- — In-Game Description
LTM Rules and Gameplay
Horde Rush is a Cooperative gamemode, similar to the Eliminate and Collect Mission present in Fortnite: Save the World. Players must work together to eliminate Cube Monsters, and complete three Encounters. Players win the mode by eliminating the Boss, The Caretaker.
Players fight in three encounters:
- Players have 150 seconds to loot the area, and prepare for an attack. Monsters will spawn from Obelisks, and players complete the round by surviving.
- Players must then follow the storm to a new location, fighting monsters all the way.
- Players then have another 60 seconds to loot the area. Monsters again spawn from Obelisks, and players must eliminate a Cube Assassin. Players complete the round by surviving.
- Players must then follow the storm again to a new location, fighting monsters all the way.
- Players then have another 60 seconds to loot the area. Monsters again spawn from Obelisks, and players must eliminate a Caretaker. Players complete the round by eliminating the Boss, and winning the game.
As rounds increase, more enemies spawn, and different varieties too. The storm circle continuously shrinks as players stay alive.
Enemies that spawn in round 2 will also spawn as the storm begins to move after the end of the first round. All of the enemies, bar the Cube Assassin and Caretaker will drop Cube Monster parts. All enemies bar the Caretaker will drop various loot on elimination.
|Enemy Name||Icon||Round Spawns|
|Ice Fiend||2 and 3|
|Exploding Brute||2 and 3|
|Mega Brute||2 and 3|
|Cube Assassin||2 only|
Loot tables are different in this mode, and the items available are, but not limited to:
|Wood||Material||Basic Material obtained from wooden structures, such as trees.|
|Stone||Material||Basic Material obtained from stone structures, such as rocks.|
|Metal||Material||Basic Material obtained from metal structures, such as vehicles.|
|Bars||Currency||Currency used to purchase services or items from Characters.|
|Nuts 'n' Bolts||Crafting Resource||Used to change weapons into their alternative versions|
|Cube Monster Parts||Crafting Resource||Used to upgrade Sideways weaponry.|
|Medium Bullets||Ammo||Ammo used for mainly for Assault Weapons, and some Pistols.|
|Shells||Ammo||Ammo used for mainly for Shotguns, and some Bows.|
|Light Bullets||Ammo||Ammo mainly used for Submachine Guns, and Pistols.|
|Rockets||Ammo||Ammo used for Explosive Weapons.|
|Assault Rifle||Assault Weapon||Fully Automatic Assault Weapon.|
|Burst Assault Rifle||Assault Weapon||2 round, Full auto burst Assault Rifle.|
|Sideways Rifle + Common Variant||Assault Weapon||Rifle which gains damage the closer it gets to overheating.|
|Sideways Minigun + Common Variant||Assault Weapon||Minigun which fires faster the closer it gets to overheating.|
|Sideways Scythe||Melee Weapon||Otherworldly scythe that grants healing upon elimination!|
|Dual Fiend Hunters||Bows||Shoots an arrow that deals heavy damage to Fiends|
|Boom Bow||Bows||Explosive Bow. Explodes on impact.|
|Pumpkin Launcher||Explosive Weapon||Seasonal version of the Rocket Launcher.|
|Grenade Launcher||Explosive Weapon||Shoots grenades which explode on a timer.|
|Pistol||Pistol||Semi Automatic, high fire rate pistol.|
|Suppressed Pistol||Pistol||Suppressed Version of the pistol.|
|Pump Shotgun||Shotgun||High Damage, Pump Action Shotgun.|
|Drum Shotgun||Shotgun||Fast Firing, Full Auto Shotgun.|
|Lever Action Shotgun||Shotgun||High Damage, Lever Action Shotgun.|
|Automatic Sniper Rifle||Sniper Rifle||Fully Automatic Scoped Sniper Rifle.|
|Submachine Gun||Submachine Gun||Short Ranged, High Fire Rate SMG.|
|Combat SMG||Submachine Gun||High DPS SMG with strong recoil.|
|Compact SMG||Submachine Gun||Identical to the High Tier Submachine Guns.|
|Harpoon Gun||Misc||Weapon which can be used to fish, or pull enemies closer to you.|
|Recon Scanner||Misc||Scans Opponents and Containers in a radius.|
|Mini Shield Potion||Healing||Heals 25 Shield, up to 50.|
|Shield Potion||Healing||Heals 50 Shield.|
|Bandages||Healing||Heals 15 HP, up to 75.|
|Rift-To-Go||Misc||Spawns a rift.|
|Grenade||Throwables||Explosive on a short timer.|
|Clingers||Throwables||Explosive which sticks to surfaces and players.|
|Dynamite||Throwables||Explosive which deals high structure damage.|
|Boom Box||Throwables||Destroys builds by rapidly damaging them in a radius.|
|Firefly Jar||Throwables||Ignites any structures it hits.|
|Shockwave Grenade||Throwables||Launches a player and negates their fall damage.|
|Chug Splash||Throwable||Heals 20 Effective Health.|
|Chili Chug Splash||Throwable||Heals 20 Effective Health. Grants a speed boost.|
|Gas Can||Throwables||Allows the player to refuel a vehicle.|
|Damage Trap||Trap||Deals a large amount of damage.|
|Cozy Campfire||Trap||Heals HP over time.|
|Mounted Turret||Trap||Spawns a turret which can be operated to deal damage.|
|Armored Wall||Trap||Reinforces a wall, giving it extra HP.|
|Chiller||Trap||Causes affected players to have Frozen Feet.|
- Weapons such as the Suppressed Assault Rifle and Charge Shotgun can still be crafted in this mode.
- All Foraged Items and fish present in standard playlists also appear in this mode.
- Update v9.21: Added Horde Rush.
- Update v18.20: Horde Rush returns.
- New Loot Pool.
- New Enemies.
- New Final Boss.
- Chest spawns appear to be at 100% in this mode.
- The reason why the Loot Pool is full of seemingly random items, is likely because it was not altered significantly since its introduction in Season 9, hence the Drum Shotgun and Boom Bow.