Light Machine Gun: Fast fire rate. Medium Bullets.
- — In-Game Description
The Light Machine Gun is a somewhat precise and manageable weapon with a large magazine size. It is ideal for continued fire against a target, although its not recommended at long range due to its initial lateral kick. Due to these effects, the weapon works best for structure destruction and for close-to-mid range engagements.
|Light Machine Gun||Light Machine Gun||Light Machine Gun|
|DPS: 161||DPS: 168||DPS: 175|
|Damage: 23||Damage: 24||Damage: 25|
|Fire Rate: 7||Fire Rate: 7||Fire Rate: 7|
|Magazine Size: 60||Magazine Size: 60||Magazine Size: 60|
|Reload Time: 4.4s||Reload Time: 4.2s||Reload Time: 4.0s|
|Light Machine Gun||Light Machine Gun|
|DPS: 182||DPS: 196|
|Damage: 26||Damage: 28|
|Fire Rate: 7||Fire Rate: 7|
|Magazine Size: 60||Magazine Size: 60|
|Reload Time: 3.8s||Reload Time: 3.6s|
The Light Machine Gun is a hitscan weapon, with First Shot Accuracy enabled.
- Damage falloff begins at 50 meters (10 tiles).
- Damage steadily decreases down to 80% of its maximum at 75 meters (15 tiles).
- Damage reaches its minimum value of 66% of its maximum at 100 meters (20 tiles).
|Pullout||Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Shooting||Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Reload||Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Pickup||Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary|
|Drop||Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary|
From when the weapon was available in Chapter 3: Season 2.
- The LMG has a fast first shot accuracy reset, making it usable at long ranges if fired in single shots.
- However, firing in full-auto at those ranges is impractical due to the initial lateral kick.
- The LMG has one of the highest magazine of any weapon and so excels at destroying structures whilst enemies attempt to out-build it.
- Unlike other weapons, don't fire in bursts. If you suddenly stop firing the lateral kick will reset, meaning that you'll have to shot other 20 bullets to have full control of the weapon again.
- Although its DPS is below SMGs standards, the LMG can eliminate players in fewer shots and its not penalized as much if you're missing shots.
- Update v3.5.2: Added the Light Machine Gun in Rare and Epic rarities.
- Update v6.00: Vaulted the Light Machine Gun in both rarities.
- Content Update 2 v9.30 (July 2nd 2019): Unvaulted the Light Machine Gun in both rarities.
- July 3rd 2019: Vaulted the Light Machine Gun in both rarities.
- Update v13.00: Reduced headshot multiplier from 2.0x to 1.5x.
- Update v14.00: Unvaulted the Light Machine Gun in both rarities.
- Update v15.00: Vaulted the Light Machine Gun in both rarities.
- Update v19.40: Stat Changes to the Light Machine Gun. The weapon is still Vaulted.
- Lowered the Magazine Size from 100 to 60.
- Lowered the Fire Rate from 8 to 7.
- Increased ADS Accuracy.
- Update v20.00: Increased the lateral kick when firing the first 20 bullets of the weapon. The weapon is still Vaulted.
- Added Common, Uncommon and Legendary Variants. However, they are not available in-game as of right now.
- Update v20.20: Added new firing sound for the weapon. The weapon is still Vaulted.
- Content Update v20.20: Unvaulted the Light Machine Gun including its new rarities.
- Update v21.00: Vaulted the Light Machine Gun
- Unknown: Old firing sound is applied back to the Light Machine Gun. The weapon’s recoil is decreased.
- This may be a bug/issue.
- The Light Machine Gun is based off of the Belgian M249 SAW, also known as the FN Minimi.
- This is further reinforced by its WID, where it is internally referred to as "LMGSAW".
- Prior to Update v20.00, this gun used to have the highest numbered magazine size out of any gun, at 100.
- Technically the Minigun and other weapons have an unlimited magazine size, but it have a cooldown which starts at less than 100 bullets fired.
- The HackSAW from Save the World uses the same model as the Light Machine Gun. Its name in-game references the real world weapon it is based on.
- The Legendary Light Machine Gun, as well as the Drum Shotgun, is currently obtainable in Creative by using the Midas Flopper.
- Although if the weapon is dropped, it will disappear instantly.