnite was a P.C and Console only game. The iOS, iPadOS and Android editions came during Season 4 and Season 5 of Battle Royale.
Fortnite is made of 3 distinct game modes: Save the World, Battle Royale, and Creative.
Save the World
- Main article: Fortnite: Save the World
Fortnite Save the World takes place in a world where The Storm, an entity, has wiped out 98% of the population and spawns in Husks and Mist Monsters to attack the living. Homebase recruits you, the Commander to lead heroes into battle and expand the Storm Shield to take back our world from the Storm. Build giant forts, and/or fight hordes of monsters through various missions. Craft weapons, train heroes and survivors, and level them up to fight harder and more challenging Monsters. Save the World retains the Chapter 1 Art Style and U.I.
Save the World is only available on P.C, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and higher-gen consoles.
- Main article: Fortnite: Battle Royale
Fortnite Battle Royale is a gamemode where 100 players launch from the Battle Bus and compete either Solo, or in Duos, Trios or even Squads of 4 for a Victory Royale. Level up the Battle Pass each season for cosmetics, V-Bucks and experience the ongoing story. Find loot in the form of Weapons, Items and Consumables. The higher the rarity, the better your weapon is. Be aware of The Storm and run away or else you take damage. Fortnite: Battle Ryale also has a variety of Playlists and Limited Time Modes.
- Main article: Fortnite: Creative
Fortnite Creative is a gamemode where you and up to 16 friends can create islands, play minigames, or explore other islands. In this gamemode, players can customize server settings, place prebuilt structures from Battle Royale, galleries (collections of assets from different Battle Royale structures), devices (traps, timers, vehicles, etc.), and items and weapons from Battle Royale, some of which are vaulted.
|C.P.U.||Intel Core i3 3.3 GHz||Intel Core i5 3.5 GHz|
|Operating System||Windows 7/8/10 64-bit||Windows 7/8/10 64-bit|
|Memory||4 Gigabytes of RAM||8 Gigabytes of RAM|
|G.P.U.||Intel HD 4000||Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU|
- Fortnite was first announced at the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards.
- In April 2014, Fortnite's closed Alpha sign-ups began and the game was revealed to be aimed towards a free-to-play model.
- In December 2014, the first round of Fortnite's Alpha began.
- In March 2015, the second round of the Alpha began.
- In Fall 2015, Fortnite was announced to be compatible with Mac computers, and the closed Beta phase began.
- Fortnite became available for Early Access on Windows, Mac, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for those who pre-ordered the game on July 21, 2017 and on July 25, 2017 for those who did not pre-order.
- Battle Royale was released as free to play on September 26, 2017.
- Fortnite iOS was released on March 12, 2018.
- Save the World was set to become free-to-play sometime in 2018, delayed again in 2019, and then finally announced the game would remain a "premium experience".
- Fortnite became available for Early Access for the Nintendo Switch on June 12, 2018. Shortly after the release, PlayStation 4 crossplay was disabled due to Sony's decision.
- Fortnite was released on NVIDIA Shield TV, an Android-based platform, on July 12, 2018. No other announcements about Android releases were made at this time.
- Fortnite for Android Beta was released on August 9, 2018 to owners of Samsung mobile devices. Beta access was expanded to other mobile devices on August 1.
- Fortnite for iOS and iPadOS got officially blocked from the App Store on August 13, 2020 and users who have the game downloaded are still able to play it, but this version of Fortnite is no longer supported, meaning that updates will no longer be delivered, being 13.40 the last version for iOS. After the 14.00 update, players accessing Fortnite will still be able to play the 13.40 version of Fortnite, but will not be able to access any new content or the new Battle Pass.
- Fortnite was released for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on Day One.
- New Raytracing Effects and Graphical Updates Added. 
- Volumetric Clouds were introduced
- New Storm Effects for Battle Royale.
- Haptic Feedback for the PlayStation DualSense Controller.
- Being able to load into the Battle Royale Lobby and select a Game Mode from the Home Screen via PlayStation5 Activities.
- Spike TV Announces 2011 “Video Game Awards” Winners
- Epic Games Reveals Cartoony New IP Fortnite
- Fortnite alpha signups are now open
- Gears of War dev's Fortnite has Diablo-like looting
- Epic Games kicks off Fortnite alpha on Dec. 2
- Fortnite kicks off second closed alpha with a livestream this afternoon
- Epic's Fortnite coming to Mac, beta hits this fall
- Fortnite Early Access has started for those who pre-ordered Founder’s Packs
- Tweet by @FortniteGame
-  Day 1 Ready: Fortnite Arrives Next Week ON Xbox Series X|S And PS5