Limited Time Modes or LTMs are a type of game mode available in Fortnite: Battle Royale. They often add a unique twist to the default game mode.
List of Limited Time Modes
- 50v50, in which there are 2 teams of 50. In 50v50 V2, 2 Battle Buses fly into the map, each carrying a team. The final circle is always shown at the start of the game. Last team with a player alive wins.
- 8 Teams of 12, in which there are 8 teams consisting of 12 members. Last team with a player alive wins.
- Air Royale - A duos-only LTM where each duo has to ride a plane. Starting off with a common pistol, SMG, and burst assault rifle (including the plane’s turret), use the weapons to destroy other’s planes. Sky chests appear giving a guaranteed temporary change of plane weapon, and a possible upgrade of one of the weapons (pistol to Deagle, SMG to minigun, and burst assault rifle to infantry rifle), depending on the rarity it shows. Health and repair kits also appear, giving +1,000 plane heath, and +50 health and shield to each player. The players can respawn infinitely, but the planes can get destroyed 3 times. After the plane gets destroyed 3 times, the duo is eliminated. Touching the ground will make you die instantly. If both players leave the plane and the plane touches the ground, the plane also gets destroyed. The storm will shrink during the first few phases, and has a height limit in this mode. In the next few, the storm will move places. Near the endgame, the storm shrinks into a really small size as well as moving into another place. In the endgame, the storm covers the whole map. The storm won’t damage the players but it will damage the plane by 20 damage per second.
- Arsenal - In the LTM, you cycle between 30 guns that become less powerful as you eliminate opponents. The 30 guns that cycle will stay the same in all matches. To get a Victory Royale, you must eliminate an opponent using the 30th gun. It was introduced during 14 Days of Summer, but got removed alongside Team Rumble: Lava due to issues. It was used later in Season X.
- Barebones - LTM in which most of the HUD is removed. Even your own teammates' location is hidden.
- Blitz, a faster-paced version of Battle Royale.
- Blitz Showdown, where the highest ranking players in their region that played the mode received 20,000 V-Bucks. In this mode, the Storm moves in a lot faster than in a normal Solo game, and the first circle is shown at the start of the game. More materials are also farmed.
- Close Encounters, in which Shotguns, Jetpacks, Grapplers, and balloons spawn in the game.
- Disco Domination, in there, are 2 teams of 50. Winning by capturing and dancing 4 different dancing floors. Players respawn until the final minutes. When a player dies they only drop ammo or building materials.
- Endgame, in this Game Mode there are two teams of 20 players -the heroes and the chitauri with Thanos. The goal is for the chitauri to collect all six Infinity Stones and for the heroes to eliminate the chitauri. The LTM promoted the much-awaited Avengers: Endgame.
- The Floor is Lava: Lava gradually rises from the lowest parts of the map. The lava can deal 20 damage by touching it. You get materials gradually in your inventory because when near the endgame, the lava will cover the map in its entirety.
- Food Fight, a large team mode, with 16 players on each team, each team represents either Durr Burger or Tomato Head (Pizza Pit). The map is divided by a wall. Which displays a timer. The goal is to destroy the enemy's restaurant mascot. Players have until the timer on the wall runs out, to scavenge and build defenses around their teams' mascot. Players respawn indefinitely in this mode. The winner is decided by which ever team's mascot is still standing after the other has been destroyed. In the Deep Fried variation, the Food Fight and The Floor is Lava LTMs are combined, thus, combining all of the rules and additions (like constantly increasing materials in inventory). Plus, after destroying the enemy’s mascot, the players supporting the mascot can no longer respawn. The last team standing wins. You also get a grappler right from the start due to the rising lava.
- Fortnitemares, a game mode in which obelisks spawn monsters in a solo, duo, and squads. This replaced Solos, Duos and Squads during the Fortnitemares event around Halloween 2018.
- Getaway, in which squads open safes to find a jewel and one of its members must bring to four vans in the center of the storm (three from the get-go, one near the end), giving the squads four chances to win.
- Ground Game, Normal battle royale gameplay, but with the added twist of a material cap of 20, and lower ammo capacity. The lower material cap is to prevent build fights and to use the maps natural cover.
- High Explosives and V2, in which there are only explosive weapons, like the RPG, Grenades, and Grenade Launchers (The Guided Missile was included in High Explosives V2).
- Infinity Gauntlet, where one player can become Thanos, the main antagonist from Avengers: Infinity War. And use many abilities against the other players. This mode was a promotional mode to promote Avengers: Infinity War. Because of this, this mode has no chance of reappearing in the future.
- One Shot, Where players have low gravity, and base health of 50. No shields spawn in this mode. Only sniper weapons spawn, Which will o-e shot anyone who is hit by them due to the low base health which gives this mode its name. Balloons and grapplers spawn more commonly in this mode. The glider re-deploy item does not spawn.
- Playground, which started as an LTM and is now a permanent mode. Playground gives the player approximately four hours to battle, build, and loot along with 15 others maximum. Playground has now become a standard part of the base game modes.
- Score Royale, where score determines the winner opposed to the regular Battle Royale format.
- Slide, in this Game Mode your feet are always frozen and you have Unlimited Grappler ammo so you can go across places faster as well as an increased supply of all ammo.
- Soaring Solos: Classic Battle Royale with gliders that can be re-deployed by pressing Jump when falling from large heights.
- Solid Gold and V2, in which there are only Legendary drops.
- Solo Showdown, where the highest ranking player in the world that played the mode will receive 50,000 V-Bucks.
- Sneaky Silencer, in which suppressed weapons and Bushes spawn very frequently.
- Sniper Shootout, in which only snipers and Revolvers are used to battle an enemy. In Sniper Shootout V2, the Crossbow and Hunting Rifle replaced the Revolver. In Sniper Shootout V3, the Crossbow was removed and the Scoped Assault Rifle and the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle were added.
- Steady Storm, where the storm does not stop until a team wins or the storm covers the map.
- Sword Fight, in this LTM, the Infinity Blade can be found in chests (more than one player can have the Infinity Blade). All of the weapons are either Epic or Legendary.
- Team Terror, two teams battle 20v20 where Cube Monsters also join the fight.
- Teams of 20, in which there are 5 teams of 20. In Teams of 20 V2, 5 Battle Buses fly into the map, each carrying a team.
- Wick’s Bounty - The LTM promoted John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum. In the LTM you start off with a Rare Combat Shotgun and a Rare Tactical Assault Rifle. Every player has 4 tokens each for their 3 lives in the LTM. If you eliminate an opponent, you steal the tokens the opponent had. The first solo, duo, or squad to reach the goal, or the most in the end wins. Solo, duos, and squad variations have a different goal for tokens (Solo: 250, Duos: 300, Squads: 500). The LTM returned for one day in 14 Days of Summer, yet it stayed for an extra day due to issues with the Team Rumble: Lava and Arsenal LTMs. Because it’s a favorite by many, the LTM is called Bounty for non-promotional events.
- Wild West - in which players have a limited selection of weapons and items related to the American Western society.
- Horde Rush - in which there is a squad of four (including yourself) that has to fight against continuous waves of Cube Fiends. These Cube Fiends come in different variants and are stronger than the normal fiends.
- The Combine - The 1st ever gamemode to be made by epic that has the cap of One Player, Sharpen your skills by eliminating targets (Double Helix's and Airhead's, Revolt's will replace Double Helix's on Nintendo Switch Edition) and rise to the top of the leaderboards in this timed solo course.
List of Creative-based LTMs
Please note that this is an incomplete list, fill in to update please.
- Gun Fright - A LTM where 2 duos compete with the same 2-gun load-out. Each match is 5 rounds, each with a different weapon duo every time.
- Zone Wars - A LTM with randomized load-out and a cramped 16 player battle. The Zone Wars originated in Creative, and each map has 5 rounds. This LTM comes with a set of challenges only completable in these LTMS. There are four different Zone Wars maps including: Desert, Colosseum, Downhill River and Vortex. Made by the following: to jotapegame, jesgran, Enigma and zeroyahero.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.