Phone Booths (Also known as Disguise Booths) are an object found within Fortnite: Battle Royale, which can be interacted with in order to 'disguise' a player as an enemy AI (specifically Henchmen). This allows the player to remain undetected amongst other AIs, access scanners, and also open Henchmen Chests.
Phone Booths can be found in locations in which henchmen spawn, and are used to alter the player's skin to 'blend in' with the AI. Upon interacting with a Phone Booth, the player enters it, the windows block out, and the player leaves it again, with their skin now altered to that of a Henchmen. This process takes a few seconds from start to finish.
Whilst disguised the player has the ability to do certain actions:
- Use Scanners to unlock doors and Henchman Chests.
- Henchmen and Bosses from the area will not become Hostile towards the player.
- Sentry Cameras will not detect the player.
- Other players may not be able to differentiate you from other AI.
The Player can lose their disguise by:
- Firing a weapon or using a Harvesting Tool.
- Re-entering the Phone Booth.
- Getting attacked by another player or AI (The storm will not remove the disguise).
As of Chapter 2: Season 4, only one location has Phone Booths, and only one type of AI can the player be disguised as.
- GHOST Henchmen disguise - Formerly found at The Agency, The Shark, The Yacht, and The Fortilla.
- SHADOW Henchmen disguise - Formerly found at The Authority, Pleasant Park, The Grotto, and The Rig.
- Rig Henchmen disguise - Formerly found at The Rig before being replaced by SHADOW Henchmen disguise Phone Booths.
- Shark Henchmen disguise - Formerly found at The Shark before being replaced by GHOST Henchmen disguise Phone Booths.
- Grotto Henchmen disguise - Formerly found at The Grotto before being replaced by SHADOW Henchmen disguise Phone Booths.
- Doom Henchmen disguise - 2 Phone Booths could be found at Doom's Domain.
- Standing in front of a Phone Booth, or Driving a vehicle in front of it whilst another player is inside, will throw the player back, or destroy the vehicle completely. The player who exits the booth will not be hurt.
- The Mystique skin has the unique ability to 'shape-shift' into other skins after eliminating them, including henchmen. This effect does not grant the player the ability to act like a Henchman without disguising.
- Their design resembles a Red Telephone Box, a iconic sight on the streets of the United Kingdom.