- — In-Game Description
Fortnite Impostors is a mode for a maximum of ten players: eight Agents maintaining The Bridge and two Impostors out to overtake it.
The facilities powering The Bridge are a well-oiled machine, and it's up to Agents of the Imagined Order to keep it that way. Agents complete Assignments like calibrating Chests and Llamas, repairing a Battle Bus, and delivering reports about The Storm for analysis. They win by completing all Assignments or vote out all Impostors.
If an Agent finds a fellow Agent’s eliminated fragment, they can report it. When an Agent reports it, everyone will be teleported to The Bridge where they can inform other Agents who they suspect might be the Impostors and vote them out.
The Impostors’ goal is simple — eliminate enough Agents to take control of The Bridge before being discovered. Impostors have special abilities exclusive to the Impostor role such as:
- Disable Assignments - Temporarily freeze progress on all Assignments.
- Teleport Players - Relocate all Agents and Impostors to somewhere else on The Bridge.
- Peely Party - For a limited time, all Agents and Impostors look are disguised as the Peely Outfit.
Like Agents, Impostors have a list of Assignments they can complete to earn everyone’s trust.
Focus on completing your assignments or polish up your sabotage skills with the new Role Bias feature. You're now able to select if you prefer to be an Impostor or Agent. Based on your choice, you’ll be more likely to be selected as that role when playing Public and Private matches, although your preferred role is not guaranteed.
Players can force a Discussion to check in on Agents and discuss the Impostor infiltration. Discussions can be called by finding an eliminated Agent and reporting it or by interacting with the Discussion panel in The Bridge’s center room. During discussions, players can share information with each other via Emotes and the Quick Chat menu, asking contextual questions about what players were doing and accusing suspicious players for ejection.
At the end of each Discussion, Agents and Impostors will vote to either eject someone from The Bridge or to skip their vote for that Discussion.
Queuing and Communicating
Players can queue up with any party size and any remaining slots will be filled. To keep gameplay fair and fun, public voice chat is disabled in Impostors but players can still communicate with each other in party chat by using Emotes and the Quick Chat menu.
Players can select the Private option when queuing into Impostors and as few as four players in their party can launch into their own custom game. Starting a game with four to seven total players will only have one Impostor, while eight or more will have two Impostors. Players can also change their party settings by selecting the Gear icon in their Friends list to:
- Limit others from joining their party to just people they invite (Private).
- Limit their party to their friends, and their friends can join without invite (Friends Only).
- Let anyone join their party (Public).
|Lobby||Discussion Room||The Bridge||Battle Bus Repair|
|CSI||Food Court||Island Control||Loop Control|
|Sleeping Quarters||Storm Monitoring||Supply Drop Factory||Weapons Lab|
|Nod Head||Clap||Point Finger||Beckon||Shake Head||Cheer||Wave|
- Strangely, there was already a mode present in Fortnite: Creative named The Spy Within, which was officially endorsed by Epic Games with its own set of Quests. This mode was also based off Among Us, and operates in a very similar fashion, albeit with custom made maps.
- In the CSI room of the Impostors map, there are two boards displaying images of The Visitor. Several of these images are from Reddit posts coming from r/FortniteBR.
- IO Guards' music leitmotif can be heard in all of impostors music.
- When the player uses the Mystique Outfit as an Impostor and eliminates an Agent, the Shapeshifter Built-In Emote turns Mystique into a Recruit Outfit instead of the player that was eliminated.
- Update v17.40: Added Impostors Gamemode.
- September 21st: The XP given has been reduced by 50%:
- Playtime: 700 to 350
- Game Start: 1000 to 500
- Game Win: 2000 to 1000
- Game Complete: 2000 to 1000
- Elimination as Impostor: 2000 to 1000
- Sabotage as Impostor: 1000 to 500
- Task Complete as Agent: 2000 to 1000
- Update v18.20: Added the Role Bias feature and a new playlist with Voice Chat.