- — In-Game Description
Midas is a Legendary outfit in Fortnite that can be obtained from Chapter 2: Season 2 Battle Pass at Level 100. He is a Spy Boss at The Agency and has his own Mythic Drum Gun. He is also the leader of GHOST and supposedly a team of agents going undercover for E.G.O. and A.L.T.E.R.
As the leader of E.G.O., Midas’s gold touch mechanism can turn any weapon or vehicle into gold and even if you die, it will still be gold when dropped and other players can pick it up and it will still have a weapon with a built-in gold wrap. (Note: Does not apply in Save the World.)
This Mechanism is similar to the ancient Greek myth about King Midas, a greedy king who could turn anything he touched to gold.
- According to Chapter 2: Season 2, he is the leader of GHOST, the team that Skye and Deadpool are also in.
- His Room in the hideout contains of helmets that have been frozen gold, indicating that he likely either killed them or, for whatever reason, stole their helmet/masks. Killed targets include Black Knight, Lynx, Astro Assassin, A.I.M., Chaos Agent, Alpine Ace, Beastmode, Tomatohead, Beef Boss, Scratch, and more.
- This character is a reference to the classic story of King Midas and the Golden Touch.
- Midas' Golden Agent variant is unlocked at Level 100, and gets more gold every level until level 140 when it is finished.
- Midas could be Oro, Due to the fact that Oro's set is called Midas' Revenge, and their extremely similar scars though this could be a coincidence.
- Alternatively, Midas could be possessed by Oro, since Oro appears to be some sort of god; or vice versa.
- Midas used to live on the center island where The Agency is currently located. This is proven by gold furniture everywhere in the house at the end of Chapter 2 Season 1.
- Midas might have killed some of his enemies and agents who found out about Doomsday, explaining the Gold Helmets in his room.
- Midas was heard taking his meditation on the redacted messages / teaser posters on Fortnite newsfeed.
- In Save the World, Midas does not have his gold touch.
- This is possibly so that even if a player drops a weapon and has the outfit equipped, other players can still use their custom wraps.
- He is currently the last person to choose their side in the hideout.
- In game, he is voiced by Matthew Mercer.