The Jetpack takes up a place in the Player's inventory and does not need to be held in order to be used. When the player holds the Jump Button, the Jetpack activates and allows them to fly upwards slowly, or in the case of falling, counter the downwards movement. If the player aims down sights, they can hover and continuously move forwards. The Jetpack has limited fuel, meaning that once it is entirely depleted, the Jetpack will stop providing thrust, and turn off. This fuel is regenerated when not using. It does not negate fall damage.
The Jetpack also has limited durability, which is indicated with a bar next to its icon. It slowly depletes when used. Once it breaks, it is removed from the inventory.
The Player can only have one Jetpack at a time in their inventory. Finding a second Jetpack will replace the currently equipped one with the one found.
The Jetpack has 100 fuel per flight which lasts 10 seconds. It takes 6 seconds to reach 100 fuel again. It has a durability of roughly 600.
|Fuel Tank Size: 100|
|Flight Time: 10s|
|Cooldown: 6s (on empty)|
From when the item was last available in Chapter 3: Season 2
Jetpacks are found as interactable objects on the walls of an airship. They can be claimed by the player by holding the interact button. They can also be purchased from Characters.
- The Jetpack can be used to negate fall damage, as its lift can counteract the momentum of falling.
- However, the item itself does not negate fall damage when used normally.
- It is ideal to fight someone who building upwards when you have a Jetpack, as you can fly up to their build with minimal effort.
- Update v8.30: Added The Jetpack to Creative
- The Final Showdown: The Jetpack was temporarily unvaulted after the event.
- Update v9.41: Vaulted the Jetpack.
- Update v20.00: Added the ability to aim down sights when using the Jetpack. The item remains Vaulted.
- Content Update v20.10: Unvaulted the Jetpack, it can be found on the walls of airships or bought from characters.
- This change is not included in competitive playlists.
- Update v21.00: Vaulted the Jetpack.
- It is one of the five Jetpacks in the game, the others being Stark Industries Jetpack, Chitauri Jetpack, The Mandalorian's Jetpack and Alien Jetpack.
- The Jetpack was designed to be a Limited Time item, hence why it was vaulted very shortly after its inclusion.
- The Jetpack was supposed to be added in February 2018, 3 months before its later release date. It was delayed due to a 'design flaw'.
- The inclusion of the Jetpack was muddled as the developers accidentally added the Eye Of The Storm Tracker instead, vaulting that item after 30 minutes and replacing it with the Jetpack.
- It is the first item in Battle Royale to have limited durability. Prior to its introduction, limited durability was only used in Save the World weapons.