On January 19, 2019, the mysterious floating ice orb that contained The Ice King had broke, fully revealing The Ice King. The Ice King then used a giant projection of himself, his icy powers, and some remaining fragments of Kevin The Cube to cover the map in snow. Ice Shards and the Ice Legion had then begin to appear on the island. This was later known as the Ice Storm event.
On May 4th, 2019, Polar Peak was damaged and a giant crack appeared on it, due to the Volcano Eruption.
During Week 2 of Season 9, the bottom of the iceberg melted, revealing a small space. In that small space, wind would constantly blow out, pushing nearby players back.
On May 28, 2019, the ice near the bottom of the iceberg melted even more, this time becoming translucent and revealing a giant eye.
On June 6, 2019, the monster under Polar Peak emerged, destroying parts of the kingdom and taking out a large chunk from the edge of the iceberg carrying the castle. The monster itself made giant footprints around the snow biome, which lead to the sea. It could occasionally be found swimming around the island with the castle on its back.
Like all other POIs on the old map, the location was removed from the game during "The End" live event.
- Popularity: High
- Chests: 16 (not confirmed)
- Materials: Wood (from trees), Stone
- Storm Circle Chance: Low
- There are three sculptures that are located somewhere at the bottom of Polar Peak. The sculptures are the Raven skin, the Love Ranger skin, and the Red Knight skin.
- The Infinity Blade was located at Polar Peak before it was vaulted. It got replaced by an ice block, which on June 6, 2019 collapsed with the other parts of Polar Peak.
- The castle belonged to The Ice King.
- Before the castle was destroyed, Polar Peak was the highest you could go on the Chapter 1 map without building or using Rifts.