Motorboats are mainly used for traversing water, as they are largely unaffected by the flow of rivers, allowing them to traverse upstream with ease. They are also able to traverse land, but will take 1hp of damage per second, or 2hp if boosting, allowing for 800 seconds maximum of land traversal time (assuming no extra damage is taken). Motorboats have a boost feature, allowing for a short burst of speed. This boost is the best way to travel on land. Motorboats have a missile launcher, capable of dealing 30 damage per shot, with much greater structure damage.
Motorboats require fuel, once empty, they will no longer be able to move, but the launcher remains functional. They seat four players.
Motorboats have a total of 800 HP. They can launch missiles that deal 30 damage each. It also does damage when it rams into players or structures. Motorboats, like cars and Choppas, explode when they reach 0 HP.
|Damage: 30 per Rocket|
- Using the Missile Launcher as a method of dealing damage is ill-advised. This is because it deals a very low amount of damage, is hard to control, and leaves the player very vulnerable to attacks, especially on land. Players should launch a missile before leaving the Motorboat however, for easy structure damage.
- If another Motorboat is found whilst traversing the map, players should switch it out, as it may have more HP, as well as more fuel. Boats can still be refueled with Gas Cans however.
- Although they take damage when driven on land, it takes over 10 minutes for a motorboat to be destroyed this way, so there is very little cause for concern.
- When motorboats do blow up, their explosions do not damage players in or around it.
- Update v11.00: Introduced the Motorboat.
- Update v13.00: A change was added to make the missiles travel faster, though now making it harder to hit targets at short range. This change, however, was later reverted.
- Update v13.40: Motorboats can now use the radio feature.
- Update v14.00: Radio removed from the motorboat.
- Update v15.10 : Motorboats now require Fuel
- The Motorboat is the first water vehicle introduced in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
- The Motorboat is the 4th vehicle to have a built-in weapon.
- The motorboat, in-game, has the SHADOW/A.L.T.E.R logo on it, although as shown in the Dive! loading screen, motorboats have GHOST symbols on them too.
- In the game's files, the name of the vehicle is "Meatball"