The Guided Missile was a unique firing weapon, in that when it was fired, control was taken away from your player and given to the rocket itself, hence the name. The missile was then guided to its target by player control, which could be moved in any direction, but always moving forward. The rocket would explode after a number of seconds, indicated by a bar across the screen. Like the Rocket Launcher, the rocket could hurt the player who shot it, alongside enemies. Rockets dealt more damage to structures than they did to players,
|Guided Missile||Guided Missile|
|DPS: 55.5||DPS: 57.5|
|Damage: 74||Damage: 77|
|Magazine Size: 1||Magazine Size: 1|
|Reload Time: 2.4||Reload Time: 2.2|
|Structure Damage: 400||Structure Damage: 400|
The Guided Missile was a Slow Moving Projectile Weapon. The Projectile was controlled by the player, and could be slowly maneuvered before exploding.
There was damage falloff on the Guided Missile's projectiles.
|Low Fuel||Epic and Legendary|
From when it was last obtainable in Season 6.
- Update v3.40: Introduced the Guided Missile in Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Update v3.50: Adjustments to the Guided Missile.
- Decreased Guided Missile maximum turn rate by 75%.
- Reduced Guided Missile movement speed by 15%.
- April 18th (1 Week Later): Vaulted the Guided Missile.
- Content Update v5.10: Unvaulted the Guided Missile.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Update v6.20: Re-enabled the Guided Missile after an issue.
- Update v6.21: Vaulted the Guided Missile, remains in Playground.
- Update v7.30: Guided Missile retired from the Playground LTM and removed from the files. It is now completely unavailable in the game.
- The Guided Missile's appearance is very similar to the M72 LAW or AT4, both weapons which do not have heat seeking Missiles in real life.
- Its function was very similar to the Valkyrie Rockets in Call of Duty: Black Ops. They function the same way, with a player controlled missile on a timer, launched from a rocket launcher.
- The Guided Missile was the first weapon to be unvaulted.
- The Guided Missile was available in Creative through glitches and in random chests. This was patched when it was removed from the files.
- The Guided Missile is one of the few items that has been completely removed from the game.