Eat me! I'll upgrade your weapons
- — In-Game Description
Midas Floppers are consumed to heal 40 Health. They can be consumed at any Health Level. Midas Floppers also convert every possible weapon in the player inventory to Legendary rarity, and the fish itself turns into a Legendary Assault Rifle. It can only convert weapons to Legendary if the weapon has a Legendary version, or at least one that is not vaulted.
Midas Floppers can be thrown by holding the Aim button and using the projectile arc to guide them. Once landed, it will ping its location to squad-mates
The maximum size a Midas Flopper can be is 60cm, with the minimum being 30cm.
|Midas Flopper||The Ruins / The Authority
Requires Pro Fishing Rod
Midas Floppers heal 40 Health. They take 1 second to consume.
|Healing: 40 Health|
|Max Stack: 2|
|Time to Use: 1s|
- Midas Floppers are obviously very beneficial, upgrading all of your weaponry to Legendary and giving you a Legendary Assault Rifle. However, as the catch rate is so low and they require a Pro Fishing Rod, it is often not worth spending the time to find one.
- Waiting for your squad to give you their low rarity weaponry is the most efficient way to upgrade all their loot and make the best use of the Midas Flopper.
- Update v14.10: Midas Floppers introduced in Legendary rarity. They heal 40 Health and convert every possible weapon in the player to Legendary rarity.
- The Midas Flopper's appearance is similar to that of Midas and its function to covert everything to the highest rarity is similar to Midas' ability to turn items to gold. Despite Mythic being a closer color to Gold, It does not create Mythic weapons however due to balance reasons and a lack of appropriate Mythic weaponry.
- Despite requiring a Pro Fishing Rod, the Fishing Collection Book did not state that the player needed one to catch it. On top of this the Book also listed it as being found Anywhere, despite it being only found at The Ruins / The Authority.
- These were likely done to make it harder for players to discover the fish.