- — In-Game Description
This Primal Rifle is a fully automatic, fast firing, but inaccurate medium ranged weapon. It does not have first shot accuracy, but it has a higher damage per second than its regular counterpart. As such, it does not excel at longer ranged engagements.
Upgrading and Crafting
The Primal Rifle comes in Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary rarities. However, it can only be crafted up to Epic rarity. The Legendary rarity of this weapon can only be found in Supply Drops, Rare Chests and by fishing at Fishing Spots.
To craft a Primal Rifle, a Makeshift Rifle and Animal Bones are required. When making a Primal Rifle from a Common Makeshift Rifle 2 Animal Bones are required, while crafting from an Uncommon Makeshift Rifle, 4 Animal Bones are required. However, when making a Primal Rifle from a Rare Makeshift Rifle, 6 Animal Bones are required.
|Primal Rifle||Primal Rifle||Primal Rifle|
|DPS: 193.75||DPS: 206.25||DPS: 218.75|
|Damage: 31||Damage: 33||Damage: 35|
|Fire Rate: 6.25||Fire Rate: 6.25||Fire Rate: 6.25|
|Magazine Size: 30||Magazine Size: 30||Magazine Size: 30|
|Reload Time: 2.6s||Reload Time: 2.5s||Reload Time: 2.4s|
|Fire Rate: 6.25|
|Magazine Size: 30|
|Reload Time: 2.3s|
The Primal Rifle is a hitscan weapon. It does not have First Shot Accuracy enabled, and will always fire a random spread of bullets, which increases with continuous fire. This spread is decreased whilst crouching.
- Damage falloff begins at 50 meters (10 tiles).
- Damage steadily decreases down to 80% of its maximum at 75 meters (15 tiles).
- Damage reaches its minimum value of 66% of its maximum at 100 meters (20 tiles).
|Pullout||Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary||File:Primal Rifle Pullout - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Shooting||Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary||File:Primal Rifle Shooting - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Reload||Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary||File:Primal Rifle Reload - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Pickup||Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary||File:Primal Rifle Pickup - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Drop||Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary||File:Primal Rifle Drop - FX - Fortnite.wav|
|Rarities||Chest||Rare Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Fishing (Plain)||Fishing (Spots)|
- The Primal Rifle trades its first shot accuracy with the ability to fire faster. This makes it a better weapon than the regular AR to switch to if you don't have an SMG and need to finish off a weak opponent in an enclosed structure.
- The Primal Rifle is weak at longer ranges, as it cannot accurately hit shots.
- Update v16.00: The Primal Rifle is introduced in Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary. It is part of the new craftable weapons system.