- — In-Game Description
Predator's Cloaking Device allows the player to go nearly invisible for 30 seconds upon use. In this state, there is a vague outline of the player, but to the untrained eye they are not visible. The effect is cancelled if the player swaps the item out, changes to another item, attempts to build, or tries to swim.
Predator's Cloaking Device lasts 30 seconds upon use, and has a 30 second cooldown after it has concluded.
|Predator's Cloaking Device|
|Cloaking Ability Ends|
|Ability End Warning|
|Ability End Warning 2|
|Ability is Active|
- Predator's Cloaking Device can be used to effectively reposition yourself in the final set of storm circles. If the enemy players cannot see where you are positioning, you may be able to get the jump on them.
- Predator's Cloaking Device cancels when doing anything but holding the item. As such you should be weary on the difficulty that might arise when attempting to attack other players.
- The device does not make you completely invisible, and as such you can be identified when using it.
- You can easily defeat a player that has this by using visualized sound effects.
- You should switch to a weapon when you are ready to attack, since if you turn the cloak off by pressing the button, you will stand still for a few seconds, making you exposed.
- Update v16.00: Vaulted Predator's Cloaking Device.
- The device is almost identical to the one in the Predator movies, and even the appearance of a cloaked player is the same.
- When dropped as floor loot, the item shows the cloaking device with a hand attached to it.