A class, also known as hero, is a special group of characters that a player can choose to use during Fortnite gameplay. Classes are broken down into subclasses, with each subclass having traits in the form of special perks (passives) and abilities.
The number of perks and abilities depends on the individual hero's maximum evolution and level, with all unlocked after the third evolution and attaining level 30. The highest an individual hero can evolve is based on that hero's rarity; all heroes have the capacity to gain all perks and abilities, with evolutions beyond the third continuing to increase stats:
- Uncommon: up to three evolutions
- Rare: up to four evolutions
- Epic, Legendary, and Mythic: up to five evolutions
- Outlanders specialize in treasure finding and resource collecting, with perks and abilities that help them find valuable loot, but also few combat abilities to help them pack a punch in tight situations.
- Soldiers provide the bulk of a team's firepower by buffing allies, debuffing enemies, and shredding Husks with combat-focused abilities to be better.
- Constructors are building-focused classes, providing supercharged structures and traps to improve a team's defenses and crowd control.
- Ninjas excel in melee combat and mobility, with Mantis Leap, Dragon Slash, and Smokescreen allowing them to dart in and out of harm's way.
To learn more, click an image below.