Pistol: Semi-Automatic. Large-caliber sidearm with heavy damage, decent magazine size, and slow rate of fire.
- — In-Game Description
The Hand Cannon is a slow firing, heavy hitting pistol, often used for weakening builds or longer range combat. It has first shot accuracy allowing for long engagements, and deals high structure damage per shot.
|Hand Cannon (LTM)||Hand Cannon||Hand Cannon|
|DPS: 56.8||DPS: 60||DPS: 62.4|
|Damage: 71||Damage: 75||Damage: 78|
|Fire Rate: 0.8||Fire Rate: 0.8||Fire Rate: 0.8|
|Magazine Size: 7||Magazine Size: 7||Magazine Size: 7|
|Reload Time: 2.2s||Reload Time: 2.09s||Reload Time: 1.98s|
|Structure Damage: 95||Structure Damage: 100||Structure Damage: 105|
The Hand Cannon is a hitscan weapon, with First Shot Accuracy enabled.
|Pullout||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Shooting||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Reload||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Pickup||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Drop||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
From when the weapon was last available in Chapter 2: Season 7
Combining a Hand Cannon with:
- The Hand Cannon can be used to deal high structure damage, allowing the player to fire the weapon, then quickly swap it out for another weapon, if a player is hiding behind a structure.
- The Hand Cannon is a great alternative to a Sniper Rifle, as it uses the exact same ammo type, and is still able to attack players at longer ranges. Since it is hitscan too, it allows for easier landing of distant shots.
- It can be used in a similar manner to a Pump Shotgun. Attack an opponent using the Hand Cannon then swap to an Assault Rifle or SMG to deal more damage quickly.
- Update v3.00: Introduced the Hand Cannon in Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Update v7.40: Reduced Structure Damage for both rarities:
- Epic: 150 to 100.
- Legendary: 157 to 105.
- Update v11.00: Vaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- Update v11.31 (27th December): Unvaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- 28th December: Vaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- 3rd January: Unvaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- 4th January: Vaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- Update v12.20: Added a Rare version of the Hand Cannon, along with a knockback version of it similar to the Flint-Knock Pistol.
- Update v13.20: Icon and Textures updated for the Hand Cannon. It is still Vaulted.
- Update v15.40 Hotfix: Unvaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- Update v15.50: Vaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- Update v17.00: Unvaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- Update v17.21: Legendary rarity of the Hand Cannon can be crafted into a Plasma Cannon using Alien Nanites.
- Update v18.00: Vaulted the Hand Cannon in both rarities.
- There is also a 'Knockback' version of the Hand Cannon, present in Lazar & Fresh’s Super Knockback and Spy Games.
- The Hand Cannon is based on the American / Israeli MRI Desert Eagle, a weapon colloquially known as 'The Hand Cannon'.
- The pre Chapter 2: Season 3 icon for this weapon looks far closer to the Desert Eagle than the Chapter 2: Season 3 icon, however. This is because the new model is based off the Deadpool's Dual Hand Cannons without the Deadpool markings.
- The Hand Cannon and the Flint-Knock Pistol are the only weapons in the pistol class that use heavy ammo.
- Prior to its nerf in Season 7, the weapon was able to one shot wooden walls. When released, the weapon was marketed as one that is powerful enough to instantly break low tier buildings.
- Uniquely, the Hand Cannon on introduction to Chapter 2: Season 7 was at one point the only weapon that can be found as regular loot, and be crafted. The other weapons, such as the Lever Action Shotgun, Burst Assault Rifle and Rapid Fire SMG must all be crafted to be found. This was likely due to the reduced availability of the Hand Cannon, as was only able to be crafted from a High Tier Pistol. As of later updates however, the ability to craft the Hand Cannon was removed.
- The old icon of the Hand Cannon shared a model with the Fortnite: Save the World pistol "Bald Eagle."