- — In-Game Description
The Light Machine Gun is a weapon with high recoil and a very large magazine size. The weapon is designed for close range combat like an SMG, but can be used for close, or even long range combat, when fired in short bursts. The weapons high magazine size allows it to quickly destroy builds and fatigue players who are running out of materials to replace them. However, the LMG is very inaccurate at range with fully automatic fire due to its bloom and vertical recoil, as well it having a relatively long first shot accuracy cooldown. Due to these effects, the weapon works best for structure destruction and close quarters combat.
|Light Machine Gun||Light Machine Gun|
|DPS: 200||DPS: 208|
|Damage: 25||Damage: 26|
|Fire Rate: 8||Fire Rate: 8|
|Magazine Size: 100||Magazine Size: 100|
|Reload Time: 5s||Reload Time: 4.7s|
The Light Machine Gun is a hitscan weapon, with First Shot Accuracy enabled.
|Pullout||Rare and Epic|
|Shooting||Rare and Epic|
|Reload||Rare and Epic|
|Pickup||Rare and Epic|
|Drop||Rare and Epic|
From when the weapon was last available in Chapter 2: Season 4
|Stark Chest||Doom Chest||Doom Henchmen|
- The LMG has a very long first shot accuracy cooldown, so it is not ideal to use it at range.
- The LMG has the highest magazine of any weapon and so excels at destroying structures whilst enemies attempt to out-build it.
- Update v3.5.2: Added Light Machine Gun in Rare and Epic rarities.
- Update v6.00: Vaulted the Light Machine Gun in both rarities.
- Update v13.00: Reduced headshot multiplier from 2.0x to 1.5x.
- Update v14.00: Unvaulted the Light Machine Gun in both rarities.
- Update v15.00: Vaulted the Light Machine Gun in both rarities..
- The Light Machine Gun is based off of the Belgian Mark 48 machine gun aka the Maximi, a variant of the FN Minimi which was a predecessor to the M249 SAW used in the US Military.
- This gun has the highest numbered magazine size out of any gun, at 100. Technically the Minigun has an unlimited magazine size, but it has a cooldown which starts at less than 100 bullets fired.