Grab things and throw them at other things! You can also press RELOAD to rotate the object you are holding
- — In-Game Description
The Grab-itron allows the player to pick up and throw props and some vehicles at other players to deal damage to them. Damage is dependent on the size and material of the prop thrown. Players can pick up props by pressing the attack button, and throw them by letting go of it. Players can aim like normal with the weapon, allowing for precise throws. Pressing reload allows the player to rotate the prop. After use, the weapon goes on a very short cooldown. The Grab-itron can only pick one prop up at a time.
The Grab-itron deals different damage dependent on the size of the prop picked up and its material. It deals significantly more damage when an object is thrown, rather than slammed against a player.
As such, it does not have a consistent DPS. It cannot critical hit players.
|Magazine Size: 1|
|Reload Time: 0.9s|
The Grab-itron uses a unique method of picking up and throwing props. Props must travel to the player before they can be launched, and they are launched at a relatively fast speed away from the player.
It can also be obtained from the Mothership Vault Chests (Epic or Legendary) and as floor loot on Abductors.
- Although different props have different damages, players should make note of the size of the prop in order to increase the ease of hitting a target. For example, larger props may have a greater chance to hit a player, but they will not fit through smaller spaces or be as easy to aim precisely.
- You can use grabbed objects as a shield. A Vault's door is effective as a shield because it can't be destroyed.
- Pick up an item with the Grab-itron and have your squad-mate stand on top of it. Then, throw the object and your squad-mate will travel a very far distance. This works best with small objects. This is useful for quickly moving around the map.
- Projectiles such as Grenades and Rockets can be grabbed and flung back. This feature was removed in a hotfix
- Update v17.30: Added the Grab-itron in Epic rarity.
- Hotfix: The Grab-itron can no longer pick up flying projectiles.
- Update v18.00: Vaulted the Grab-itron
- It is impossible to have more than one Grab-itron in your inventory.
- The Grab-itron is a handheld version of the abduction feature from Saucers. However, unlike the Saucer, it cannot pick up players.
- The Grab-itron is not present in Arena modes.
- The Grab-itron can grab players using an Inflate-A-Bull.
- The Grab-itron can't pick up a Supply Llama.
- It was possible to grab flying rockets with the Grab-itron. If you threw the grabbed rocket, it would deal its normal damage in its normal radius. If you eliminated a player by throwing the rocket, the player who had launched the rocket would get the elimination.
- The Grab-itron will bounce off of beach umbrellas and tires.
- Throwing a Vehicle Mod at a Vehicle will not make it attach to the vehicle.
- If you a holding an item with a Grab-itron and activate the Bubble Effect, you will continue holding the item.