Rules and responsibilities that apply to both editors/staff to follow.
We want to give our editors as much leeway as they deserve. We will make an attempt to give warnings where we see suitable for a user to improve and not make the same mistake twice. In some instances, warning will not be granted.
Note: Staff at their discretion may choose to lower or increase the severity of a punishment.
- To prevent drama and uncertainty around editing we have a Editing Tips & Guidelines page that we strongly recommend to editors and staff.
- To keep our site as authentic as possible, we are seeking fact over opinion. If you state "The batman skin is the best skin in the game" it becomes an opinion. Fact and opinion also play a role in fiction vs non fiction. We don't want theories about a page, we want facts.
- If you collect information from external websites, don't plagiarize others written words. Please refrain from doing so and atleast if you do use an external websites sources, either link it or rewrite that information into your own words.
Acceptable images must be Fortnite related. Here are some examples:
- Transparent images
- Unrelated Fortnite pictures/content added to articles, discussions.
- Faces of real life people
- Blurry images
- Not direct screenshots. (Pictures taken from your phone looking into the desktop screen)
Acceptable videos must be Fortnite related. Here are some examples:
- Fortnite Official Trailers (Created by Epic)
- If you believe there should be an exception, contact Content Mod +
- Videos related to Fortnite, players, items, outfits, shops uploaded by anyone NOT Epic. We dont allow self advertisement.
- Links to your social media profiles.
Punishments in this section can vary depending on the circumstance and intention of the editor. Generally these bans can be indefinite if its intentional vandalism.
- Adding false information to articles, gibberish etc.
- Removing content from pages.
- Spamming links to external sites.
Punishments in this section are usually severe. Generally these bans have very few tolerance for renewing an offenders reputation in the community.
- Inappropriate behavior such as causing drama, feud, etc.
- Excessive swearing, flaming, disrespect, harassment, discrimination etc.
- Unacceptable username, profile/message wall, profile picture etc.
- Sharing accounts, exploiting users, hacking accounts etc.
- Underage users of 13
- Sock pupetting (abuse of multiple accounts)
- Impersonating other users/staff
- Backseat moderation (Telling a staff how to/how to not do their job).
- If you have a problem with a staff member report it to an Admin+
- No self advertisement (Unless showing stats using Fortnite related tracking websites; leader boards etc)
No badge grinding
- For example: You edit a page just to add a period to the end of the sentence. But then you edit the same page or another page again only to capitalize 1 letter. It could be that you're looking out for grammar truthfully.. If you're going to edit pages, take the time to edit it thoroughly and look for all mistakes or improvements.
- For example: Removing content. Saving. Then adding the same or similar content again.
- The offender will be notified and given a friendly warning, as well as a link referencing the source. If you feel you were notified wrongly, feel free to defend yourself and explain.
- A second warning may be issued depending on the severity.
- The offender will be banned for a period between 1-7 days.
- The offender could be banned for a period of 1 month.
- The offender could be banned for 1 year.
- The offender could be banned indefinitely.