- — In-Game Description
The Kymera Ray Gun fires a continuous, 100% accurate beam when used. It has infinite ammo and as such goes on cooldown after long periods of usage.
Kymera Ray Guns range from dealing 9 Damage per shot to 11 Damage per shot (135 - 165 damage per second). All Kymera Ray Guns use Infinite Energy Ammo with a cooldown. The Kymera Ray Gun has a headshot multiplier of 1.2x, and can fire continuously 39 shots before cooling down (for 2.6 seconds).
|Kymera Ray Gun||Kymera Ray Gun||Kymera Ray Gun|
|DPS: 135||DPS: 150||DPS: 165|
|Damage: 9||Damage: 10||Damage: 11|
|Fire Rate: 15||Fire Rate: 15||Fire Rate: 15|
|Magazine Size: ∞||Magazine Size: ∞||Magazine Size: ∞|
|Cooldown: 2.5s||Cooldown: 2.25s||Cooldown: 2s|
|Structure Damage: 6||Structure Damage: 6||Structure Damage: 7|
The Kymera Ray Gun is a beam weapon, meaning its attack directly connects with a target (like hitscan), but it does not fire separate attacks when held, instead dealing rapid damage in one continuous attack. As such, First Shot Accuracy is irrelevant.
- Damage falloff begins at 40 metres (8 tiles)
- Damage reaches its minimum value of 66% of its maximum at 75 meters (15 tiles).
- Damage falloff does not affect Structure Damage.
|Pullout||Rare, Epic and Legendary||File:Kymera Ray Gun - Pullout - FX - Fortnite.ogg|
|Shooting||File:Kymera Ray Gun - Shooting - FX - Fortnite.ogg|
|Reload||File:Kymera Ray Gun - Reload - FX - Fortnite.ogg|
|Drop||File:Kymera Ray Gun - Drop - FX - Fortnite.ogg|
From when it was last obtainable in Chapter 2: Season 7
|Rarity||Chest||Rare Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Trespassers||Mothership Chest||Crafting|
- Crafting a Submachine Gun with 1 Alien Nanites (Rare to Legendary only).
- Crafting a Suppressed Submachine Gun with 1 Alien Nanites (Rare only).
- Crafting a Rapid Fire SMG with 1 Alien Nanites (Rare to Legendary only).
- The Kymera Ray Gun deals reduced damage to builds and need to cooldown often, making building is a good idea against them. A full charge from a Legendary Kymera Ray Gun cannot destroy a single brick wall before having to recharge.
- Despite the high rate of fire, their DPS is actually significantly lower than any other SMG and even lower quality Assault Rifles, in addition to requiring a small charge-up time. This makes them significantly less useful at close ranges than other SMGs.
- These weapons have great accuracy and significantly reduced damage falloff compared to other SMGs. In addition to their lower DPS, this makes them more comparable to Assault Weapons in performance.
- The pink stream of energy it emits can be seen very clearly at any range, which may reveal the user's location to other players.
- Update v17.00: Added the Kymera Ray Gun in Rare, Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Update v17.10: Kymera Ray Gun now obtainable through the Mothership Chests.
- Added to Fortnite: Creative.
- Content Update v17.10: Kymera Ray Gun can be obtained by crafting a Rare, Epic or Legendary Submachine Gun, Rare Suppressed Submachine Gun or Rare, Epic or Legendary Rapid Fire SMG with 1 Alien Nanites.
- Update v17.20: Removed the Legendary Kymera Ray Gun from Fortnite: Creative
- v17.20 Hotfixes: Added the Legendary Kymera Ray Gun to Fortnite: Creative
- High Tech Hijinks Week: Kymera Ray Guns can now be obtained from chests. Rare Kymera Ray Gun can now be found as floor loot.
- Update v18.00: Vaulted the Kymera Ray Gun in all rarities.
- Tresspassers now drop a Rare Rapid Fire SMG