- — In-Game Description
Players can battle and build with an extended period of time (4 hours) to roam around the map, as well as increased resource generation by 10. All treasure chests and ammo crates will be spawned, so players can try dropping in different spots to scope out the loot. Friendly fire is on so they can scrimmage with their squad (up to three friends per match), with near-immediate respawns.
- There can be up to four players in each match.
- Each match lasts for 4 hours.
- The Storm won't close at all during the 4 hours.
- Players can swap into 4 different teams.
- Loot galore: 100 llamas total, 100 supply drops total.
- 10x more materials (exp. floor/chest/llama/supply drop loot).
- 3x more floor and chest loot.
- Chests (Battle Royale), Ammo Boxes, Quadcrashers, Driftboards, and Ballers spawn 100% of the time.
- Chug Jugs are very common, and bandages are very rare.
- Players can adjust starting health, starting shield, time of day, and gravity.
- Playground was first added in Version 4.5, on June 27, 2018. However, due to the amount of players attempting to play the mode because playground allowed players to open their own instance of the game, the mode was shortly removed to fix server issues.
- Playground returned on July 2, 2018, once server issues were fixed.
- Playground allowed you to run freely on the island with friends. Many youtubers took advantage of this, and it was very popular to make videos in this mode. A notable example is the youtube channel "NewScapePro" which created Machinimas with Playground mode.
- In Version 5.41, the Spiky Stadium, a Playground-exclusive item, was added.
- In Version 6.01, the Custom Game Options for Playground were added.
- In Version 6.20, various Playground Spawnables were added. They could be found in Vending Machines near Loot Lake.
- In Version 11.3.1, Playground was permanently replaced with Battle Lab, which is essentially the same as Playground, but with many additions and changes, and on the new Apollo island.