The Hand Cannon is a slow firing, heavy hitting pistol, often used for weakening builds or longer range combat. It has first shot accuracy allowing for long engagements, and deals high structure damage per shot.
|Hand Cannon||Hand Cannon|
|DPS: 60||DPS: 62.4|
|Damage: 75||Damage: 78|
|Fire Rate: 0.8||Fire Rate: 0.8|
|Magazine Size: 7||Magazine Size: 7|
|Reload Time: 2.2s||Reload Time: 2.1s|
|Structure Damage: 100||Structure Damage: 105|
The Hand Cannon is a hitscan weapon, with First Shot Accuracy enabled.
|Pullout||Epic and Legendary|
|Shooting||Epic and Legendary|
|Reload||Epic and Legendary|
|Pickup||Epic and Legendary|
|Drop||Epic and Legendary|
From when the weapon was last available in Chapter 2: Season 4.
- The Hand Cannon can be used to deal high structure damage, allowing the player to fire the weapon, then quickly swap it out for another weapon, if a player is hiding behind a structure.
- The Hand Cannon is a great alternative to a Sniper Rifle, as it uses the same ammo type, and is useful to attacking players at longer ranges. Since it is hitscan too, it allows for easier landing of distant shots.
- Update v3.00: Introduced the Hand Cannon in Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Update v7.40: Reduced Structure Damage for both rarities:
- Epic: 150 to 100.
- Legendary: 157 to 105.
- Update v11.00: Vaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- Update v13.20: Icon and Textures updated for the Hand Cannon (Still Vaulted).
- Update v15.40 Hotfix: Unvaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- Update v15.50: Vaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- The Hand Cannon is based on the American / Israeli MRI Desert Eagle, a weapon colloquially known as 'The Hand Cannon'.
- The Chapter 1 icon for this weapon looks far closer to the Desert Eagle than the Chapter 2 icon however.
- The Hand Cannon and the Flint-Knock Pistol are the only weapons in the pistol class that use heavy ammo.
- Prior to its nerf in Season 7, the weapon was able to one shot wooden walls. When released the weapon was marketed as one that is powerful enough to instantly break low tier buildings.
- When you play Knockout shuffle The Hand Cannon acts like a flintlock pistol but it still does the same amount of damage.