Named Locations are the largest types of locations in Fortnite: Battle Royale. They are named on the map, often using alliteration as their naming convention. However, this is not always the case. Named Locations were introduced on launch of the game, in the Pre-Season.
Named Locations often follow an alliterative ruleset, meaning the location is two words, each of which start with the same letter. Examples are:
However, some locations do not follow this ruleset for various reasons:
- Many faction specific locations, such as The Authority, or The Joneses do not use alliteration. On demotion, some of these have gained alliterative status, such as The Grotto becoming Brutus' Basin.
- Collaboration Locations often do not use alliteration, such as The Daily Bugle or Gotham City.
- This is not always the case, as Doom's Domain was alliterative, despite being collaboration based.
- Some locations are single words, such as Sanctuary and so cannot be alliterative.
- Some locations cannot be confirmed as to why they do not use alliteration, such as The Pyramid or The Spire.
- This may be as the area is of great importance, as there has never been an alliterative location over the center of the Apollo Map.
Current Named Locations
Currently, there are 16 named locations on the map in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
|The Daily Bugle||48|
Former Chapter 3 Named Locations
Former Chapter 2 Named Locations
Former Chapter 1 Named Locations
- Many Locations have shared names, been demoted, or been brought back as demoted locations. The following trivia denotes these:
- Stealthy Stronghold was changed to an Unnamed Location after Chapter 2: Season 6 concluded. From its inclusion in Chapter 2: Season 5, it was a named location.
- Loot Lake is currently an Unnamed Location, despite being named in Chapter 1 (Its appearance now is significantly different).
- Sunny Steps is an Unnamed Location currently, and is very similar to its named version in Chapter 1.
- Flush Factory was brought back as a Landmark named Flushed Building.
- Part of Greasy Grove was brought back as a Landmark named The Durrr Burger.
- Parts of Tomato Town were brought back as Landmark named The Pizza Pit.
- Dusty Depot was brought back as a Landmark named Dusted Depot.
- The Grotto was flooded, becoming a Landmark named Brutus' Basin.
- The Shark was flooded becoming a Landmark named Sharky Shell.
- The Pyramid and The Convergence are the only named locations that do not have any destructible objects, aside from trees and rocks which fall inside the named location.
- The Daily Bugle is the first and only Location to have three words in its name.
- Sanctuary is the first and only Location to have one word in its name.