The Halloween 2017 update was released on the 26th of October 2017 (England And Forward) Or 25th October 2017 (America and Backward.)
- Controls feel a little more stable on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Capped FPS at 30 re-enabled on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro.
- Added an option to enable targeting.
Battle Royale Patch Notes
- Slurp Juice added as a new consumable. Slurp Juice adds 1 health and 1 shield every second for 25 seconds.
- Characters are now customizable, as well as gliders and other cosmetics.
- Default characters now sport the same green shirt and camouflage pants.
- Voice Chat implemented for consoles.
- Players automatically pick up ammunition, traps, and building materials.
- Newly implemented store with Halloween skins, available until November 4th.
- V-bucks now able to be purchased and used in the store.
- Character Skins
- Skull Trooper
- Ghoul Trooper
- Weapons Skins
- Reaper Skin - Pickaxe.
- The new “Combat Pro” controller config is aimed at keeping the user's thumbs on the sticks as much as possible so they can make fast
weapon swaps and build quickly.
- Item Shop
- Offers rotate on a weekly/daily basis.
- All items are cosmetic only, therefore they do NOT grant any competitive advantages.
- Items can be equipped in the locker tab, which is brand new.
- Players can change their banner, glider, character, or pickaxe in the locker.
- Leaderboards are now added, and can be divided between Division Leaderboard or Friends Leaderboard. They are classified in the following ways:
- Total Wins
- Top 10
- Top 25
- Top 5
- Top 12
- Top 3
- Top 6
- Division Leaderboard
- A division is a group of 50 active players competing against each other to see who will take top the spot.
- You are assigned to a new division each week.
- Each match type gets it's own division.
- Friends Leaderboard
- Compare yourselves to your friends by turning on "Friends Only" in the Leaderboard screen.
- Leaderboards reset every Wednesday.
- Seasons will give the player a chance to level-up their character and earn unique seasonal rewards and banner flair.
- The first season will give players a chance to level up to 100, with player level displayed on their banner.
- Banner flair is awarded in levels 2-49, giving players an additional way to show off their mastery.
- There are 2 unique rewards that will be provided in the first
season. These will only be earned by seasonal progress and cannot be obtained by other methods at this time: *** Level 10 – Unique seasonal banner
- Level 25 – Unique seasonal glider
* Players can boost their seasonal levels by participating in Daily Challenges. ** A new challenge will be provided each day with the ability to have up to 3 active challenges in total
- Completing Daily Challenges will provide the player with seasonal level XP
* PC players have push to talk enabled by default. Bound to the Y key.
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One player’s mics are voice activated by default.
- Voice chat is enabled by default, but you can turn it off in the Audio Options menu.
- Note that PC players also have the ability to team voice chat, which we added in the previous update.
Save The World Patches
Fortnitemares - Vlad Moon Rising!
- Gothic castles, grim mansions, creepy catacombs, and more await you in the mists of Hexsylvania.
- Trap The Storm - New mission focusing on reinforcing and defending existing buildings. Fortify and get ready to fight.
- 36 new quests are added!
- Halloween creatures.
- Pumpkin Head Husk added to the game.
- The Vampire Taker added to the game.
- Treat Yourself
- Spend earned candy by completing quests.
- Lobby of DOOM
- Eight heroes dressed up in the holiday spirit. Happy Halloween!
- Show the hordes of husks they have something to be afraid of this
Halloween with the Jack-O-Launcher, the new pumpkin slinging Husk slayer. Only available for a limited time.
- The Grave Digger is a new assault rifle included in the
Fortnitemares update. Packing a serious punch and sporting an extended clip, this weapon is perfect for laying hordes of Hexsylvanian Husks to rest.