- — In-Game Description
The Minigun has no magazine limit, fires much faster than other Assault Weapons, and has a cool-down period if fired for too long. The cool-down period exists to balance the lack of a magazine. The minigun is not very accurate, and has a spin up timer, which means the player cannot fire it instantly. It is not really made for actual combat, but exists to destroy builds and outplay those building for cover. Aside from this, the minigun is impractical for regular gunplay.
|DPS: 240||DPS: 252|
|Damage: 20||Damage: 21|
|Fire Rate: 12||Fire Rate: 12|
|Magazine Size: ∞||Magazine Size: ∞|
|Cooldown Time: 4.75s||Cooldown Time: 4.5s|
|Structure Damage: 32||Structure Damage: 33|
The Minigun is a hitscan weapon. It does not have First Shot Accuracy enabled, and will always fire a random spread of bullets, which increases with continuous fire. This spread is decreased whilst crouching
|Pullout||Epic and Legendary|
|Shooting/Overheating/Cooldown||Epic and Legendary|
|Pickup||Epic and Legendary|
|Drop||Epic and Legendary|
From when the weapon was last available in Chapter 2: Season 2
- The Minigun has a very high structure damage, so it is useful for knocking down buildings.
- The Minigun does not need to be reloaded, so when you do not need to shoot, hold your Minigun and wait for it to cool down.
- Update v2.40: Introduced the Minigun in Epic and Legendary rarities. It is classed as an explosive weapon.
- Update v4.30 Content Update: Minigun Adjustments:
- Accuracy increased by 10%.
- Light Ammo spawn increased from 60 to 90.
- Damage against structures increased from 25 to 30.
- Update v5.21: Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Update v7.20: Minigun Adjustments:
- Minigun now has an overheat mechanic after 6 seconds of continuous fire.
- Reduced the wind-up time by 37%.
- Updated the audio for the Minigun.
- Update v9.30: Minigun Adjustments:
- Now Classed as an Assault Weapon.
- Minigun now does 20/21 instead of 18/19
- Minigun now overheats after 5 seconds, not 6
- Update v16.00: Minigun is vaulted in all playlists.
- Update v16.30: Minigun received new firing sounds (Still Vaulted).
- The Model of the Minigun is the exact same as the one used in the Goin' Commando!!! Ability in Save the World. This is due to the fact that many of the weapons' textures at the time were borrowed from Save the World.
- At one point, there was a glitch that allowed people using the Deadpool outfit to deal more damage with the Epic Minigun.
- At one point, a player could sit in a Shopping Cart, and fire the minigun to propel themselves. For an unknown reason this was removed.
- The Minigun is vaguely based off the American M61 Vulcan, although it appears to just be a generic mix of other miniguns from other media. Like most video games, it is quite unrealistic for a person to hold a minigun without it being mounted to a vehicle, let alone fire one, as it weighs around 92kg (202 lbs), the same as a newborn elephant.
- The Minigun also fires Light Ammo, which is a much smaller caliber than in real life. However, to balance the ammo capacity and damage, the minigun uses this ammo in game. In theory, it should use Medium Ammo.
- The Minigun is actually a briefcase that quickly unfolds into a Minigun.
- It has the phrase "Huska La Vista" engraved into the side of it. This is a reference to Terminator 2, with "Hasta La Vista, baby!" being the original quote. The Husk part is in reference to Save the World, where the minigun was first present, and uses the same model in both modes.