- — In-Game Description
Midas is a Legendary Outfit in Fortnite: Battle Royale, that could be obtained at Level 100 of the Chapter 2: Season 2 Battle Pass. He is part of the Golden Ghost Set. He was a major character in the storyline in Chapter 2: Season 2, he triggered the Device event to push the Storm and maybe escape The Loop, he succeeded, but in revenge on Midas, the Storm creates the wall of water and floods the island.
Midas is based on the Greek myth about a king of the same name, who turned everything he touched into gold. He could have also been inspired by Shirley Bassey's song for 007: Goldfinger, which is about a man described to have the Midas Touch because of his love of gold.
Midas dropped the following items when eliminated:
|Midas' Drum Gun||Assault Rifle|
|The Device Event|
Before Chapter 2: Season 2
Before the days of Shadow, Midas set his sights on building an empire of espionage, intrigue, and conquest. For this he recruited three people with great potential : The Burning Wolf, Chaos Origins and Sierra to make them his first three Shadow operatives, together they form The First Shadows. Midas' original three operatives are respectively nicknamed Midas' first enforcer, Midas’ first redeemed and Midas’ first pardoned.
Chapter 2: Season 2
Midas could be found as a boss at the Agency. He was heavily guarded by GHOST Henchmen and could be defeated. Like all bosses, he had his own unique drops: his drum gun and the Agency Keycard - which could be used to unlock the vault. Inside the vault laid a fountain of loot.
After the Device live event, Midas officially shows his true affiliation with SHADOW (it is later revealed that he is the founder as well as the true leader), he likely handed over the The Agency to Jules to turn into SHADOW's new HQ.
Chapter 2: Season 3
Chapter 2: Season 4
Close to the end of Chapter 2: Season 4, the Midas snapshot who was attacked by a Loot Shark attempted to take back the eye of the island. He returned as Shadow Midas. He would eventually fail and Galactus destroyed The Ruins and the eye of the island by exposing the Zero Point. Around this time, another snapshot of Midas made his appearance: Midas Rex, it is assumed to be a version of Midas prior to Oro and is titled as "Ghost's Golden King".
Chapter 2: Season 5
Marigold arrived on the Island. Just like Midas, she is cursed with the Golden Touch. In her quests, she mentions that someone is "spending Midas' gold" and her pickaxe description mentions that her daggers are a treasured gift from Midas.
Chapter 2: Season 6
Jules' NPC description reveals Jules is Midas' daughter and that he had been "an international crime boss". A snapshot of Jules also appears: Scrapknight Jules, she wears armor similar to that of Midas Rex with the logo of the Imagined Order on her cape.
He is also seen in Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point Issue 1 fighting Batman.
Chapter 2: Season 7
The Marigold NPC, seems to be in on a plan, with Midas and Jules, as she asks for a getaway driver, she also tells them to stick to the plan, stating that something is going to happen soon involving him and Midas Rex.
Chapter 2: Season 8
He narrates the first animated comic series for the Fortnite Crew, this being for The Burning Wolf. This could hint at the fact that Midas has escaped the loop in the past as he has the ability to speak properly, which proven from all boss voicelines, characters trapped in the loop cannot speak properly, but instead speak in a series of unintelligible grunts and shouts.
- His room in The Hideout contains helmets that have been turned gold.
- Midas’s gold touch mechanism can turn any weapon or vehicle (except cars, saucers, and the Kymera Ray Gun) gold, and they will remain like that for the rest of the match, even if dropped.
- At the Eye Land, Midas was very likely the one who turned the furniture gold everywhere in the house at the end of Chapter 2: Season 1, before he turned it into The Agency.
- On his desk, there was a portrait of his daughter Jules.
- During The Device live event, his picture can be seen on a folder on a desk.
- There were three golden trucks found in Risky Reels that he might have touched.
- Midas has a fish counterpart, known as the Midas Flopper.
- Midas has a Fortnitemares counterpart, known as Shadow Midas.
- Midas’ chair could be found in IO Elevators when they appeared in Chapter 2: Season 5.
- He is the male counterpart of Marigold.
- There are golden items stolen by Rapscallion in Holly Hedges and Lazy Lake, and they seemed to be have belonged to Midas as they were touched by his golden touch.
- In the Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point Issue 1, he made an appearance, wearing his SHADOW outfit. He was one of the 6 survivors during the fight, and was later defeated by Batman.
- The statue representing Midas on The Yacht shows that he wore glasses before the loss of his right eye.
- He is voiced by Matthew Mercer.
- He has special dialogue when he talks with Jules' and Marigold's NPC counterpart.
- Midas' in-game description "All that glitters is yours." may be a reference to the 1999 song "All Star" by Smash Mouth.
- He has a summer variant named Midsummer Midas.
- Proven by his tattoos shown by Midsummer Midas, he lead (or leads) GHOST so far in Chapter 2. The tattoos have many easter eggs as well.