- — In-Game Description
The Makeshift Rifle is a slow firing, inaccurate rifle, so it's designed for medium to close range encounters. It does not fare well at longer ranges and it suffers from a lack of first-shot accuracy. It's characteristics are similar to an Assault Rifle and Heavy Assault Rifle.
Upgrading and Crafting
The Makeshift Rifle can be made into a Primal Rifle.
|Common Makeshift Rifle||2 Animal Bones||Uncommon Primal Rifle|
|Uncommon Makeshift Rifle||4 Animal Bones||Rare Primal Rifle|
|Rare Makeshift Rifle||6 Animal Bones||Epic Primal Rifle|
It can be made into a Assault Rifle also.
|Common Makeshift Rifle||2 Mechanical Parts||Uncommon Assault Rifle|
|Uncommon Makeshift Rifle||4 Mechanical Parts||Rare Assault Rifle|
|Rare Makeshift Rifle||6 Mechanical Parts||Epic Assault Rifle|
Makeshift Rifles range from dealing 30 Damage per shot to 31 Damage per shot (129 - 142 damage per second). All Makeshift Rifles use Medium Ammo. The Makeshift Rifle has a headshot multiplier of 1.5x.
|Makeshift Rifle||Makeshift Rifle||Makeshift Rifle|
|DPS: 129||DPS: 133||DPS: 142|
|Damage: 30||Damage: 31||Damage: 33|
|Fire Rate: 4.3||Fire Rate: 4.3||Fire Rate: 4.3|
|Magazine Size: 20||Magazine Size: 20||Magazine Size: 20|
|Reload Time: 3.3s||Reload Time: 3.2s||Reload Time: 3s|
The Assault Rifle is a hitscan weapon. It does not have First Shot Accuracy enabled, and will always fire a random spread of bullets, which increases with continuous fire. This spread is decreased whilst crouching.
- Damage falloff begins at 50 meters (10 tiles).
- Damage steadily decreases down to 80% of its maximum at 75 meters (15 tiles).
- Damage reaches its minimum value of 66% of its maximum at 100 meters (20 tiles).
|Pullout||Common, Uncommon and Rare||File:Makeshift Rifle Pullout - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Shooting||Common, Uncommon and Rare||File:Makeshift Rifle Shooting - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Reload||Common, Uncommon and Rare||File:Makeshift Rifle Reload - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Pickup||Common, Uncommon and Rare||File:Makeshift Rifle Pickup - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Drop||Common, Uncommon and Rare||File:Makeshift Rifle Drop - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Rarities||Chest||Rare Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Fishing (Plain)||Fishing (Spots)||Upgrading|
- This weapon is not ideal for long range engagements, as it cannot hit accurately, and has no first shot accuracy, even when crouching and being stationary.
- It has a slower fire rate and lower magazine size than the Assault Rifle and the Primal Rifle, making this weapon slightly weaker than the others.
- Use the Makeshift Rifle early-game for melee damage due to the issues mentioned above.
- Update v16.00: The Makeshift Rifle is introduced in Common, Uncommon, and Rare. It is part of the new craftable weapons system.
- Update v16.10: Crafting adjustments altered based on rarity, formerly 4 resources across the board, now 2/4/6 depending on rarity.