Sniper Rifle: Heavy. Powerful and accurate rifle with a bolt-action mechanism with an extremely slow reload.
- — In-Game Description
The Heavy Sniper Rifle is capable of instantly destroying almost every player's builds and props, and it deals extreme damage to vehicles. It is fitted with a scope for longer range engagements, and must reload after every shot. It has very poor hipfire accuracy due to its class as a Sniper Rifle, and fires a projectile bullet. However its not capable of eliminating an enemy with full health & shield.
The Heavy Sniper Rifle also deals significant damage to Vehicles.
The Heavy Sniper Rifles range from dealing 120 Damage per shot to 132 Damage per shot (39.6 to 43.56 damage per second). All Heavy Sniper Rifles use Heavy Bullets and have a headshot multiplier of 1.5x.
Please note that DPS is calculated by stats, but is not effective due to the weapon needing to reload after every shot. With reloading accounted for, the fire rate is 0.25/0.26/0.28 s. (30/33.1/36.6 DPS)
|Heavy Sniper Rifle||Heavy Sniper Rifle||Heavy Sniper Rifle|
|DPS: 40||DPS: 42||DPS: 44|
|Damage: 120||Damage: 126||Damage: 132|
|Fire Rate: 0.33||Fire Rate: 0.33||Fire Rate: 0.33|
|Magazine Size: 1||Magazine Size: 1||Magazine Size: 1|
|Reload Time: 4.0s||Reload Time: 3.8s||Reload Time: 3.6s|
|Structure Damage: 600||Structure Damage: 630||Structure Damage: 660|
|Heavy Sniper Rifle|
|Fire Rate: 0.33|
|Magazine Size: 1|
|Reload Time: 3.4s|
|Structure Damage: 690|
The Heavy Sniper Rifle is a Fast Moving Projectile weapon. As it uses a scope, the fired bullet will always shoot from the center of the crosshair. There is no damage falloff on the Heavy Sniper's projectiles.
|Pullout||Rare, Epic and Legendary|
From when the weapon was last available in Chapter 3: Season 2:
- Players should aim above targets at long ranges to compensate for bullet drop. The further the target the higher the player should aim. each line under the xross when aiming down sight resembles 200 meters, meaning, when standing 200 meters from your target, aim with the first line under the cross.
- Players should aim in the direction a target is moving at long ranges to compensate for the bullet travel time. The faster and further the target the further the player should aim.
- As the weapon does very high structure damage, one could stand next to a structure which an enemy is hiding behind, such as a wall, shoot point blank, and then either replace the wall with their own for quick editing, or use a close ranged weapon such as a shotgun to attack opponents behind it.
- If looking to choose between a Heavy Sniper Rifle, Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper and Hunting Rifle, you should first keep in mind that they all deal the same damage to the head. And then the fact that it deals a lot more damage to players, structures and vehicles than both, however its slower to shot and reload.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle is a very effective counter against Vehicles, especially Armored Battle Buses. Not only it deals significant damage, it also puts the vehicle to a temporary stop when it is moving.
- Update v5.21: Added the Heavy Sniper Rifle in Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Update v11.00: Vaulted the Heavy Sniper Rifle.
- Update v11.31 (29th December): Unvaulted the Heavy Sniper Rifle in both rarities.
- 30th December: Vaulted the Heavy Sniper Rifle in both rarities.
- Update v12.00: Unvaulted the Heavy Sniper Rifle in all rarities.
- Update v12.50: Player damage reduced from 150/157 to 126/132.
- Update v13.00: Vaulted the Heavy Sniper Rifle in both rarities.
- Content Update v19.20: Changed the crosshair to that of the Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper. The weapon still remains vaulted.
- Update v20.00: Stat Changes to the Heavy Sniper Rifle. The weapon is still Vaulted.
- Decreased the headshot damage multiplier from 2.5 to 1.5, now dealing 189/198 instead of 315/330.
- Lowered the reload time from 3.9/4.1 to 3.6/3.8.
- Increased the damage to vehicles from 126/132 to 630/660.
- Lowered the damage to structures from 1050/1100 to 630/660.
- Update v20.10: Unvaulted the Heavy Sniper Rifle.
- Introduced Rare variant.
- Content Update v20.20 (28th April): The Epic and Legendary Heavy Sniper Rifle now can be obtained in Supply Drops in Competitive Modes.
- Update v21.00: Added a Mythic Version to Fortnite: Creative. The Heavy Sniper Rifle is available in Competitive.
- Update v21.00 Hotfix (June 7th, 2022):The Heavy Sniper Rifle is no longer available in Competitive.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle is based on the American Barrett M82.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle, when first released in Season 5, dealt the most damage in a single shot of any weapon, dealing 392 damage on a headshot with its Legendary version. Then in Chapter 2: Season 2 the base damage was nerfed together with its headshot damage, although still dealing 330. And finally in Chapter 3: Season 2 it was nerfed once again, now dealing only 198.
- The Rare variant of this weapon was initially planned to be available in the Spy Games LTM, but it was scrapped and reused in the Team Brawl LTM. It would later be released as a normal rarity in the core game modes.
- Currently an Uncommon variant of this weapon exists in the files. It deals 114 damage and has a 4.2s reload time.